eurofighter

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:47 PM

Please don't go overboard.  You have a great, simple layout here, and I wouldn't add anything more than a helix or a corkscrew, and possibly adjust the turn to be higher and more banked.  I would hate to see this coaster run out of speed with a new layout when it was so close to being done already.  It's awesome that you got better performance, but speed is still a major factor in your layout design.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#22 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:30 PM

But you should keep the loop (maybe a bit higher because you have more speed(?))

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#23 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:01 AM

I'm glad you can do a bit more. We've already seen that your shaping and style are very promising.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#24 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:57 PM

the loop is done, along with a small airtime hill. if you guess the ride right, you'll get a free internet cookie. :D

Attached Files

How do I upload a picture here omgg.

#25 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:31 PM

Spungeberb. I think the loop may be a little too circular but it is incredibly so I wouldn't change it. It will be interesting to see how well you conserve the speed throughout the layout but a fairly solid start so far.

Edited by CW5X, 16 January 2016 - 07:31 PM.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#26 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:46 PM

spent the day cleaning and relaxing. also added some detail too. does anyone have a picture of the spongebob station/que/switch? if so, please post it here!

Attached Files

#27 IonZer0

IonZer0

• 859 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:27 PM

Please focus more on completing the layout of the ride before you delve into scenery and other decorative objects.  Putting the majority of your pieces and effort into the coaster itself will be way more beneficial, even if you fail to complete the coaster.  Building a station and other scenery won't teach you much about being able to construct smooth, sturdy elements.  This will only frustrate you in the long run, as you'll put lots of effort into building beautiful scenery around the ride, but fail to build a coaster that can match it.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

#28 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:20 PM

^ To be honest, your right... so focus on the actual ride. So far you've done great!

Posted Image

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#29 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:24 PM

quick update: I started the brake run and basically finished the dive loop. and I won't have enough speed to do spongebob (sigh). next update will be when I get my parts from noodles :P

Attached Files

#30 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:49 PM

I really like the supports on the dive loop, but the bottom of the dive loop looks a little weird, you should make it start curving down a little sooner. I would like to see some pictures of the whole layout since I don't know where the dive loop is.

Edited by KirbyCoast, 26 January 2016 - 09:52 PM.

#31 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:47 PM

I really like the supports on the dive loop, but the bottom of the dive loop looks a little weird, you should make it start curving down a little sooner. I would like to see some pictures of the whole layout since I don't know where the dive loop is.

i stopped adding red rods in the middle of the cross ties halfway. I'll post some more pictures in a minute.

#32 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:08 PM

I'm looking at it now and I'm not that happy with it so I'll probably reshape it.

Attached Files

#33 IonZer0

IonZer0

• 859 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:37 AM

The dive lop definitely needs to be reshaped, which you've already addressed.  The top half is larger than the bottom half, which is backwards to how it should be.

01167509.jpg

Posted Image

TOP 10

#34 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:38 PM

The dive loop reminds me of that like on Hydra. I like it that way.
Maybe you could make the pullout a bit bigger though.

Posted Image

#35 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:04 PM

I got a bin of knex and it had everything except ss parts :(. but I made a station roof, finished the plaza, and got a name. it'll be called ironworx like the scarezone at kd.

Attached Files

#36 frank

frank

Construction Foreman

• 246 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:04 PM

O My Gosh :o

The Plaza looks so cool.

Now you can continue to build the roller coaster.

PS did you fix the Dive loop.

#37 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:28 PM

O My Gosh :o
The Plaza looks so cool.
Now you can continue to build the roller coaster.
PS did you fix the Dive loop.

waiting to buy another ss off of craigslist or something. I'm still working on the dive loop too.

#38 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:41 PM

First of all, this looks really, really great! And second, I would probably go to eBay instead of craigslist; I personally have never been able to find anything good on Craigslist before. Either way, I hope you can figure something out because this looks so cool!

#39 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:58 PM

First of all, this looks really, really great! And second, I would probably go to eBay instead of craigslist; I personally have never been able to find anything good on Craigslist before. Either way, I hope you can figure something out because this looks so cool!

I bought a tub and it has a bunch of gears, tires, rods and green connectors. probably about 2000 pieces for 5 bucks :D. I was suppose to meet this guy on cl but he isn't responding. eBay time.

#40 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:00 PM

should be getting a ss and rr for $3 and shipping from goodwill! I'm also having trouble with the lift. I'm using 2 cars and a battery for weight. it's a 12v motor with the correct adapotor but can barely lift the car. is there any special way I should use it?