Launch Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 IndyLukes

IndyLukes

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:20 PM

I am pretty new to the K'nex world, and I want to do a roller coaster launch for a science project. I have two questions I would like answers to.

1: Can I make a Jesper Launch with only one Screamin Serpent?

2: Are there any other realistic launch methods besides the Jesper and Cable launch (the one I found in tutorials)?

#2 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 05:16 PM

You might be able to make a jesper launch with only one SS set, but then you won't really have any other pieces to make the rest of your coaster with. You can always shorten or lengthen it to fit your needs. Another option is a drill launch, which works for smaller launched coasters (I haven't been around in awhile, so someone else may have perfected this method already).

#3 IndyLukes

IndyLukes

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 02:00 PM

You might be able to make a jesper launch with only one SS set, but then you won't really have any other pieces to make the rest of your coaster with. You can always shorten or lengthen it to fit your needs. Another option is a drill launch, which works for smaller launched coasters (I haven't been around in awhile, so someone else may have perfected this method already).

I am gonna use the launch for a science project, so I don't really need to make the rest of the coaster. Also, how can I shorten a jesper launch? The tutorial makes it seem hard to shorten it