archy.

Go Broncos!

#22 Westside7th

Westside7th

Adrenaline Junkie

• 4275 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 07:45 PM

I was considering naming all the rides in Spanish but

the task proved to be more of a hassle then fun. I know the little archy in the park is

not very exciting but I wasn't trying to be elaborate with this park, just have fun.

I have built a station for Duel which is not shown in the pictures but it is very

Spanish-looking, sort of like Alamo meets Taco Bell. :D
The next coaster

is probably going to be a Morgan hyper coaster or a floorless impulse coaster that was

to be features in a desert park a long time ago but got deleted. There is a pic

attatched.
El Parque de ParaĆ­so is under joint ownership so I consulted my friend

Andrea on this issue and she is leaning towards the Morgan hyper. Western Thrills

did just get a great hyper, Venom Rails, for Magnolia Park by Morgan. What do you

think?

The Coasters of Westside7th

2003 - Thunder Twist | Iron Falcon | Insanity | Voltage | Banshee

2004 - Centaur | Polar Plunge | Chaos | Nessie | Eclipse | Desert Eagle

2005 - K2 | Jaguar

#23 Westside7th

Westside7th

Adrenaline Junkie

• 4275 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 03:37 PM

A large expansion has been made to the park. A lake

has been built and the second entrance has been opened. There is an island in the

middle of the lake with an observation tower. A wild west themed train ride has been

built as well as a large hyper coaster. A parking lot has been built and a hotel will be

coming soon.
Also, my friend's house has undergone some rehab and an

addition was added and it looks a lot better. Notice the boat house to the right of the

house in the pic.

2005 - K2 | Jaguar

#24 cotton_eye_joe92

cotton_eye_joe92

Entry Engineer

• 979 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 05:05 PM

Looks great! Keep it up...10 times better than

my parks...no, 100 times better!!!

-Joe

Bulking to 200...fooooood

#25 Westside7th

Westside7th

Adrenaline Junkie

• 4275 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:16 PM

Wow, this thread is REALLY old. Anyway, since I last posted in this thread, I've been playing RCT2 on and off a couple times a year...whenever I get into a binge. Recently, I've been playing a lot and I felt it's time to share this park soon.

Basically, this park just started out just for fun and I didn't really pay much attention to making the buildings look nice, etc. Well, eventually the park grew and I realized that it was a great park. So, over the years it has evolved and grown to capacity. I've changed the name to Paradise Park so if a staff member (*sniff* I no longer have the power :( , haha) could change the title of the thread that would be great.

The park has 15 coasters (possibly 17 if you count a drop coaster used to imitate a 1st generation freefall and a powered mine train coaster used to imitate a tumblebug ride). There is a large hotel across the street from the park, as well as a few houses and guest houses for the park owners. Since I was building the park for fun and to be peep friendly, the buildings are blocky and the park is very cluttered and packed in; I just kept building until there was no more room! Here are some teaser shots:

First picture is of the western area. There is a gryo-drop inside the water tower.

The second picture is of the stand-up coaster, Jackal, and the racing coaster, Dueling Fury.

The third picture is of the corkscrew coaster, impulse coaster.

The fourth picture if of the pyramid-shaped hotel.

2005 - K2 | Jaguar

#26 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:55 PM

That hotel is so kickass. I love it!

#27 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:01 PM

It does seem a bit cluttered, but the pyramid hotel looks great.

Although, the more important thing is... YOU'RE BACK?!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Coaster Count: 79

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#28 LukeIsLuke

LukeIsLuke

Entry Engineer

• 637 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:34 AM

I love it. You are pretty awesome at this game.
RCTGOD!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

#29 Westside7th

Westside7th

Adrenaline Junkie

• 4275 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:22 PM

Thanks guys. Yeah, the park is VERY cluttered but I was just going for fun and kept packing the rides in. I also wanted to make the park peep friendly and it's been doing great with almost 7000 guests and actually profiting. I just need to finish housing some food stalls and the park should be finished. Anyway, I am glad you like what I've shown so far; I wish I could post more pics today but I just haven't had the time...this is what you get for working 40+ hours a week.

And TripleHelix, I suppose I'm back...I don't really have a whole lot of time but RCT2 has brought me back...hopefully I can be somewhat active. :)

2005 - K2 | Jaguar

#30 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:30 PM

Good to see you again Westside.

#31 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:50 PM

Just when I wanted to get back into RCT2 for a little and do a park. I have to see this...Now I don't know whether this gets me even more pumped to play or if it makes me totally lose interest. I wish I could theme like that.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#32 Westside7th

Westside7th

Adrenaline Junkie

• 4275 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:03 PM

Good to see you again Westside.

Thanks BGTKing. It's nice to be back but everything's changed so much; I'm trying to get used to all the new sub forums, etc.

Just when I wanted to get back into RCT2 for a little and do a park. I have to see this...Now I don't know whether this gets me even more pumped to play or if it makes me totally lose interest. I wish I could theme like that.

Aww, no man, you should start one! It's so much fun...I started this park just for fun and didn't care if the archy was ugly but as time went by, I started upgrading things and making little changes here and there and the standards just keep getting higher for each new ride. I actually had filled most of this park and then reaized the newest expansion looked awful and I rebuilt half the park!

Anyway, I worked a 10.5 hour day but I had some time to play today. I took some pics, however, I run Windows on my Mac using Parallels and I just quit and forgot to save the pics onto my Mac desktop. I have to go to bed now but I will try and get the pics up tomorrow afternoon sometime.

2005 - K2 | Jaguar

#33 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:18 PM

Looks pretty good man. I'd love to see some more of this.

Rollerdude-You should totally build a park, so many things you can do, it's so much fun!

Oh and Westside, we seem to be into a lot of the same stuff, Coasters, RCT2, Swimming, Are you me from the futrure? :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#34 Westside7th

Westside7th

Adrenaline Junkie

• 4275 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:04 PM

Oh and Westside, we seem to be into a lot of the same stuff, Coasters, RCT2, Swimming, Are you me from the futrure? :D

Haha, maybe! I really wish I had time to swim this summer, recreational or competitively but my co-op gives me no free time except enough to play, RCT2!

Here are more pics!

The first pic is of the second wooden coaster, Tornado.

Pic 2 is of the 3-combo S&S tower called Extreme Scream and the inverted coaster, Venom.

Pic 3 is of the hyper-coaster, Conquest, and the rapids ride.

Pic 4 is of the indoor coaster, Curse of the Sphinx (I couldn't think of a better name except Tomb Raider or Pharoah's Secret so suggestions are welcome)

Pic 5 is of Paradise Island in the middle of the lake. The bridges are blocky but I am not the best with bridges. There is an observation tower in the middle, of course.

Pic 6 is of the carnival-style midway by the first entrance. Everything is packed together in this area.

Enjoy!

2005 - K2 | Jaguar

#35 Rollerboaster

Rollerboaster

Anti-anti conformist

• 1010 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:18 PM

I really like the woodie, and the fact that you have all the coasters fenced off, do you enjoy RCT3?

Posted Image

inclusive shipping

#36 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:01 PM

You've just inspired me to play RCT2 tonight...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#37 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:01 PM

Year 118...I love it.

I'm not bad at RCT2, I'm just not good at theming. My rides come out a lot better than most and my midways are usually great. I just can't theme like that worth my life. My supports are even worse(except for inverts and hyper coasters).

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#38 Westside7th

Westside7th

Adrenaline Junkie

• 4275 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:59 AM

I really like the woodie, and the fact that you have all the coasters fenced off, do you enjoy RCT3?

Yeah, I really was trying to go for realism with this park. I do not own RCT3 because it just looked too cheezy for me compared to RCT2 :/

You've just inspired me to play RCT2 tonight...

Awesome! I always find that the worst part is starting fresh with a new park but once you get going and have fun, like I did on this one, I get addicted! After this park is finished, it's going to be hard for me to start from scratch again.

Year 118...I love it.

I'm not bad at RCT2, I'm just not good at theming. My rides come out a lot better than most and my midways are usually great. I just can't theme like that worth my life. My supports are even worse(except for inverts and hyper coasters).

Eh, theming isn't everything. My style is usually Cedar Fair-ish and nothing really has a theme. Or random rides will have a theme. I dunno, I really can't explain my theming...I just go ride by ride, although I did add the frontier area...that was easy...just place the prebuilt buildings and throw all those barrells and junk around, haha.

Hopefully more pics soon! Thanks for the comments!

2005 - K2 | Jaguar

#39 VV Khan

VV Khan

HI!

• 1673 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:27 AM

5-year bump FTW :D I love RCT2 parks they can be so creative and cramped in, I love it but I would also love some more pictures.

+-+ VV Khan +-+
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Rollerdude!^

[acexxaced] 8:03 pm: why couldnt suzy tide a bike?
[acexxaced] 8:03 pm: *ride
[VV Khan] 8:03 pm: dunno
[RollerBoaster] 8:03 pm: She broke her leg
[acexxaced] 8:03 pm: because she had no legs
[Jplaz] 8:03 pm: shes a woman

Jplaz = Win.

All the cool kids have cancer.

#40 The KNex Weasel

The KNex Weasel

SSC's Jazz Pianist

• 2477 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:49 PM

My god. I wish I had the patience to theme like that. This is a cool park, dude.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Credit to Spitfire.

Most recent success:
SL1M: You Don't Mess Around With It.