• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nerd4Sc

nerd4Sc

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:05 AM

Its been years since I was last on here, 2015 i think? 

~ Now aged 18 and returning here it feels so good to be back here and looking at some of my old posts and seeing which few of my friends have returned to the site!

I still have all my K'nex pieces somehow even after wanting to sell them countless times, I didn't. But the passed few years I've done some coding with Java and currently

doing 3D Animation, mostly Minecraft animations which somehow I've made a living off it. 😂

~ Since i have knowledge in Cinema4D in modeling 3D things hopefully this summer I can start making some custom parts etc.. so look out for that stuff.

Anyways I'm glad to be back, but hopefully us older and new members can inspire a new generation of K'nex Rollercoaster Builders!

Maybe host some events? around the EU and US and other parts of the world to inform people? I don't know but ill save that for another Topic post.

~DÊVeon

#2 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 03:17 PM

Hey!

I believe Jogumpie has modelled some custom parts already, like 10 connection snowflakes and the like.. but I for one would be interested in your outputs :P 

• nerd4Sc likes this

#3 nerd4Sc

nerd4Sc

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:09 PM

Hey!

I believe Jogumpie has modelled some custom parts already, like 10 connection snowflakes and the like.. but I for one would be interested in your outputs :P

Yeah I know I'm not the first, but i have quite the unique ideas planned!  

#4 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 02:18 AM

I don't believe I personally knew you from way back, but good to see someone return! Will you be building some stuff again? It'll be hard to inspire new builders these days with the prevalence of phones and such, but maybe if people could get their coasters into big museums and expos and such like Gump did, then that might inspire some kids. Currently just a freshman, but I think it'd be cool to eventually display a coaster of mine at my university or in the local area somehow for a period of time.

Edit: Since I go to school in Ohio, maybe I could make a recreation of something simple (but iconic) at CP or KI like Corkscrew...

Edited by FrIeDeGgS, 26 February 2020 - 02:20 AM.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#5 nerd4Sc

nerd4Sc

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 03:19 AM

I don't believe I personally knew you from way back, but good to see someone return! Will you be building some stuff again? It'll be hard to inspire new builders these days with the prevalence of phones and such, but maybe if people could get their coasters into big museums and expos and such like Gump did, then that might inspire some kids. Currently just a freshman, but I think it'd be cool to eventually display a coaster of mine at my university or in the local area somehow for a period of time.

Edit: Since I go to school in Ohio, maybe I could make a recreation of something simple (but iconic) at CP or KI like Corkscrew...

Yeah I wasn't famous on this site back then. đŸ˜‚ I was in middle school the last time I was on here, I'm graduated from High School now (last year in June*) lol. But I'm moving to Colorado for a few months with my brother, but ill be back in Michigan around the summer time and then ill be officially back into the K'nex coaster creation gang. I have so much planned for when I'm back, I also might end up making a Discord Server but I don't know how many people would be interested in joining it though. ‍ ^_^  But I would talk with all of you about what I have planned and how we could brain storm some ideas and such on how to expand the community.

Edited by nerd4Sc, 26 February 2020 - 03:23 AM.

#6 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:06 AM

Hey I kind of remember you. Mainly your avatar. We've chatted a few times in the ChatBox. I hope to continue working on my coaster when I get back home for Spring Break. So there will be someone else building. I think that's all I will be able to do, though. I'm in college and I have a lot of art projects that require me to stay up past 3 AM. I'm basically nocturnal. Meaning I'm tired and sleepy during the day... but yeah I'll see what I can do. 

• nerd4Sc likes this

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#7 nerd4Sc

nerd4Sc

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:15 AM

Hey I kind of remember you. Mainly your avatar. We've chatted a few times in the ChatBox. I hope to continue working on my coaster when I get back home for Spring Break. So there will be someone else building. I think that's all I will be able to do, though. I'm in college and I have a lot of art projects that require me to stay up past 3 AM. I'm basically nocturnal. Meaning I'm tired and sleepy during the day... but yeah I'll see what I can do. 

i honestly dont remember anyone XDD well like 2 or 3 people but yeah I understand. Soon ill be making a Discord Server (if you wana check out that thread post: www.sscoasters.net/forum/topic/15898-discord-server/#entry430272)
but its a more new age way for all of us to communicate and show progress etc. I'm hoping to bring more people here and into the K'nex Roller Coaster Creation life and kinda make this place more active again,

~Also I subbed to your YT Channel  

Edited by nerd4Sc, 27 February 2020 - 02:18 AM.

• SCM likes this