New Japanese Coaster Recreation

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 04:59 PM

I went to a trip to Japan last October, and was inspired to build a new recreation. Watch this video (or just look at the thumbnail) to see which one! You can literally see the idea pop into my mind. I'll have an actual construction update tomorrow.

#2 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 04:03 PM

Time for the 1st actual construction update! Still trying to get the main structure to look right.

#3 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 06:22 PM

These tube supports are really slowing me down! Also, next up date we should definitely finally be outside!

#4 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 11:58 PM

I'm glad you decided to recreate the supports accurately as well!

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#5 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 04:09 PM

^ Thanks, although I am re-discovering why I hate tube supports lol. Small update today - mostly just a change in location.

#6 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 06:36 PM

cool cant wait to see it finished, you isolating now or you still gotta work ? because im full isolating and have a lot of free time lol

#7 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 04:16 PM

Still working - but I do have a lot more free time since every other activity is canceled. Finished the track for the two corkscrews. Still going to try to see if I can build those weird curvy supports later. 

#8 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 04:06 PM

Trackwork is complete! Just have to finish the station and some supports! Hope to have the final video up by Sunday.

#9 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 07:27 PM

The coaster is complete! I learned a lot about tube supports building this, but I think I'm gonna take a break from them for a while. Enjoy the final video!

• FrIeDeGgS likes this

#10 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 09:43 PM

coooool, everytime i see one of your updates or final videos using the ball bearing cars its get me excited more and more to get mine lol. and are they unweighted ? because that would be insane if they are not weighted yet.

#11 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:06 PM

Nice video! This turned out really well and all the supports are pretty much spot on, even those weird curly things on the corkscrews. I really like the shots that transition from the real thing to K'Nex! Maybe this will spark some more TOGO recreations, as no one really has done them much. One of the big hypers like Bandit would be really cool to see. 

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#12 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 06:43 AM

^Yeah, someone actually asked me if I was building Bandit when I first mentioned a possible Togo recreation! I seriously considered it for a few seconds . . . but I'd need a MUCH bigger yard!

The cars are unweighted. And some of the wheels had even gone bad. Important note when using those new wheel assemblies: it is best if you use the on an indoor model. And if you go outdoors, don't build them on the dirt where little particles get in the wheels really easily. I obviously did not follow either of those suggestions for this model.

#13 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 03:46 AM

I am thoroughly impressed at the quality and speed of your construction, Chaos. Every time!

#14 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 07:50 PM

^Ditto.

Quality model in what seemed like a few days.  

Posted Image

#15 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 01:01 AM

That for sure was wonderful to watch! The match-up with the real videos from your trip was a spectacular touch. Can't believe you built this so fast!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.