Summer project 2020

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 RidesByDaan

RidesByDaan

Entry Engineer

• 704 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 10:29 AM

Its been a little while. Most you the old members might know me as Coasterkiller05. Recently I changed me name to something a little more grown-up. 

Anyway, last few days i've been cleaning up my attic. Sorted out all my bits and started on a new ride. So far i've build a little, basically just the station area and the track to lift-hill and the lift-hill itself. For thus project I will be building with tube, but using a box style platform to build on. I hope I won't need to increase the platform but it already happend for the station area so it will probably happen again.  

For the pictures. The lift-hill seems way higher then it actually is. Its about 4 or 4.5 grey rods high. Speaking from the ground, not the platform it self. The station area is 1 grey rod high and the platform it self is 1 granite (half grey) rod high. Due to those wonderful set of wheels the train actually makes it through the barrel-roll and on the lift-hill. I haven't made a chain yet for the lift-hill itself, that will be constructed in the coming week. It might be a little close for the train to actually hook on the chain but i'll sort that out. Enough speaking. Time for some pictures! 

Oh and for the ones asking about the lay-out? I don't have one myself, i'm just following my flow i'd say :D. Tips, idea's and others are of course more then welcome! 

Cheers!

Attached Files

#2 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 10:50 AM

(gasp) YES! PURPLE TUBING AND BLACK X-TIES! Love the colors. The transition of the barrel roll into the lift seems kind of sharp, though. 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#3 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 12:37 PM

My thoughts exactly ^. The look is incredible and the pre-lift elements are very clean looking. Sometimes the supports look weird in other rides for the pre-lift, but you make it look great. The transition to the lift does seem a bit awkward though and could probably use some fixing. Like you said, it might have problems catching. 

As for elements, it looks like a some kind of looper, I think a diving drop that turns into a serpent's roll would be incredible. I'm building a looper myself and it would be great to see some elements other than some basic looking elements. Hope you have tons of fun with this!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#4 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 12:59 PM

hell yh looks sick. i dont get where people get so many black cross ties from, did you buy like 15 storm mountain sets or somthing lol. i would lover to have lots of them better than the green to me 

#5 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 02:34 PM

If you've got the space, the transition could be made less awkward if you moved the station out a bit and made the turn have less of an angle so the roll isn't as perpendicular with the lift. I think it'd be cool if you went for a bit of a Bermuda Blitz layout, but that could just be me really wanting to see more modern Vekomas. Though the steep turning drop that Lech Coaster has could fit in with the space you have. 

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#6 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 05:20 PM

I only just noticed in the first pic you have ball bearing cars? oh im really excited to see this now, mine got lost in the post :( and im still waiting for the replacement set to arive. 

#7 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 06:40 PM

Im always excited to see an exciting pre-lift. Something more than a simple turn or a few bunny hops adds so much to that section of a ride. I like the shaping you've got so far, but i LOVE the color scheme you got going.

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#8 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 03:45 AM

That looks sick! I love the compact corner & jojo

#9 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 07:51 PM

Oh man, looks great.  Excited for more.

Posted Image

#10 RidesByDaan

RidesByDaan

Entry Engineer

• 704 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:42 AM

(gasp) YES! PURPLE TUBING AND BLACK X-TIES! Love the colors. The transition of the barrel roll into the lift seems kind of sharp, though. 

Thanks! The tubes will remain blue tho, with the purples ones in the inside ;)

I've also made some new pictures of the turns. The angle of the camera didn't work well last times. I think they might seem a little sharp, but its not too bad acutally. 

My thoughts exactly ^. The look is incredible and the pre-lift elements are very clean looking. Sometimes the supports look weird in other rides for the pre-lift, but you make it look great. The transition to the lift does seem a bit awkward though and could probably use some fixing. Like you said, it might have problems catching. 

As for elements, it looks like a some kind of looper, I think a diving drop that turns into a serpent's roll would be incredible. I'm building a looper myself and it would be great to see some elements other than some basic looking elements. Hope you have tons of fun with this!

Cheers! I've always liked to build small things with lots of theming. Its what I'm best at anyway haha. The lift-hill has been changed a little. Chain has been fitted and the train does catch the chain!

hell yh looks sick. i dont get where people get so many black cross ties from, did you buy like 15 storm mountain sets or somthing lol. i would lover to have lots of them better than the green to me 

To be honest, I've got 4 Shark Runs, maybe 5 tho. The problem will be running out of blue tubing instead of black X-ties. Since I have many X-ties and a black spray can I can just make those ones on the go :D

If you've got the space, the transition could be made less awkward if you moved the station out a bit and made the turn have less of an angle so the roll isn't as perpendicular with the lift. I think it'd be cool if you went for a bit of a Bermuda Blitz layout, but that could just be me really wanting to see more modern Vekomas. Though the steep turning drop that Lech Coaster has could fit in with the space you have. 

Thanks for the reply. I made some minjor adjustments and took some better pictures. The turns looks a lot better then. Pictures are below ;)

I only just noticed in the first pic you have ball bearing cars? oh im really excited to see this now, mine got lost in the post :( and im still waiting for the replacement set to arive. 

The train would not have made it through without those ball bearing cars! I do have a 2nd set of wheels. But the shipping was a little rough. They got misformed :  I hope I'm able to shape them back into space with some heat. They do not fit as we speak. 

I hope yours arrive soon and the lost ones will come home after all! 

Im always excited to see an exciting pre-lift. Something more than a simple turn or a few bunny hops adds so much to that section of a ride. I like the shaping you've got so far, but i LOVE the color scheme you got going.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

That looks sick! I love the compact corner & jojo

Cheers!

Oh man, looks great.  Excited for more.

There is more, a sneak peak below :P

Update time!

Well, there is not too much to update about. I made some minjor adjustments to the turns and start of the lift-hill. Including with some better camera angles it looks way better this time. 
Attached File  WhatsApp Image 2020-04-22 at 23.20.26 (1).jpeg   219.32KB   0 downloads

Attached File  WhatsApp Image 2020-04-22 at 23.20.26.jpeg   204.1KB   0 downloads

Attached File  WhatsApp Image 2020-04-22 at 23.20.25.jpeg   233.57KB   0 downloads

Oh, and I like the way cats walk! Uh, I mean trains ride...

Attached File  WhatsApp Image 2020-04-22 at 23.20.26 (2).jpeg   101.51KB   0 downloads 

For the ones with a good eye. U can spot the drop already on the last pictures. Want to see the entire one? Check out the pictures at the new SSC Discord group! https://discord.gg/NRAMAc

• nerd4Sc likes this

#11 CrayCray for coasters

CrayCray for coasters

Construction Foreman

• 292 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:13 AM

cool

hello there.   I'm CrayCray for Coasters and i truly am

YT: https://www.youtube....TtN7habMCySGc0A

#12 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:26 AM

Those catwalks look nice! I don't think I've seen any built that way before. +1pt for being creative XD

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#13 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:43 AM

Yeah that barrel roll looks way better with that picture. Catwalks are nice. The downwards curving drop looks nice, too. 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#14 nerd4Sc

nerd4Sc

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 11:03 PM

For the ones with a good eye. U can spot the drop already on the last pictures. Want to see the entire one? Check out the pictures at the new SSC Discord group! https://discord.gg/NRAMAc

^^^^ Thanks for the small server plug   ^_^ 

But it looks really amazing so far!!!  :)

Edited by nerd4Sc, 23 April 2020 - 11:04 PM.

#15 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 03:06 AM

I like the "go with the flow" vibe 

#16 RidesByDaan

RidesByDaan

Entry Engineer

• 704 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 02:29 PM

I like the "go with the flow" vibe 

Layouts never seen to work with me! I do have to say the flow is going flowing strong at the moment! :) 

^^^^ Thanks for the small server plug   ^_^ 

But it looks really amazing so far!!!  :)

Thanks!

Yeah that barrel roll looks way better with that picture. Catwalks are nice. The downwards curving drop looks nice, too. 

Thanks! I've got some more pictures below about the drop. 

Those catwalks look nice! I don't think I've seen any built that way before. +1pt for being creative XD

I have to be honest. Those catwalks have been done so many times in the past. With the exact say building tecnique haha. 

cool

Ice cool!

Update #3

Small one this time. Within the next few days I will drop some bigger updates. I'm a little behind with doing the updates here. The pictures were taking carefully so I don't spoil any info about the other elements :P

Just a few pictures about the drop! I'm super happy with the shape! Next update will show the result after the drop.. That was a hard one to shape and style! Any guessues what it could be? B)

Attached File  WhatsApp Image 2020-04-27 at 21.22.03.jpeg   208.64KB   0 downloadsAttached File  WhatsApp Image 2020-04-27 at 21.22.03 (2).jpeg   280.51KB   0 downloadsAttached File  WhatsApp Image 2020-04-27 at 21.22.03 (1).jpeg   137.9KB   0 downloads

#17 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 03:38 PM

Drop looks great. Nice colour scheme too.

#18 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 05:03 PM

loving the colours, might try find a bulk order of the black cross ties, i way proffer the back ones to the green ones, unless there is a way to paint or dye the green ones ill probably just buy a bunch of black ones

#19 RidesByDaan

RidesByDaan

Entry Engineer

• 704 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 09:32 AM

loving the colours, might try find a bulk order of the black cross ties, i way proffer the back ones to the green ones, unless there is a way to paint or dye the green ones ill probably just buy a bunch of black ones

Just buy a spray can and start spraying. Thats what i do. Paint will break off it, if you dont sand it all and such. But that takes too much time for me. Don't have the patiance for that to be honest.

Update 4

Allright, a other update. I'll let the pictures talk. I think they say enough! Happy with the progress, not sure what to build next. 

Attached File  WhatsApp Image 2020-04-28 at 14.25.07.jpeg   206.55KB   0 downloadsAttached File  WhatsApp Image 2020-04-28 at 14.25.06.jpeg   158.25KB   0 downloadsAttached File  WhatsApp Image 2020-04-28 at 14.25.06 (2).jpeg   175.41KB   0 downloadsAttached File  WhatsApp Image 2020-04-28 at 14.25.06 (1).jpeg   155.78KB   0 downloadsAttached File  WhatsApp Image 2020-04-28 at 14.25.05.jpeg   178.91KB   0 downloadsAttached File  WhatsApp Image 2020-04-28 at 14.25.05 (1).jpeg   154.93KB   0 downloadsAttached File  WhatsApp Image 2020-04-28 at 14.25.08.jpeg   183.53KB   0 downloadsAttached File  WhatsApp Image 2020-04-28 at 14.25.08 (3).jpeg   120.31KB   0 downloads

Video: https://www.youtube....h?v=PLcl5TOd44w

Attached Files

#20 Ghostrid3r

Ghostrid3r

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 09:53 AM

Looks bitchin! Can't wait to see this one complete! How do you get those grey rods to bend like that?