un-named compact invert

interted coaster

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:31 PM

messed around with some inverted track, made a small loop and zero g roll, keeps the speed really well, thinking this can be a nice simple one to complete while i wait for the priority shipping for the final try of shipping the bearing assembly, my gf having some issues tonight though, so might want to go stay with her for a few days or a week at a time to keep her sain during the lockdown. 

this coaster seems to be about 1/3 to 1/2 way finished already in one night lol, left my charger at my gf's though so cant take any pics yet. im gunna try find my old charger, if it works ill upload some pics tomorrow morning.

#2 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:07 AM

managed to charge my phone to get some pictures. its makes the loop with a small amount of speed left and flys through the roll

Attached Files

#3 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 02:52 AM

`It looks really good!

Can we get a side profile on the loop? Maybe a shot of the heartline on the roll? :) 

#4 OverbakedTurn

OverbakedTurn

• 32 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 03:00 AM

Hell yeah, another one to get cancelled! Looks great so far!

Yes an OverbakedTurn, not an OverbankedTurn!

#5 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 04:38 AM

Hell yeah, another one to get cancelled! Looks great so far!

It does look good though

#6 CrayCray for coasters

CrayCray for coasters

Construction Foreman

• 292 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:22 AM

nice heartlining on the zero g roll

hello there.   I'm CrayCray for Coasters and i truly am

YT: https://www.youtube....TtN7habMCySGc0A

#7 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 03:28 PM

na this ones allmost finished, just got the corckscrew, bank / turn around and brakes and stations to do then its finished

#8 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 05:28 AM

looking tasty so far! hyped to see more. nice supports and shaping. any additional elements already planed? hope our can handle the lack of speed on inverts. 

#9 CrayCray for coasters

CrayCray for coasters

Construction Foreman

• 292 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 06:50 AM

i might build an invert after dæmonen

#10 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:14 PM

good news!!!! One of the sets that johonny sent out has arrived, gunna continue to buy the current set that hes finished printing out now, so might be able to make 2 5 car trains or one long ass one lol, probably do another custom after the invert is finished to play around with the cars a bit and then its time to retry colossus or smiler, depending on what i feel like im motivated to try again.

Attached Files

#11 JohnnyR24

JohnnyR24

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:25 PM

good news!!!! One of the sets that johnny sent out has arrived,

Yea! I think that probably took a month and a half to get to you, crazy! Look forward to seeing what you can do with them! 

#12 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:42 PM

Yea! I think that probably took a month and a half to get to you, crazy! Look forward to seeing what you can do with them! 

yh im super excited man thanks! ill pay you or the other ones you printed of, might as well since there already printed. and then i could make like a 6 car or 7 car train or something cool, for bigger coasters. and just be nice to have a bunch of extra spare parts for repairs 

#13 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:59 PM

lol totaly forgot to upload some photos of how far ive got since the bearing cars came. just need to buildt the brakes, station and then finish the lift and its done!!!

what would people like to see the most from me next though, smiler, colossus or a custom intermin mega lite style coaster. I wana make all 3 but im not sure what order. although, if i reattemt colossus i think i might have to do flemingo lands new style intermin 10 looping coaster drop instead of the one like colossus as i might not have the space for it, I just about had the space for the last attempt but i would have had to put the final turn right up against the cobra. oh well ill just see what i decide.

also ive been playing around with the bearing cars for a bit and i can say they are quite nice!! a unweighted bearing car / train just about beats out my lubed and heavily weighted car / train, also after adding weight i gained even more speed / distance out of them, wana do a lot of tests to see when the limit of adding weight is, so when its no longer needed. either way ive maybe added 100g max to my train atm and it gives it that extra push to get around the turn and complete the course. where as it would stall on the turn 90% of the time before the small weight increase. and my normal train would either get stuck at the top of the corkscrew or roll back on it. so it is a large improvement. and im thinking this increase will only get better on a well supported coaster like an intermin mega lite, hyper coaster or multi inversion coaster as i use a lot more normal block supports on them rather than tube supports.  

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   91.42KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   137.28KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   136.92KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   122.01KB   0 downloads

#14 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:22 PM

This is looking real nice! Good to see you finally got those trains.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#15 Steelwheels33

Steelwheels33

Construction Foreman

• 112 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:58 PM

Jealous! That looks great gamingninja! I can't wait till some day i try the bearing cars.

#16 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:45 AM

That looks very nice! Really interesting layout too. Kinda reminds me of Blue Harvest coming to Grona Lund sometime in the next few years.

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#17 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:26 AM

any name suggestions for this coaster, its finished and filmed just editing the video now 

#18 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:44 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=3XDVti4TfXc ITS FINISHED!!! go check it out.

#19 CrayCray for coasters

CrayCray for coasters

Construction Foreman

• 292 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:01 PM

technically the 2nd inversion is a half flying snake dive lol, Good coaster Ryan?

#20 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:38 PM

Very cool little coaster! Really good for the tiny space you fit it in.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter