Carousel Coaster

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 04:04 PM

Working on a smaller new model, but it will have a few new challenges for me. Check out the video because I'm having a hard time describing it in writing.

#2 CrayCray for coasters

CrayCray for coasters

Construction Foreman

• 292 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 05:31 PM

Cool, At first i thought you were building Pulsar

hello there.   I'm CrayCray for Coasters and i truly am

YT: https://www.youtube....TtN7habMCySGc0A

#3 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 10:14 PM

Stop doing such cool things!

Posted Image

#4 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:51 PM

Very interesting concept, excited for this!

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#5 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:59 PM

Built the lifthill! Currently debating how far down the first drop should go.

#6 CrayCray for coasters

CrayCray for coasters

Construction Foreman

• 292 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:31 PM

cool, is this gonna be like a super compact eurofighter or a mini polar coaster?

#7 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 03:22 PM

My suggestion would probably be to add 4 more supporting spokes on the floor - more support = more betters. ;)

#8 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 04:02 PM

So, this is shaping up to be more like a Euro Fighter with a Spaghetti Bowl layout. And, I may very well have to add more supporting spokes. The platform is getting quite heavy now.

First drop track work is done!

#9 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 04:28 PM

This is such a cool concept! You consistently bring out the most unique and creative ideas. Not only that, but it appears very well built. I'm certainly following this project!

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#10 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 04:13 PM

Thanks! Though in this video, you'll see how much it shakes - though hopefully I can correct that when I strengthen the base.

#11 CrayCray for coasters

CrayCray for coasters

Construction Foreman

• 292 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 05:39 PM

cool

#12 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 10:59 PM

cool

So back in the day we used to have a minimum word count to avoid posts like this.  Since the forums are pretty dead these days it obviously isn't required anymore, but I'd still like to make a friendly suggestion.  Just saying "cool" doesn't add much to the conversation, and doesn't give Chaos any real feedback on his coaster.  If you're going to post you should take the time to say something that's at least a little insightful.  

Anyway, Chaos, cool coaster :-P

• Chaos, FrIeDeGgS and Steelwheels33 like this

Posted Image

#13 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 11:00 PM

So back in the day we used to have a minimum word count to avoid posts like this.  Since the forums are pretty dead these days it obviously isn't required anymore, but I'd still like to make a friendly suggestion.  Just saying "cool" doesn't add much to the conversation, and doesn't give Chaos any real feedback on his coaster.  If you're going to post you should take the time to say something that's at least a little insightful.  

Anyway, Chaos, cool coaster :-P

cool

• RCT2123 and Steelwheels33 like this

#14 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:17 AM

I was going to comment on how much it shakes, but I realise that's due to the rotating mech. - Does it run any different when it is rotating? That first hill looks a little close speed wise

#15 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 06:58 PM

So, the more I've been strengthening the track (even after the end of this video) the more speed the coaster has. Also, the camera slows down the train a lot - which is why I do all my tests with it. This coaster has actually been pretty hassle free when it comes to speed.

I still have a ways to go to address the shaking and make the rotating mechanism work better.

Edited by Chaos, 01 June 2020 - 06:59 PM.

#16 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:18 PM

im loving this super small coaster, i get cought up in the large ones like diamondback and stuff but these small ones still are cool to see

#17 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 06:55 PM

Thanks! The small coasters really have their own unique challenges, and force me to get a little more creative. 

The coaster is fully functional! Now I just need to tweak a few things, add a tiny bit of theming, and post the final video!

#18 CrayCray for coasters

CrayCray for coasters

Construction Foreman

• 292 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 07:56 PM

cool, didn't realise the scale till now

#19 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 07:08 AM

This is such a strange and wonderful idea - it’s just so wacky but works so well!

I love the winding layout of the coaster itself, it’s just a bonus that the whole this is also a carousel! :P

just one thing that might be worth changing (if you’ve not already filmed/decided you’re finished with the coaster) - for the Wheel axels that the full thing rotates/runs on, I would swap the grey rods that are currently there for carbon or even tan (same length as red/metallic green) rods. They’re just a little more robust so should help it run even smoother and reduce some of the sag each axel has.

#20 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 01:40 PM

definitely one of the most unique models ever.. Wicked build!!