Un-Named New RMC Style Custom

rmc coaster

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 08:28 PM

ive managed to already take down IronMan (yes that name was taking the piss out of america having like 10 batman b and m invert clones, so why not call it ironman lol)

And started my newest coaster, seem to ahve a lot more success with custom layouts as the space i have isnt very large. recreating colossus is a dream of mine but ill just have to wait until i can find a bigger space to build it. 

im probably going to build this ride backwards to get the right speed for each element. or at least half of it anyway. the bearing train is running fantastically. the bearing train flys through the heart-line roll into the brakes like a real rmc and the hill isnt that much taller. where as my normal train get stuck because its to tight or just rolls back with not having enough speed. my plan is to make a long twisting sorta ride, similar to rmc's such as Twisted cyclone and wicked Cyclone. In fact the nect element im going to build the comes before that over banked airtime hill will be the the same zero g style up and down thing found on twisted cyclone, i thought this element looks really cool and would fit perfectly just before the sideways airtime right above the station.

let me know what you think and feel free to link / submit some other cool rmc elements for me to look at and i might try add some more into this build.

I though since the first attempt at an rmc I did never got finished as i was really unhappy with the layout, this is why im doing this now instead of trying Smiler or colossus again. well.... colossus will have to wait but i defiantly have enough room for Smiler.

the bearing cars had a lot more speed on the inverted coaster then the normal ones, and that was very unstable track. so im thinking the difference will be much bigger on this build!!!!

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   49.66KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   62.93KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   125.41KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   82.55KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  5.jpg   115.29KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  6.jpg   117.57KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  7.jpg   119.23KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  8.jpg   141.77KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  example.png   1.76MB   0 downloads

• rgarner42 likes this

#2 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 08:49 PM

Looking good so far! A double-up or double-down somewhere would be cool but that might just be me. You can pretty much make layouts however you want for an RMC, just don't go crazy on inversions and make that the only thing it has to offer I think. The inverse cobra roll (I think that's what it's called but I could be wrong) will look real nice going over the station!

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#3 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:03 PM

Looking good so far! A double-up or double-down somewhere would be cool but that might just be me. You can pretty much make layouts however you want for an RMC, just don't go crazy on inversions and make that the only thing it has to offer I think. The inverse cobra roll (I think that's what it's called but I could be wrong) will look real nice going over the station!

yh i was thinking maybe one more invertion during the layout somewhere after the wired cobra thing. maybe on the drop or maybe a large overbank to zero g dive or somthing cool, making it up as i go so what ever lol

#4 CrayCray for coasters

CrayCray for coasters

Construction Foreman

• 292 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 06:45 AM

cool, Don't let the zero g stall become a s overused as the vertical loop

hello there.   I'm CrayCray for Coasters and i truly am

YT: https://www.youtube....TtN7habMCySGc0A

#5 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 12:39 PM

cool, Don't let the zero g stall become a s overused as the vertical loop

na i diddnt even think i would have the room for that element here, since im doing more of a wild fire style drop rather than a iron gwazi or untamed ones 

#6 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 09:38 AM

completed the wired inverse cobra thing, reshaped it about 3 times lol, but i think ive got a good mixture of accuracy vs knex car speed. although that all comes down to the new bearings  :D  have no clue what to do now though, meaing what element comes before the inverse cobra?

so i guess ill work on the lift for a bit, the thin 45 degree 2D structure what looks like its attached to the brake run walkway is the place the lift will most likely go, unless i change my nice and think of something better.  

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   120.52KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   95.33KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   179.79KB   0 downloads

#7 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 12:27 PM

I just measured the little mens torso that comes with knex ss sets and my own, its a 1/29.3 scale with my torso. so i think the knex cars and stuff are meant to be a 1/28 scale compared to a regular / avg height male since im just above avg at 6 foot 1 inch.

useing this 1/28 scale i went on google maps and got a floor plan measurement for colossus and the smiler, converted them to feet and then devided by 28. colossus would need roughly 6m / 20 feet and The Smiler would need about 4.2m / 14feet. 

so unless i csale down and risk losing speed and accuracy, or find a place with up to 20 feet to build in, i dont think they will be able to recreated by me :( 

#8 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 12:40 PM

just messured the swarm its 175m so scaled down thats 5.8m / 19 feet, stealth would be 4.66m / 15.2 feet base leanth by 2.1m / 6.8 feet tall ...... but saw the ride is only needing about 2.66m / 8.5 feet in a square with a hight of 1m / 3.2 feet??? .... hmmmmm.... saw recreation after the custom rmc anyone? might actually have enough space for this

ill give my available space of my room and you guy can use this same 1/28 / 1/30 ish scale method to calculate the space you or I would need for a accurate recreation. (5.1feet x 9.5feet) (theoretical real life size of about 151feet x 285feet or 46m x 86m)

#9 CrayCray for coasters

CrayCray for coasters

Construction Foreman

• 292 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 03:41 PM

My stealth was at a 1/42 scale

#10 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 04:06 PM

That came out really nice! For something that comes before this, working backwards from the reverse cobra roll, an idea I had was a wave turn that then banks the opposite direction into a turnaround that would come out on the other side of that banked hill. As for inversions, I found the dive loop on Goliath that provides some nice hang time or the step-up under flip found on SV or Zadra to be pretty fun, and those could work well in here since you don't have much space to work with and they both end with the track going in the opposite direction they enter.

I personally like seeing custom coasters more, but if you really want to do a recreation, then go for it. That's ultimately up to you.

Edited by FrIeDeGgS, 26 May 2020 - 04:13 PM.

39751.png

#11 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 02:54 PM

That came out really nice! For something that comes before this, working backwards from the reverse cobra roll, an idea I had was a wave turn that then banks the opposite direction into a turnaround that would come out on the other side of that banked hill. As for inversions, I found the dive loop on Goliath that provides some nice hang time or the step-up under flip found on SV or Zadra to be pretty fun, and those could work well in here since you don't have much space to work with and they both end with the track going in the opposite direction they enter.

I personally like seeing custom coasters more, but if you really want to do a recreation, then go for it. That's ultimately up to you.

yh this is a custom but i like looking at other real coasters for inspiration. and i asume you meant something like this with the opposite wave turn thing. 

Attached Files

• Attached File  h.jpg   219.96KB   0 downloads

#12 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 02:57 PM

just a small update today, i cleaned the train and took all the stickers off, look much cleaner now. ive also changed where the station is going, in between the inverse cobra still but just through the middle instead of round the side, this will give me more space round that side to work with for the drop, and makes the run the the lift shorter so more chance of the train getting there.

Attached Files

#13 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 09:58 PM

was up late last night doing this lift hill, get really inspired by JayketheKid and his recent post with his new project, as you can tell in using the same lift and walkway as him. just think it looks really cool.

enough room for a small mini snake run with a hill and outer bank from the station to the hill. this will be my tallest coaster yet, and in the smallest amount of space so cant wait to see how much speed is left lol

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   85.99KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  3 (1).jpg   68.91KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  3 (2).jpg   74.95KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   104.55KB   0 downloads

#14 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 07:59 PM

been 5 days since an update lol, ive connected the station to the lift and ive compleated the turn at the top and the drop, not sure if ill have enough room for a speed hill but i wana try put one in next, and then into a large outer bank style element. then maybe just a double down finishing by going under the brakerun and connecting on to the inverse cobra. thats the plan anyway. 

Attached Files

• Attached File  2 (1).jpg   113.33KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  2 (2).jpg   115.4KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   108.21KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   76.9KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  5.jpg   84.7KB   0 downloads

#15 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 08:00 PM

not 5 sorry, meant to say 2/3 days, we;; i guess the last track update was on the 26th so i guess its almost been 5 days. 

#16 CrayCray for coasters

CrayCray for coasters

Construction Foreman

• 292 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 09:39 PM

been 5 days since an update lol, ive connected the station to the lift and ive compleated the turn at the top and the drop, not sure if ill have enough room for a speed hill but i wana try put one in next, and then into a large outer bank style element. then maybe just a double down finishing by going under the brakerun and connecting on to the inverse cobra. thats the plan anyway. 

love the look of the pre-drop

#17 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:57 PM

Not built to much, but ive finished the double up and im working on the outer bank now, how ever, ive ran out of 86mm rods, only got the ugly yellow ones left XD

ive put a large order in on knex user group though, ive order 350 granite rods, cost only about £20 on that site, some good prices. some of there pieces are 5p or 6 p each. so i might go and order a fuck tone of granite rods before they run out XD

Maybe like 1k+ or somthing lol 

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   89.99KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   87.93KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   92.13KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   81.75KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  5.jpg   54.09KB   0 downloads

#18 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:31 PM

this will decide roughly what order im going to do these recreation in, https://strawpoll.com/4da7622s

#19 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:57 PM

The double-up is looking super smooth! The first drop looks like it would be insane irl too.

39751.png

#20 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 03:39 AM

wow! this is a lot of granite rods, and only cost about £18 for them, orderd a bunch of other stuff also, ive got plenty of black clips and orange corner inserts that you add the 3d connectors. for most parts it seems there super cheap, around 5-10p per piece, although things other 10p you can normally find elsewhere cheaper tbh.   

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   105.88KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   89.57KB   0 downloads