De Vliegende Hollander

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 imakecoasters

imakecoasters

2X "Most Entertaining"

• 3797 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:12 PM

Yeah, they better get that nasty water changed...

GEESH! That car goes wayyy too slow, I just watched the vid.

They do need to work on it a bit more... other that that, it looks ok...

EDIT- ^ Posted at same time... ^Yeah, that "boat" looks like it would have trouble getting up onto the lift...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#62 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:13 PM

What about the speed?! Are they going to fix that? I'd much rather have a rough lifthill than to go through the course at that speed. I'm glad they'll have more time to get the theming better, though.

#63 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:16 PM

You're watching a rather old video. ;)
And the water BECAME very clean... it's sucked away again though.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#64 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:27 PM

Do you have a new video?Posted Image If what you're hinting at is true, then this might be the best coaster since Black Mamba.

#65 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:56 PM

Here's a video from me from June 2nd.
*click*

The water is very clear, but the ground has this sand color.
This makes the water look like it should look like... like an old river or lake in the Golden Century, instead of a clear blue swimming pool (it's theming, dudes!).

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#66 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:05 PM

That looks like one of the worst rides ever.

Posted Image

#67 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:11 PM

The ride really needs two car trains, and they really need to change the color of the water somehow. I know it's not, but it *looks* dirty.

#68 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:37 PM

Well, that link doesn't work for me. Its all scribble scrabble mumbo jumbo.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#69 TwistedDreams

TwistedDreams

*Redunk*

• 3123 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:01 PM

That looks like one of the worst rides ever.

you really need to appriciate every thing about it. Not just how intense it is. I think it will be an awsome ride, even as slow as it goes. Coasters don't need to be 200+ feet high to be fun.

Anyway, the top of that hill looks like it gives mild float air. And the banked turn looks great, hanging down sidways like that. I'd like to see this when it opens with all the scenery.
-TD

#70 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 01:56 AM

The coaster is a little slow and short, but I don't mind. Now you've got more time to look at the awesome theming.
I also REALLY need to tell you that this is not just a watercoaster! The queue is completely themed, making it a "walkthrough". Inside the building there is an awesome darkride with HUGE water falls.
Speaking of theming... I have some more pics of the themed building, the tunnel and the dunes.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a video of the INSIDE!:
http://www.rides.nl/...wmultimedia/305

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#71 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:13 AM

^^Why must you always make assumptions? Did I at any point say a coaster has to be 200+ feet to be good? No. The theming is great I must say, but it won't improve the quality of the ride that much judging from the video. It's slow and short like jogumpie said, and coaster lovers such as myself are always seeking high g-forces and speed; which clearly this coaster doesn't pull at all.

I think the most thrilling coasters are Hypers and up, and intamin loopers and Bemmer inverts.

Posted Image

#72 TwistedDreams

TwistedDreams

*Redunk*

• 3123 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:14 AM

^^Why must you always make assumptions? Did I at any point say a coaster has to be 200+ feet to be good? No. The theming is great I must say, but it won't improve the quality of the ride that much judging from the video. It's slow and short like jogumpie said, and coaster lovers such as myself are always seeking high g-forces and speed; which clearly this coaster doesn't pull at all.

I assumed that you tought that coasters had to be huge in order to be fun because you said: "That looks like one of the worst rides ever."
And now you say: "It's slow and short like jogumpie said, and coaster lovers such as myself are always seeking high g-forces and speed; which clearly this coaster doesn't pull at all."

And also, When I said "I think the most thrilling coasters are Hypers and up, and intamin loopers and Bemmer inverts."
I said "thrilling". right? Did I say this coaster was thrilling? no. It's not always about how fast they go, or how many G's they pull.
-TD

#73 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:14 PM

I think this ride would be pretty thrilling. It has a launch at the top of the lifthill. The last coaster I rode with a launch like that was The Mummy at US:O. That had some insane ejector air...

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#74 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 06:49 AM

I can't remember whether I told you that the coaster was delayed till 2007 or not, but that's what happened...

The point where the cars connect to the chain lift is too rough. It pulls too many G's. Today was officially stated that Intamin is trying to fix this problem.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#75 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:11 AM

Wow! That's a while ago! The ride has been opened the day before yesterday and its popularity is huge. :) Half of the ride is indoor and it is REALLY dark inside, but I found a quite good onride:
http://www.youtube.c...WAfEjhMz8k&NR=1
Combine this onride with another one:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m7e5DFc3H3o
And De Efteling has put up a webcam:
mms://212.83.216.167:8080/dvh (copy this to your browser)

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#76 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:57 PM

Awesome I just noticed that you got those onride from me yesterday evening. I said to you taht those were pretty cool. i cant wait to get to De efteling and ride the DVH whoohoo i actually also found a pretty good vid of the shade of flying dutchman on water fogg screen thats also in teh ride its better quality than those and you can se the doors open on it too! Sad I cant find it anymore...

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image