goodbye leaving

• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#1 coasterguy

coasterguy

Wolfpack Cyclone

• 1061 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 11:00 PM

i know many people have said they are leaving and such in the past and i'm sure there will be some more in the near future so i thought i'd start a thread where "retiring" members can give their final farwell. if you don't want to, well, whatever...

i've been around here for about a year and half and i had a lot of fun. i've been building knex coasters for a while but i think i'm done. and i don't mean done as in i'll be back in a month with a new model. i have my senior year starting in 10 days and in the mean time i have a lot of summer school work to finish. once school starts i won't have much of a life outside of school work, and once school ends next year i'll have just enough time to enjoy the summer for a couple months and then it's off to college. and, on top of having no time, knex dont really bring me the same joy anymore. anyway, i had a great time everyone, see ya guys later. i'll probably still stop by every now and then just for fun.

-Andrew

Custom Models: Anaconda Clarion Cliff Hanger Double Looper Fury Maelstrom Metamorphose Mustang Shuttle Looper Rush Vortex
Recreations: Corkscrew@KBF Hypersonic XLC@PKD King Cobra@PKI Magnum XL200@CP Mr. Freeze@SFOT

The way some people find fault, you'd think there was some kind of reward.

#2 sixflagsfreak56

sixflagsfreak56

GADV Park Serv Supervisor

• 2962 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 11:12 PM

Wow, this is suddden.

Man, I remember back in the day on your site with your forums in all. Your models were amazing and they still are amazing. Your models have inspired me, and probebly many people on this site, and others who visited your site back in the day.

You will deffenetly be missed on the site. I'm going to miss my inspirations. But all good things must come to an end. I hope you have a good senior year, and I hope you still visit the site as often as possible.

#3 TwistedDreams

TwistedDreams

*Redunk*

• 3123 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 11:14 PM

Well Good byee Andrew!

i'll really miss your coasters.
you were always my favorite builder!
too bad your quitting...

TD

#4 coastergeekrtc

coastergeekrtc

A God Among Users

• 2653 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 11:55 PM

Finally!!! Geez, took you long enough....No really that sucks but I think I'm in the same boat. My interest coasters is not lost, but Knex is. I will be finishing Goliath, and possibly another small coaster like your Rush, but after that its too hard to continue. With Ap Calculus and Chemistry, I will have up to 4-5 hours of homework combined at some points.

Hey I wonder when Dak is going to retire from his "awesome" coaster building he is notorious for.

*Insert signature here*

#5 Tyrant

Tyrant

Lead Engineer

• 2803 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:08 AM

Hup! Its a goodbye thread, time to pull this out:

-Tyrant

Posted Image
Premier Rides Inc.
Service Engineer
www.mst.edu/~mscwxc

#6 sixflagsfreak56

sixflagsfreak56

GADV Park Serv Supervisor

• 2962 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:25 AM

^Haha thats a good one.

#7 Sim-ple

Sim-ple

• 1025 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:29 AM

OMG please don't go..we'll miss you. I'll privately email and you can tell me whats wrong. Hey you have my number right? I can't believe how cruel this forum has become. I don't blame you after all the %$^#&b that's been going down. Wow I guess this is goodbye.

I need to tell you, that had the worse punctuation EVER. :P

SFGAmBanner.gif

Best Come-Back Member 2005

#8 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:54 AM

Well starting next thursday i'm starting high school at the premier high school in the area (separated by gender, but at the "ladies" (as its been called) school has some hot chicks...(there's dances for both schools....yessss)). I'm supposed to have like 3 hours of homework a night, and from what i've gathered about this school, i wont have much free time. I'll have around 3 hours on weeknights(mon-thurs) and more time on the weekends. Plus i'll need to eat and have a life so i wont be working on knex much unless i get a "bug up my butt". I'll still be building here and there, and my school project before christmas will be my woodie. Then i have to build the christmas coaster 2005 and then i dunno what i'll do. Probably something small.

I'll still be hanging around here though, so i'm not going yet.

CC10 :D

SSCoasters Staff | The SSCoasters Forum Rules
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign | Computer Science & Mathematics
Posted Image
Fireball | Kingda Ka | Inclination | Diamondback

#9 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 09:55 AM

Andrew- Im so surprised you are leaving so sudden. Your site sparked my intrest in knex coasters. Ever since your comp crashed it seemed to be all down hill for you. Thanks and good by friend.

CC10- Its a good thing your not leaving for good. You are a good member that needs to stay longer.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#10 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:45 AM

Andrew-Too bad your leaving. Some of your coasters inspired me to start building. Your a great person on the site. Thanks.

CC10-Basically what ^ said. See you at PKI.

This seems like the last day of school. People saying good bye to each other.

#11 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:59 AM

well i feel special now lol.

I've also got freshman orientation on next monday and tuesday. I gotta finish up dismantling KK before school starts so i dont have to worry about it.

CC10 :D

SSCoasters Staff | The SSCoasters Forum Rules
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign | Computer Science & Mathematics
Posted Image
Fireball | Kingda Ka | Inclination | Diamondback

#12 supportking86

supportking86

GO BENGALS!!!!!

• 2622 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 11:39 AM

Well at least you guys still have me! lol, just kidding, but this thread is very, very, sad. I wasn't around long enough to see some of your greatest coasters coasterguy, but I loved your rush, and Oasis is one of the best models I've seen.

I probably won't be able to get on a lot like I have been doing lately, but I am definately going to build a new model every couple of months. Me and CC10 will have to get together a lot more since he is going to a different school thna me now. But, we are going top build something really good together every summer hopefully(Like KK this year), and you guys have that to look forward to.

Even though this thread will be very sad for a lot of people, we are still getting more members to keep this site running.

SK86

Posted Image

Made by CC10************My User Page************

The Scorpian's Tail-Completed------------Full Dose-Completed

Blue Mist-Completed-----------------------Bullseye-Cancelled

Apollo 14-Completed-----------------------

#13 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 04:52 PM

You don't have to build K'Nex to visit the site... heck, I rarely build anymore and own the site. ;)

Seems to me that people underestimate the freetime they have and overestimate the workload. It's all about managing time wisely. The biggest thing is not procrastinating. When I don't have practice or anything, I usually start to do work within a half hour of getting home. Finish and have time to relax. During lacrosse season, I try to do my reading for the week ahead on the weekend (well, mostly Sunday). And I still manage to run websites, updated daily at times (SheiKra) and visit more.

#14 Swimming24-7

Swimming24-7

Go Apaches!

• 952 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 05:09 PM

Bye have a good time your senior year. You were a great member. Sad to see you go.
-cpfan101

#15 Adam_Deux

Adam_Deux

Bi-Yearly Visits

• 2407 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:46 PM

You know, I wish I had come to this site sooner so I could know you guys better. But I didn't, and I barely know you. I wish you the best of luck in life, and have a good one.

Penn State University - Civil Engineering '11

#16 cotton_eye_joe92

cotton_eye_joe92

Entry Engineer

• 979 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 12:04 PM

Sad to see you go Coasterguy, You were a great model builder, and also a great sig maker! Best of luck to you! Have a nice seinor year! I hate to see you leave, it just seems different without you here, Maelstrom was awesome.

-Joe

Bulking to 200...fooooood

#17 coasterguy

coasterguy

Wolfpack Cyclone

• 1061 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:34 PM

wow, i didn't expect to see so much feedback. i'm glad i've inspired so many of you. like i said, i'll still be stopping by every now and then just because... like i'm doing now. i don't think i'd be able to quit the site cold turkey;) , i'll just slowly fade out of the picture...

btw, what does the red dot next to my name mean?

Custom Models: Anaconda Clarion Cliff Hanger Double Looper Fury Maelstrom Metamorphose Mustang Shuttle Looper Rush Vortex
Recreations: Corkscrew@KBF Hypersonic XLC@PKD King Cobra@PKI Magnum XL200@CP Mr. Freeze@SFOT

The way some people find fault, you'd think there was some kind of reward.

#18 coastergeekrtc

coastergeekrtc

A God Among Users

• 2653 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:43 PM

It usually is green if you are online and not if your offline. I don't know where you got red.

*Insert signature here*

#19 Swimming24-7

Swimming24-7

Go Apaches!

• 952 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 07:56 PM

I'm going to be slowdy fading out too for the year since my parents grounded me till christmas :(. I got a 73 on an essay. Just used 8 linking verbs. Teacher never told us not to use those until after we turned in the essays. Just used 8 and that's all that was wrong with it and I got a 73. She gives us tests and then teaches us what's on the test. It's so gay! She teaches after the test, not before the test. The highest grade on the last vocab quiz was a 90. On a vocab quiz! Vocab is so easy and the highest grade out of 185 kids is a 90?! Something is wrong with her. So like I said I be grounded. See you at Christmas unless I can get myself ungrounded :-\

#20 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 08:10 PM

You got grounded till Christmas just for getting a 73 on an essay!:eek: I feel for you. Your teacher really is messed up. My parents would throw a fit if anyone taught like her. Anyway, I'm truly sorry for you. See you at Christmas.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: goodbye, leaving