goodbye leaving

• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#21 jumpboy

jumpboy

Not-So-Senior Member

• 1428 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 11:19 PM

What kind of crap is that? Even if your teacher is messed up like that, you could still get a B in the class for the quater which isn't bad. My parents only care about the letter on the report card.

Why are you in school anyway? All year round schedule or already started?

University of Maryland 2011

#22 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 03:18 PM

It usually is green if you are online and not if your offline. I don't know where you got red.

Red is invisible.

#23 Swimming24-7

Swimming24-7

Go Apaches!

• 952 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 05:42 PM

Ok...New thing happening :-\. I asked about being grounded and they said I wasn't. I'm a lil confused right now so I'm gonna lay low for the rest of the week. IT's wierd.

#24 cotton_eye_joe92

cotton_eye_joe92

Entry Engineer

• 979 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:28 PM

Hey guys, Joe here...Well as some of you may already know I was given a skateboard deck over the summer at a skateboard demo. Well, ever since I got all my equiptment delivered, I've been skating, therefore I haven't posted at all very lately. I'll be out until probably Christmas because of skateboarding. My coaster model, Storm, has yet to be finished, I have put it on hold after recently adding a tunnel on the first drop. I probably won't be coming back to this site for a long time (like I said before). Unless I totally lose intrest in coasters (which I hope doesn't happen). I don't even know if I'll post very often around Christmas because I'm probably going to get "softtrucks" that let me practice my tricks indoors, so I might not even be posting very often on here. Yes I know I'm a loser for just putting Storm on hold, it's not that big of a deal. I'm really worried that I'll just forget all about k'nex coasters...

So I'll be skating most of the time and looking at skateboard forums, but if I hear of any huge coaster projects like Jogumpie's Olympus, then I'll check it out.

see you guys in December! (unless I break my neck or something else while skating, if that happens I'll be back here again.) See you guys later.

-Joe

Bulking to 200...fooooood

#25 PlatinumCoasters

PlatinumCoasters

Architect

• 352 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:19 PM

It's kind of sad to see people leaving and moving on in life you know. I haven’t posted very much in quite awhile because ever since I went into college full time I have started "fading away" at least just into the background anyway. I tell you something, when you get off in college you really find out what you truly enjoy in life. Now I have pretty much stopped making coasters and updating my website(on coasters anyway) and have become more interested in music and trying to make a band with my brother, and things with engineering by making coasters in AutoCAD(trying to anyway) and other things. Even though I had never built many coasters, I would like to hope my coasters and tutorials have contributed to someone in one way or another. I think if I do feel a strong urge to get out the old k'nex sometime, maybe I could think up some new ideas and tutorials. Thanks coasterguy for your coasters, I think that they have made an impression on how a lot of us had built our coasters. Good Luck.

[URL="http://www.freewebs.com/platinumcoasters"]http://www.freewebs.com/platinumcoasters[/URL]

Posted Image

#26 sixflagsguy5

sixflagsguy5

Engineering Student

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:30 AM

I agree, it's sad to see people leaving the coaster world, but I guess it happens. I won't be leaving coasters in general untill I die. I plan on becoming involved with one of the designing companys and then riding coasters when I'm old, even if I'm not supposed to ride them (which will probably be how I die).

#27 supportking86

supportking86

GO BENGALS!!!!!

• 2622 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 04:47 PM

Time to add another sad story to this thread...

Well, i kinda explained what happened in my coaster thread, but i shoudl give a better description to my departure...

Well, first off, i couldnt get on this site because the browser i had was outdated i guess, but i just recently downloaded firefox. I wasnt too sure about the difference, but apparently i can get onto a lot more sites now. Well, i was gonna email my farewell posts to CC10, but i dont think that im gonna have to do that now, lol.

Well, i think that my building career is down the drain as to say. I just dont have enough time to build a coaster, thats it. I will however help CC10 when he calls for it. We might be planning somethign big thsi summer, *wink*. Im not too sure what im going to do with my pieces though, i might give them to CC10, or sell it to him, or sell them on Ebay, im not too sure.

Not many of you know me, but for those who do, i hope that you think that i contributed to this site very much. I thought that i did, but it doesnt matter.

I will definately be checking the site for the next couple days to see what your replys will be. I might be able to get on every once in a while, but thats it. I might comment on something, but maybe not.

Guess that I'll talk to you guys later...

SK86 :king

Posted Image

Made by CC10************My User Page************

The Scorpian's Tail-Completed------------Full Dose-Completed

Blue Mist-Completed-----------------------Bullseye-Cancelled

Apollo 14-Completed-----------------------

#28 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 04:52 PM

I wondered what happend to you SK86...The site seems to be falling apart...It sucks that a lot of the people I knew when I first joined, and have heard about have left the site...I definetly think you contributed to it, you were good member...It is a shame that you are leaving now...Well I guess I will talk to you when I do...

Posted Image

#29 jumpboy

jumpboy

Not-So-Senior Member

• 1428 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 05:01 PM

Hey, that sounds familiar :tmbs

Have fun with life, you'll enjoy it.

University of Maryland 2011

#30 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 05:08 PM

For everybody that moment will come... even for me, but not yet.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#31 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:00 PM

I usually post for a bit, then drift away for a year and a bit then come back

Posted Image

#32 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:22 PM

At this time, i really hope to stay here forever, but sadly, it won't happen. I'll drift away eventually, but for now, SSC is still important.

W00T!

And SK86, it's a shame you won't be building anymore. I'll definitely have to take you up on your offer this summer.

-CC10

SSCoasters Staff | The SSCoasters Forum Rules
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign | Computer Science & Mathematics
Posted Image
Fireball | Kingda Ka | Inclination | Diamondback

#33 imakecoasters

imakecoasters

2X "Most Entertaining"

• 3797 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:32 PM

That time will come for me too... Like when i'm 17! That's like 4 years... Lol. It seems that K'nex is a part of me now. Usually I'm obsessed with something, then after a few months it goes away, but when I started with K'nex that never happened.

My brother said, when I started building "You won't care about K'nex in September", but I'm as strong as ever. I have alot of aswome ideas for it.

-IMC-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#34 bfolla06

bfolla06

Construction Foreman

• 297 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:29 PM

SK86... you should def. hold on to your sets. If you are anything like me, there will come a time (maybe when your 20 like me) when you want to mess around with them again. Even if you never touch them again, they would be great to give to your kids.

other than that i sure hope you do find the time to stop by once in a while... if not... take care

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#35 Tyrant

Tyrant

Lead Engineer

• 2803 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:16 AM

Yea, listen to bfolla06. I haven't built anything since like my junior year of high school, but now in my sophmore year in college and using it as a sturdy test platform for a lot of things. Its been an invaluable asset to me.

-Tyrant

Posted Image
Premier Rides Inc.
Service Engineer
www.mst.edu/~mscwxc

#36 Adam_Deux

Adam_Deux

Bi-Yearly Visits

• 2407 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:39 PM

~bump~

I haven't built a coaster in over a year, but they're still useful to have around sometimes. You might get bored, you might need a small stand to hold something up, you never know. Keep the sets, if you ever ready this.

Penn State University - Civil Engineering '11

#37 Jesperdude

Jesperdude

european idiot

• 911 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 05:16 PM

I mean, i'd like to built things, but my interest for knex coasters is not very much anymore i'm afraid...

I AM GOING TO COMPLETE WRECKLESS
no parents this time;) (i hope...)

but i'm not sure if i stay in this site after that...

it's not because of you, you guys are great;)...
it's just.. you know...:(

My signature is expericing a temporay delay and has therefore seized operation.

#38 TwistedDreams

TwistedDreams

*Redunk*

• 3123 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:07 PM

Hey everybody. I'm leaving. My sets are mostly gone, except for one ss with a few extra pieces just in case ;). I love to be on this site, however I must say I have definitely outgrown knex for the most part, and this site. I have a lot more important things to do.
Like mountain bike, MUni, friends, school ect.
And seriously, my sets are all gone except a few in the attic, so this isn't bs.

But seriously this site... It's kinda getting dumber and dumber. The coasters aren't intriguing anymore, nor the forums. the really, really old coasters, those actually (this may sound retarded, brace yourself) mean something. I remember coaster guy's site too. I watched it go down the drain, sadly. I wasn't registered until it was all gone. And I still emailed him asking for my coaster to be on his site:D, The mountain rush one or something, cause I was such a n33b back then:).

But I hope that all the new kids have a lot of good times here, as I did. I just wish It was like it used to be, with the guy who built Oasis, (who's name I can't remember).

Ahhh I could ramble on and on about this site...
I'm glad I found it.
Thanks too everybody... Except you Gump, I've always hated you and your coasters.

:tmbs
-TD

#39 PlanetSaturn56

PlanetSaturn56

Rockin' your world.

• 2391 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:25 PM

oh wow, that sucks, hope u have a very succesful life and many great biking adventures!!! i didn't really know u that well, but what I have seen u do has made a very good lasting impression. Hope u succeed!!!

-ET93:king

Having fun at other people's expense

#40 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:38 PM

This is pretty sad for me. You have always been a big part of the site to me TD. You were here when I first joined, and one of first members I talked to. It really sucks that you have decided to leave. Talk to you when I do. I will definetly miss you around here...

-Rct2123

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: goodbye, leaving