Cosi & TTD33 join forces to break the height record!

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#21 imakecoasters

imakecoasters

2X "Most Entertaining"

• 3797 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:08 PM

Lets just say, you got a LONG ways to go still. Looking okay though... Make lateral supports (the 45* ones that make it so it won't fall over sideways), not huge ones. But I really think lateral supports would be a smart idea since these types of coaster fall over and break into tons of pieces.

-IMC-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#22 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:44 AM

You need to make one more tower in back to make a triangle like structure. I think that would be your best bet, since your pieces are no problem. Atleast make one around half way up, it would do loads more then any 45* supports would do...

As for buying cross ties, go to derik. Just click the need parts? on the top of the page. He sells them 10% cheaper then buying directly from k'nex...

-Rct2123:cool:

Posted Image

#23 Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Lurking around

• 1290 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:36 PM

OKAY! I finnaly have an update! I built a prototype of the coaster that is 11' 4" tall. Heres the video.

What do you guys think?

Posted Image
I play too many MMO's and MOBA's

#24 imakecoasters

imakecoasters

2X "Most Entertaining"

• 3797 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:51 PM

Well, I'll give you some help that will make builing ALOT easier.

You're only 1/3 there, and I noticed some shaking. Unfortuently once you get higher a huge problem will be it falling over, which will actually happen. That wouldn't be... good. If pieces aren't a problem I thing more supports would be a life saver (not literally, ;)).

Also make sure it's smoother than a... you know what I mean. This is important! Read this- When I built my launched coaster the same height as this one I had a teeny unsmooth part I figured wouldn't matter. The car completly came undone. Make sure the entire coaster is smooth.

Looks pretty good though.

-IMC-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#25 Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Lurking around

• 1290 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:57 PM

^ I know what you mean.
A peice of tubing came undone and I didn't notice when I launched and........

WHAM!

The car Flew across my driveway and shatered the car into peices! And now I
can't use it any more because the wheels flew off somewhere into the grass along with some plastic shrapnel!

^ I'm Waiting for my parts to arive from cosi to use yet so once I get them I will add more supports.

Posted Image

#26 Geartooth

Geartooth

Coasters and Biking

• 491 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:53 PM

When do you think you will be done? I don't build too much but I do know taking your time and make sure every thing is strong because that will help. Also make the base big and have most of your weight is at there also.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#27 zapa

zapa

awsome member

• 682 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:31 PM

In the vid it said it was coming in July 2007.

Posted Image

^My second model^

#28 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:51 PM

Definately fix the shaking. Also, use grey rods on spots that even curve a tiny bit, i used them on Anarchy's pullouts. It helps.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#29 Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Lurking around

• 1290 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 07:55 PM

Alright guys! Me and 22ms22 have been working on the station and it is now fully robotic! It uses Basic stamp 2 to operate the gates and soon the chain drive! I will have a video for it soon.

Also, I will be moving this thread to construction.

TTD33 :tmbs :tmbs :tmbs :tmbs :tmbs :tmbs :tmbs :tmbs :tmbs :tmbs

Posted Image

#30 Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Lurking around

• 1290 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:58 PM

Man It's gone dead again. :sdd :sdd :sdd :sdd Well I'm getting my "boxes that seem to have a wormhole at the bottom" of K'nex tomorrow. I will have pics up once I get them. I just thought you guys might want to know.

Posted Image

#31 Garth

Garth

Originally known as GarKD

• 2001 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:05 PM

I'll be waiting

*starts waiting*

Posted Image

#32 Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Lurking around

• 1290 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:38 PM

"HOLY CRAP!!!! That's what my mom said when we brought home over 250 pounds of knex. Pics later.

Posted Image

#33 imakecoasters

imakecoasters

2X "Most Entertaining"

• 3797 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:51 PM

250 pounds?!?! YEAH! Please, please, please make supports better than what you need. Don't say "good enough", because that always ends up badly. Push your limits and it will be perfect. As I said look at CC10's Kingda Ka model and use those. I really want this to work.

-IMC-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#34 Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Lurking around

• 1290 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:16 PM

Pics!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
This is the amount of parts I have been given to construct the roller coaster.
These are not my parts (yet:tmbs ) but they have been brought to my house to have the structure built here at my house.

Posted Image

#35 imakecoasters

imakecoasters

2X "Most Entertaining"

• 3797 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:23 PM

http://www.sscoaster...213.html?t=4213

Holy moly you have alot of pieces!!! Anyways, use those supports in the link.

-IMC-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#36 MF Rocks

MF Rocks

May The Force Be With You

• 174 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:23 PM

WOW that's an enormous amount of peices. Do you get to keep them after you make the ride? Good luck with this. One more question, how did you manage to get Cosi to sponsor you?

#37 Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Lurking around

• 1290 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:26 PM

No I do not get to keep all of the parts. I emailed them and they were interested, so ya.

Posted Image

#38 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:50 PM

That is so crazy how many pieces you just got. Make sure to use them wisely. I agree with IMC that, that support structure would be best. Good luck, and man I can't wait until this thing gets under big time construction...

-Rct2123:cool:

Posted Image

#39 KNexCoasterCreator

KNexCoasterCreator

youtube.com/bmxbd

• 1012 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:53 PM

PLEASE. PLEASE nake an amazing coaster and do not waste having alllll those pieces. Please make it wider and make the pull-ups so much bigger than they are.

#40 imakecoasters

imakecoasters

2X "Most Entertaining"

• 3797 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:14 PM

Make the pullup 15 feet. Mabey 12 or something, but make the pull up huge. Alot of people think pullup on launched coasters aren't that big, but look at this ------> http://rcdb.com/ig1896.htm?picture=45 . See, it's big.

I'm really hoping you complete this! Really listen to what we stay. It's important, like following instructions. Hope you have a fun time building it! That's what's most important.

-IMC-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]