• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#1 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:36 PM

http://www.daytondai...908coaster.html

Even though the park hasn't announced or confirmed this, the media got in and found it. It will be a B&M hyper coaster, estimated around 5,000 ft, and will feature the first hyper splashdown and the new Behemoth trains. It will be in the Rivertown section of the park, and will go out into the woods behind the Crypt and to the right of the Beast. As of now, the most reasonable name is Mustang based off the teaser signs the park has posted.

Park Map
Screamscape
Article with the pictures

Note: The 4,200 ft estimate in the article is just based off of the horizontal plane of the picture and does not include added length of track with the change in height.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#2 PlanetSaturn56

PlanetSaturn56

Rockin' your world.

• 2391 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:20 PM

That looks sick! Wish I lived over there : /

Having fun at other people's expense

#3 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:24 PM

I was going to say, 4,200 feet is a little short for a hyper coaster. Nevertheless, it sounds like a great ride. Too bad they're having a field day ripping out those trees to build it. They could make for an incredible ride. Hopefully they'll have a kick arse paint job to match the name.

I need to get down there next year...

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#4 rollercoasterfreak

rollercoasterfreak

SSC what?

• 966 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:37 PM

I live by King Island and I took these photos of the construction today....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

**^^ Jesperdude^^**

IM BACK BABY

SKULL

#5 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:38 PM

I have been following this on CoasterBuzz for a long time. The layout seems sick. I dont want to be a party pooper but I really hope this doesnt disturb the Beast's habitat. :/

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#6 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:43 PM

I think the only place you'd see it from on the ride are the lift hills and final helix. The helix wouldn't matter anyway because you're flying by everything. But no, it shouldn't get too close to it.

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#7 RCmaniac31

RCmaniac31

a "Six Flags" day?

• 592 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:53 PM

quote: For the 2009 season, Kings Island will open it's 14t. roller coaster. The name is currently unknown, but we do know that it will be a B&M Hyper coaster. It is rumored to be around 4,200 ft. long, 245ft. tall, and over 75mph. The 09' coaster will feature the "Behemoth" style trains, a hammerhead turn, two helices, and a "splashdown" similar to "Sheikra" and "Griffon."

looks cool, but it stinks cause i live like 8 hours away....(sad)

RC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Top Five:
Millennium Force
Top Thrill Dragster
Maverick
Tatsu
Raging Bull

Have a Six Flags Day!

#8 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:33 AM

I like the layout, it seems cool
pity I live across the largest stretch of water there is..
but then again,
Thorpe Park gets a Eurofighter in the season of '09
so maybe next year isn't all bad :D:D

#9 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:11 PM

This is what people think it will be.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#10 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:07 PM

I read an atricle in a paper my grandma gave me saying this would be a dive coaster. What was wierd was that they said it would be between 200' and 300' tall. I could really go for ether since I haven't rode a dive coaster and my only B&M hyper is Raging Bull.(which I rode back when I was like 7 and I can't remember any of it) Thank god I live in Ohio and my parents wouldn't totally mind a brake from Cedar Point.(It's sucks because I really only get to go to one park a year with my family, and this year I hope to go to Hershey Park with a friend for a combined birthday present between the two of us but that is still going to be tough.)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#11 PlanetSaturn56

PlanetSaturn56

Rockin' your world.

• 2391 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:12 PM

The beginning seems like Nitro 0_o

Having fun at other people's expense

#12 Coasteradict

Coasteradict

The hate sign

• 1883 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:30 PM

I like the layout, it seems cool
pity I live across the largest stretch of water there is..

I know It's totaly rubbish that. I wanna go thorpe park aswell, but it's sort of too far away, unless I went on train....

Looks wicked anyway, and this has secured it's spot in my skip year calender...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Immelmann

#13 lilmikemarin

lilmikemarin

Altitu... Fuzion !

• 1484 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:23 AM

Got these pics of Theme Park Review

Posted Image
Behemoth style trains

Posted Image
Station

Posted Image
Nice looking layout.

The layout looks really nice

Posted Image
My Coasters:
Zepto! - Gallery
Turbulence - Gallery , Video
Grizzly - Gallery , Video

#14 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:15 AM

I wonder what's the deal with making B&M hypers. 2 in 2 years is a lot.

Posted Image

#15 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:58 AM

Just a quick comment on the simulation lazor posted. I doubt B&M would have that kind of pre-drop. A somewhat turning drop is probably more likely, IMO.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#16 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:30 AM

^Yeah, I'm almost certain it'll be a drop very similar to Behemoth and that it won't drop all the way to the ground (railroad tracks and Crypt/Tomb Raider queue). But I'm interested to see how the ravine will be used on the second drop.

SSCoasters Staff

#17 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:09 PM

^Hopefully, it'll be the largest drop on the ride. From the looks of it, it doesn't look like there would be enough room in between that turn in the ravine(assuming it's in a valley, which is typical of B&M) and the turnaround to go into another hill, so hopefully it stays low before the turnaround. Same with the return trip, the turnaround to the helix.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#18 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:07 PM

The more I think about it, the more I think that the turnaround will be a Raging Bull-like one. Like the radius seems too small for an overbank.

SSCoasters Staff

#19 lilmikemarin

lilmikemarin

Altitu... Fuzion !

• 1484 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:37 PM

Just a quick comment on the simulation lazor posted. I doubt B&M would have that kind of pre-drop. A somewhat turning drop is probably more likely, IMO.

If you look at the layout, it most likely will have a predrop. They have done it before with Apollo's Chariot, and Raging Bull.

Posted Image
My Coasters:
Zepto! - Gallery
Turbulence - Gallery , Video
Grizzly - Gallery , Video

#20 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:03 PM

If you are talking about a predrop with the slight turn, I highly doubt it. The radius of that turn is too long for a predrop and more suits one at the bottom of the drop.

SSCoasters Staff

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2009, sfmm