2009 sfmm

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#21 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:33 PM

I agree. If you look at all the B&M megacoasters, they all turn at the bottom of the drop. Here's all the ones I can think of:

Both Goliaths
Silver Star
Nitro
Behemoth
Hollywood Dream

There's six out of what, eight?

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#22 lilmikemarin

lilmikemarin

Altitu... Fuzion !

• 1484 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:44 PM

I see what you mean. I was thinkin the lift hill would be much longer.

Posted Image
My Coasters:
Zepto! - Gallery
Turbulence - Gallery , Video
Grizzly - Gallery , Video

#23 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:06 PM

45 degree lifts are standard now for Beemer hyper coasters. They don't take up much space. See:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan

#24 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:46 PM

Neither of those are 45 degrees, Goliath's just looks like that 'cause of the angle and Raging Bull's is more near the middle 30's.

And the drawing looks just right for the lift size. Maybe someone can calculate how high it is from the drawings...?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Coaster Count: 79

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#25 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:00 PM

Posted Image

That's about 45 degrees (maybe slightly less).

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#26 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:17 AM

THAT Goliath pretty much is, but Raging Bull wasn't :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

Posted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#27 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

He was just showing the difference between the first genereation and second generation hypers.

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#28 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:25 PM

Exactly. I was showing the difference. Goliath has a 45 degree lift and RB´s is a lot less.

Posted Image

#29 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:50 PM

Oh, sorry for the confusion. Of me. :X

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

Posted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#30 Jplaz

Jplaz

Metaphysical Prophet

• 2776 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:27 AM

quote: For the 2009 season, Kings Island will open it's 14t. roller coaster. The name is currently unknown, but we do know that it will be a B&M Hyper coaster. It is rumored to be around 4,200 ft. long, 245ft. tall, and over 75mph. The 09' coaster will feature the "Behemoth" style trains, a hammerhead turn, two helices, and a "splashdown" similar to "Sheikra" and "Griffon."

That's odd considering Nitro is 15 ft. shorter but 5 m.p.h. faster...

Posted Image

#31 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:32 AM

The drop could be shorter than the lift. I'm having trouble seeing those stats though, because it seems too tall for such a short coaster.

Posted Image

#32 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:10 AM

http://www.daytondai...908coaster.html

Even though the park hasn't announced or confirmed this, the media got in and found it. It will be a B&M hyper coaster, estimated around 5,000 ft, and will feature the first hyper splashdown and the new Behemoth trains. It will be in the Rivertown section of the park, and will go out into the woods behind the Crypt and to the right of the Beast. As of now, the most reasonable name is Mustang based off the teaser signs the park has posted.

Park Map
Screamscape
Article with the pictures

Note: The 4,200 ft estimate in the article is just based off of the horizontal plane of the picture and does not include added length of track with the change in height.

The first drop probably will be shorter than the initial height because of the railroad tracks and Crypt line. I actually have no idea about a height though.

SSCoasters Staff

#33 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:46 PM

^^Maybe the splashdown takes away some speed, which means that it would decrease the distance? That would be my only guess. ^That would also add a good amount of distance. I hope I can go there and ride it next year.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#34 rollercoasterfreak

rollercoasterfreak

SSC what?

• 966 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:54 PM

^^ pkiknex25, I see it going up over the path and start to drop a couple 100 feet above the rail road into the ravine.

Posted Image

**^^ Jesperdude^^**

IM BACK BABY

SKULL

#35 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:55 PM

If you examine the footers, you'll notice the splashdown is at the end of the ride.

Posted Image

#36 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:31 AM

^I know, I just thought it would have a longer ending with a helix or something. I'm probably wrong though.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#37 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:53 PM

Track has started showing up. It's a dark red color and there's a ton more at the B&M plant nearby. There's also brighter red mystery dive machine track there. Now, everybody needs to distinguish between the two support colors there. There's a cream like color similar to Maverick's, and a mustard yellow. Personally I think the cream color would go better. Here's a link to the pictures:

http://www.kicentral.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=249

http://www.kiextreme.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=320

Posted Image

#38 Coaster55

Coaster55

Aminspec Employee

• 1591 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:58 PM

Like someone on CF said, the yellow supports could be for that mystery DM. The yellow does kind of go with the superman theme, but I'm not sure how that would look.

I like the track color though, it goes well with the name. But why would they put both supports into one pile, unless they are doing two different color supports.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:03 PM

Who knows about the dive machine. We don't even know where it's going yet.

They probably put the supports in piles like that because they just wanted the steel to age instead of sorting them. I doubt they'd do a dual color scheme too.

Posted Image

#40 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:06 PM

www.visitkingsisland.com

Official countdown to the announcement now up, plus more...

^On KIExtreme, the admin says it's going somewhere in Australia. I have to agree on the creme supports too, the yellow would look absolutely terrible in Rivertown.

For those who would skip over the link, you really should look at the KICentral one. A lot of great views of the park (particularly the Beast) and the huge construction site.

SSCoasters Staff

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2009, sfmm