coaster knex outcast

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 KCB Designs

KCB Designs

Ride the Lighting!

• 1048 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 03:48 PM

Looks good, I like the support going through the loop, but where is the pull out of the Immelmann going to go? It looks like you'll hit supports on either side.

╔═╦═╦═╦═╦╦═╦╦╦══╦═╦╦╦═╗
║═╣║║║║═╣║║║╩╠╗╔╣═╣╔╣╚╣
║╔╣║║║║╔╣╠╗║║║║║║═╣║╠╗║
╚╝╚═╩═╩╝╚╩═╩╩╝╚╝╚═╩╝╚═╝
EDIT by Jogumpie: Your signature image was too large.

#82 lilmikemarin

lilmikemarin

Altitu... Fuzion !

• 1484 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 03:58 PM

^Thanks for getting my hopes up that KCM updated. That comment wasn't very necessary if he hasn't updated in over a month.

Did you just contradict yourself ?

Posted Image
My Coasters:
Zepto! - Gallery
Turbulence - Gallery , Video
Grizzly - Gallery , Video

#83 crazywhizz100

crazywhizz100

GO BIG or go home

• 186 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:18 PM

sorry if i said that in a bad way

go big or go home. my coastershttp://www.youtube.c...r/crazywhizz100

#84 KCM32

KCM32

knexcoastermaker

• 351 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:49 PM

Well I started on the station and prelift section. After the loop I am going to try to do a cobra roll and if not an immelemann. I dont think it looks to bad but you can judge. I am going to try to finish the station and all the hardware by next weekend because I am going to have to start working faster with this deadline coming so fast. Here is what I have so far:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please Comment

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Racing Woodie

(Under Construction)

My Videos

#85 KCB Designs

KCB Designs

Ride the Lighting!

• 1048 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:53 PM

In the last pic, the pull-in of the Cobra roll or immelmann looks sharp, other than that, it is excellent.

╔═╦═╦═╦═╦╦═╦╦╦══╦═╦╦╦═╗
║═╣║║║║═╣║║║╩╠╗╔╣═╣╔╣╚╣
║╔╣║║║║╔╣╠╗║║║║║║═╣║╠╗║
╚╝╚═╩═╩╝╚╩═╩╩╝╚╝╚═╩╝╚═╝
EDIT by Jogumpie: Your signature image was too large.

#86 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:03 PM

^^it looks that way in every pic because t is and that really needs to be fixed!

KCM you need to make that pull in start sooner and it should be fine.

#87 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:09 AM

I happen to think that the pull-in looks fine. I will judge how it is when you finish the element but so far so good. I think the pre-lift section needs a little tweaking.

I would put about 20* banking on the bottom of that hill because it looks like it would hurt/unsmooth right now. Everything else, IMO, looks alright.

Nice work.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#88 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:50 PM

I suggest you lower that station to a height at which the train has just enough potential energy to get to the lift. The pre-drop out of the station just looks too tall. You'd need to bank the bottom more, but that would also screw up the smoothness, because the pull-out is rather small.
So basically, lower that station. That way your end brakes will also be a bit lower and that gives you just a little more speed at the end of the ride.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#89 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:14 PM

Is this coaster canceld or somthing?Almost ben a month from last update.BTW loking good so far.:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#90 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:49 PM

...Wow... Haven't you learned your lesson yet, or are you just looking for people to kick your ass?

#91 KCM32

KCM32

knexcoastermaker

• 351 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:33 AM

Hey guy long time no see. I have been so busy this year I have had absolutely no time to build. I am really disappointed to say that this will be canceled. I have been focusing all of my time into school and causing me not to build. My parents were also getting angry with it taking up the living room. That is why I have taken it down. I just can't build like I use to because I just lose interest real fast. Look out for maybe 1 or 2 more coasters from me over the winter but they wont be to big. Sorry to disappoint you guys.See you soon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Racing Woodie

(Under Construction)

My Videos