banner rant

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 moosey124

moosey124

Construction Foreman

• 227 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:22 PM

In my opinion, Avenged Sevenfold is the best band in the world. Their genre is hard rock/metal but if you hear these guys play....AMAZING.itheir lead guitarist, Synyster Gates is probably one of the top 3 guitarists i've ever heard, i mean, his solo's are nuts. Even though their hardrock and metal, lots of their songs(especialy from the new album)don't sound it, i mean, their not screaming alot, but acctaully singing. Good songs are:
Afterlife
bat country
scream
beast and the harlot
trashed and scattered
seize the day
gunslinger
MIA
burn it down
blinded in chains
A little piece of heaven
sidewinder
unholy confesions
remenissions
crossroads
walk(pantera cover)
almost easy
second heart beat.

Also, go to youtube and listen to some of synyster gates' solos live. AMAZING. Well, post your thoughts about them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^^thanks a buunch CC10!!!^^

He who makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man-Dr. Samuel Johnson[/FONT]

#2 coastergeekrtc

coastergeekrtc

A God Among Users

• 2653 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:30 PM

Longest thread anyone...or should I start making threads about the fungus on my right big toe and how it looks like the layout of S:ROS?

*Insert signature here*

#3 moosey124

moosey124

Construction Foreman

• 227 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

^^What on earth are you talking about coastergeekrct? This thread is suppost to be abuot Avenged Sevenfold...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He who makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man-Dr. Samuel Johnson[/FONT]

#4 Jplaz

Jplaz

Metaphysical Prophet

• 2776 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

^He talking about how worthless this thread is...

Posted Image

#5 moosey124

moosey124

Construction Foreman

• 227 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:01 PM

i figured that...The title of the forum is called anyhting goes...and so i decided to post about my favourite band. You got a problem with that *looks stern/cross*?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 Ace o Spades

Ace o Spades

Lead Engineer

• 2885 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:48 AM

Uhg, well Avenged Sevenfold is pretty much crap music. Synister Gates is no better than anyone else in his genre. If you knew anything about guitar, you would realize that he uses sweeping for most of his solos. Sweeping isn't easy, but it sure as hell doesn't make him "The top 3 guitarist in the world".

And the only reason the singer doesn't scream anymore is because he is a retard and perminentaly damaged his vocal cords early on.

#7 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:50 AM

Sorry, but I think this music sucks. :)

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#8 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:28 AM

I have never heard them before
and, wow.. Lame, sorry moosey, but opinions.

Tom Morello and RAGE rule!

#9 Jplaz

Jplaz

Metaphysical Prophet

• 2776 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:18 AM

^Sorry, but Tom Morello is tEH sUcXz0rz...

Joe Satriani rules!

Posted Image

#10 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:58 AM

^ NO WAY!!
Tom Morello BEFORE Audioslave was the BEST.

In-fact I'm listening to RAGE right now :P

Wow. Sorry for the off topic, but this is Anything Goes!

#11 moosey124

moosey124

Construction Foreman

• 227 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:02 PM

Uhg, well Avenged Sevenfold is pretty much crap music. Synister Gates is no better than anyone else in his genre. If you knew anything about guitar, you would realize that he uses sweeping for most of his solos. Sweeping isn't easy, but it sure as hell doesn't make him "The top 3 guitarist in the world".

And the only reason the singer doesn't scream anymore is because he is a retard and perminentaly damaged his vocal cords early on.

Firstly, if you really listen, hes acctaully picking in most of em-watch videos or listen closely, and shadows did mess up his vocal chords but before the first album was made, he said that he wated a screaming album, a half screaming half singing album and the rest just plain singing, and the acheived that. He busted his vocals like half way through the half-half record and got singing lessons from some famous guy.

I have never heard them before
and, wow.. Lame, sorry moosey, but opinions.

Tom Morello and RAGE rule!

I agree with you that Morello and the rage rule. Morello has done stuff with a guitar to making it sound like anything but a guitar. He is also a great guitarist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:15 PM

^ Heh, 123 posts.

Eat it Jplaz!
What's your favourite RAGE album?

(kinda spammy, sorry)

#13 moosey124

moosey124

Construction Foreman

• 227 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:07 PM

hehe i know, 123. you know that i quit k'nex for a few months...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:13 PM

^ Oh yeah, why?!

Words the rest.

#15 DeAzncy

DeAzncy

Lead Engineer

• 1389 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:31 PM

i like A7X's music, but i hate Cradle of Faith(gump's avatar) because their music is anti-christ devil music... i like Slipknot and Killswitch Engage.

Posted Image

^Thnx CC10^

#16 fantom

fantom

Screaming!

• 1745 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:48 PM

Firstly, if you really listen, hes acctaully picking in most of em-watch videos or listen closely

Sweep picking is the technique used where you bring the pick across the strings in one fluid motion as if you are "sweeping" the strings" while arpeggiating the frets with your fretting hand, hence "Sweep Picking". Ace knows what he's talking about.

Xbox GT: xxwarlordxx11
Posted Image

Posted Image

PM ME PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON ADDING MY GAMERTAG!

#17 Ace o Spades

Ace o Spades

Lead Engineer

• 2885 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:12 PM

Firstly, if you really listen, hes acctaully picking in most of em-watch videos or listen closely

Sweeping uses a pick, retard. Your thinking of tapping.

#18 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:41 PM

but i hate Cradle of Faith(gump's avatar) because their music is anti-christ devil music...

Kill the non-believer! It's Cradle of Filth. ;) Dimmu Borgir is actually more Anti-Christ, while Cradle of Filth is quite erotic in their lyrics.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#19 DeAzncy

DeAzncy

Lead Engineer

• 1389 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:45 PM

^lol. Oh shoot, i was thinking of something else when i was typing the band's name XD sorry... my brother only likes one song from them and i think it's ok, but i just dont like the band...

Posted Image

^Thnx CC10^

#20 moosey124

moosey124

Construction Foreman

• 227 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:15 PM

Sweeping uses a pick, retard. Your thinking of tapping.

I know that sweep picking is using a pick...sweep PICKING....dope! I meant that hes picking on one string and taping a few frets at the same time and then moving on later. Sweep picking is when you pretty much sweep the pick up and down the guitar strings and move your fingers up and down the guitar...Anyways, this argument is pointless, so lets just stop maybe?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: banner rant