sidewinder

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:22 PM

Would anyone be interested in having a sidewinder tutorial????
The finished product is shown below. I think it is reasonably smooth and I would like to do a tutorial on it. So if you are interested, please post!!!!

[IMG][IMG]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1134/dsc00846xr8.th.jpg[/IMG][/IMG] [IMG][IMG]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6007/dsc00848lt3.th.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#2 LukeIsLuke

LukeIsLuke

Entry Engineer

• 637 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:27 PM

OOOH! I like that. Sure, I would love a tutorial.

#3 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:45 PM

It looks more like the second half to a weird cobra roll. The exit/entrance is 2 reds up, which does not look like a sidewinder.

#4 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:04 PM

A sidewinder doesn't have to exit at ground level if that's what you're thinking. Look at this pic.
Posted Image

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#5 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:32 PM

looks unsupported if you ask me. I think if your going to make a tutorial you should have the product be supported all over the place.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image
Intimidator305, El Toro, Maverick, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Top Thrill Dragster

#6 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:59 PM

No offence, but this isn't the best sidewinder so I doubt people would use it. Nice try.

#7 LukeIsLuke

LukeIsLuke

Entry Engineer

• 637 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:00 PM

Who cares? It works... You guys are really hard on this forum. He is offering help.

#8 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:03 PM

It works... You guys are really hard on this forum.

So? It's not your forum, so don't tell the members here to change this website. I never said it was bad, I just said it wasn't the best.

#9 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:06 PM

You guys are probably right, it isn't the best. But could you tell me what I'm doing wrong please???

Posted Image

#10 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:12 PM

As I said you need to support it more. And probably a couple other things I don't see.

Yah 20th post.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image
Intimidator305, El Toro, Maverick, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Top Thrill Dragster

#11 DeAzncy

DeAzncy

Lead Engineer

• 1389 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:17 PM

^^make it a bit smoother(at the end especially) and support it as much as u can...

Posted Image

^Thnx CC10^

#12 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:24 PM

Since when is the idea of copying and cheating off someone's design help. This is seriously ridiculous to the point that people will copy stuff instead of creating it themselves. I saw MCM's dive loop/immelmann everywhere when he posted the tutorial. It takes away the fun in seeing other coasters when its just cookie-cutter elements on every coaster.

Blast: It's not you. It's how this site seems to be asking for a lot of tutorials lately (dannycool!) instead of doing themselves.

ThatCoasterDude: Watch out, it's an attitude like that coming into the site that will get you bashed around by veterans.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#13 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:41 PM

^yeah. I've been here for what 8 months, and though before I came here I thought MCM's Immlemann tut was great (I used it on the last coaster I built before I came here) I found it more fun to build things on my own. The only time I think you should really use tut's is to get the feel of what the element is supposed to look like and also how to support and shape it. But you still should try to use tut's at a minimum. And no offense Blast, but I've definaly seen better sidewinders, so it also helps if it is really top notch,(again Blast I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying it's not the best like others have said.)

And ThatCoasterDude: Why are you bashing at us for beening so harsh? Anybody here that's been around for a long time or is a really good builder is pretty much a perfectionist. We try to let very few mistakes come to pass not in other's coasters but ours as well. And it's not because we're harsh, in fact it's the opposite. We're trying to be nice and help the person become a better builder, not say "Hay you suck, build it like this." Because if we were like that this site would have A TON of tut's for n00bs. So just be careful of what you say o.k.? You've got to earn some respect before you can go on something like that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#14 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:39 AM

Ok, thanks for the help I don't think I'll be doing a tutorial on this anyway. If I ever make an SS coaster with this sidewinder, I'll try to fix what you said and see how it looks.

Posted Image

#15 DeAzncy

DeAzncy

Lead Engineer

• 1389 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:36 PM

^haha, yeah, you should really test it out and see how well the cars travel through it and get some data before you ask if anyone wants a tut lol.

^^&^^^ great speeches... the things that you guys said are very true.(seriously)

Posted Image

^Thnx CC10^

#16 koasterlover3315

koasterlover3315

Construction Worker

• 84 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:01 PM

It looks pretty good, maybe add a few supports and test it a bit. Then I'll gladly be interested in a tutorial.

:boom:smkng
El Toro is awesome!!!!1!1!!1!!!!11!!!

#17 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:09 AM

^^Well when I finish Hypersonic I might build a looper with a sidewinder so I could test it out then. Thanks for the advice (not sarcasm). :)
BTW The reason I didn't put more supports, is cause I didn't want this to be too much of a piece eater. If I build it again though, I will add more.

Posted Image

#18 colintaylor

colintaylor

Construction Foreman

• 176 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:20 PM

please please please make a tut!!!!!

#19 TheSennaj

TheSennaj

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

its removed
?!?!?!

plsplspslpslpslsplsplsplspslpslpslpslsPLSPLSPLS make a tut

#20 Treeko890coastr

Treeko890coastr

Dark Explorers!

• 879 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

Im not sure if im doing this right, but do not post in threads that are over 1 week old unless they are your thread and you are updating them. Please dont do this anymore.

I am a stegosaurus!
Signature removed as it was larger than limit.
My coasters:
Jaws,Overheat,Mine Train

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sidewinder