New coaster Dynamix

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:13 AM

Yes, eventually. Our goal is to modify the Scorpion kit to accept the new track pieces on the lift. Then it will be available in yellow. For now, though, it will only be available in the red.

#22 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:40 AM

Amazing. I guess you can be content to build the other roller coaster modeling system that has operating shoulder harnesses, a working station with dispatch button, and a custom No-Limits program to go along with it.........Right.

Someone should make a kit just like CD but with grooves in the track and a motor in the train so it can reproduce realistic speeds.
It would be so much nicer to see realistic speeds on a CD model than a 2-second coaster ride.

#23 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:28 AM

Have you ever seen one in person? I don't really know anyone who has actually seen the models up close who still think they go too fast. Well...at least anyone who understands physics.
It is ironic that the only roller coaster modeling system that can even remotely duplicate the efficiency of a real coaster gets a bad rap for being "too fast". It's called gravity, folks, and you cannot scale it down.

#24 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:45 AM

Can't you launch a CD coaster into space and place it at the moon? ;)

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#25 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:19 PM

I don't know why having molded pieces is such a turn-off. The whole system can be run on flex track if needed. The molded pieces make building easier and help cut down on cost. People complain about the cost, we lower it (without compromising the integrity of the kit), now it is the molded pieces that they don't like. Amazing. I guess you can be content to build the other roller coaster modeling system that has operating shoulder harnesses, a working station with dispatch button, and a custom No-Limits program to go along with it.........Right.

It's not that I dislike it, it's just, I thought a real part of CD was build your OWN models, not use moulded chunks to make one of the 340103294929 combinations, it just doesn't have the same appeal to me.
Although, I will be buying some Scorpion / Dragon when I'm in America this winter :D

#26 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:19 PM

It is ironic that the only roller coaster modeling system that can even remotely duplicate the efficiency of a real coaster gets a bad rap for being "too fast". It's called gravity, folks, and you cannot scale it down.

Maybe you can't scale down gravity (on earth, ^^ :)), but it would be more interesting to see a realistic coaster kit that could actually recreate realistic speeds on a scale-model roller coaster Nothing wrong with CD, I was just sharing my idea.

#27 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:05 PM

^They already have that.

It looks horrible and it's real inefficient when it comes to the motor.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Coaster Count: 79

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#28 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:28 PM

^^You are complaining because CD is efficient ? Dude, you're weird. I prefer a fast, working coaster with realistic layout then nothing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1|Tatsu 2|KK 3|Montu 4|Medusa 5|Kumba 6|Nitro 7|Goliath 8|Goliath 9|DD:F 10|Excalibur

#29 coastergeekrtc

coastergeekrtc

A God Among Users

• 2653 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:35 AM

Maybe you can't scale down gravity (on earth, ^^ :)), but it would be more interesting to see a realistic coaster kit that could actually recreate realistic speeds on a scale-model roller coaster Nothing wrong with CD, I was just sharing my idea.

Right, because Knex is so much more realistic than CD. Stop being an idiot.

*Insert signature here*

#30 Loop De Loop

Loop De Loop

Entry Engineer

• 849 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:02 PM

When is it going to be for sale?

Posted Image

^^^^Thanks Airdog^^^^

TOP TEN
Top Thrill Dragster
Incredibul Hulk
Mellenium force
Maverick
Mantis
Maginum XL200
Flight Deck
Wicked Twister
Raptor
Beast

#31 LCAL

LCAL

Only I Can Live Forever

• 1823 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:00 PM

^ They're saying before Christmas. No exact date yet, though.

http://www.youtube.com/knexer13
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SSC Member June 11th 2007 - January 1st 2011

Posted Image

#32 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:11 PM

^Actually, the latest I heard was maybe early next year. But they are still hoping for christmas. I might have to get a Scorpian instead of this for christmas.

EDIT: Is the Scorpian lift hard to convert to a sitdown model?

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#33 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:06 PM

^Yes, you have to shave down the train to get it to work but you just have to wait for the new lift part to use for sit-down and use the old lift for inverts.

Buying a scorpion is the best thing you should do for christmas because you will have the time to experiment with the models and know what you gonna need to buy when the new pieces will come out.

Unless you're not patient ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1|Tatsu 2|KK 3|Montu 4|Medusa 5|Kumba 6|Nitro 7|Goliath 8|Goliath 9|DD:F 10|Excalibur

#34 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:50 PM

^I'll probably ask for 1 Scorpian and 2 small expansion sets. Since a large is $100 and 12' of track, and 2 smalls (together) are $100 and 16' of track. Then on my birthday ask for a new lift, floorless, and hyper train.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta

#35 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:20 PM

^Good choice ;).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#36 LCAL

LCAL

Only I Can Live Forever

• 1823 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:16 AM

^Yes, you have to shave down the train to get it to work but you just have to wait for the new lift part to use for sit-down and use the old lift for inverts.

Not for me....The invert lift works great with my hyper models.

And ^^, you don't know how long it will take for CD to come out with the individual parts.

http://www.youtube.com/knexer13
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SSC Member June 11th 2007 - January 1st 2011

Posted Image

#37 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:21 AM

^The extra parts are supposed to come out shortly after the set. I hope they get the new lift in the yellow color before the end of march though.

LAZOR22SIG2.png

#38 Knex Rule

Knex Rule

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:41 PM

Can I get the link to the extra trains please? I saw it befor and now i can not find it

#39 Sheikra_rocks

Sheikra_rocks

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:27 PM

^^ It is on the first page of the CoasterDynamix Discussion Forums.

You guys really need to see models like The Scorpion, Damondback, SheKra, Montu, any other coaster made out of coasterdynamx. The videos make the models seem more hyper than they actually are. So those of you who don't have kits are making your judgements based on the videos.

If for instant, someone were to build Kumba (my next upcoming model) to perfect scale of 1:48, the model coaster train will be traveling the equivelant speed. It appears faster because of the size.

The premolded parts are a blessing to use seasoned modelers! It will cut down build time, and give us parts to make a more realistic layout. Look at ths picture:

Posted Image

A realistic B&M dip! made wth 3 upbends and 1 down bend.

But, I can see how K-nex is better because it is so much more reliable and realistic looking. There are also 5 different B&M trains that can run on the K-nex parts. (Rolls eyes).

#40 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:57 PM

But apparently you said that the B&M dip doesn't work so good because of the size of the spring is too small or something. So, if I wanted to do that (^), would I need an 8-car train to make it over?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Coaster Count: 79

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!