b&m hypercoaster outerlimits659

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#21 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:43 PM

^^ A lot better. Just fix the sharp spot where the gears are.
And you might wanna fix the catwalk; it looks weird how it goes straight out while the track curves down.

#22 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:52 PM

Yea fix the catwalk, and the sharp spot by the gears, looks great though. Are you going to keep it on the ping-pong table?

#23 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:01 PM

^I just shortened the catwalk so it stops where the crest levels off, it looks better now. The sharp spot is fixed I think, but I'll let you guys decide in the next update.
^^^Thanks, I was thinking one of these two turnarounds:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#24 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:06 PM

I like the hamerhead.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#25 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:09 PM

I like the 2nd one, we see a lot of hamerheads these days.

#26 Coaster55

Coaster55

Aminspec Employee

• 1591 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:54 PM

Go with the second one, it'd be easier to build and make smooth. It would also look best with the height you have.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 crazywhizz100

crazywhizz100

GO BIG or go home

• 186 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:57 PM

ya do the second one

go big or go home. my coastershttp://www.youtube.c...r/crazywhizz100

#28 Renegade

Renegade

Valleyfair Poster!

• 323 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:04 PM

How about a Renegade Turnaround.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Valleyfair's Most Comprehensive Online Guide!

Dude... Really? Now you're giving Guitarist a reason to post...

#29 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:28 AM

^ Nawwwh.

Do the second one!

#30 Loop De Loop

Loop De Loop

Entry Engineer

• 849 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:03 AM

I to would choose the second one. The second one will be much, much easyer. And I don't know how many pices you have put if I were you I would put in some middle tubing.

Posted Image

^^^^Thanks Airdog^^^^

TOP TEN
Top Thrill Dragster
Incredibul Hulk
Mellenium force
Maverick
Mantis
Maginum XL200
Flight Deck
Wicked Twister
Raptor
Beast

#31 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:00 PM

Ok, I was considering intead of the Goliath turnaround to do something like a rise into a curving drop that goes into an upward helix (not unlike AC) or maybe a buckel over the drop pull-out . The curving drop would not curve the same degree as Nitro's. It would go intead, a little beyond 180 degrees. However, all I have now is a pull-in that could go into a Goliath turnaround or the air hill w/curving drop, so I'll let you guys decide (yes, I will listen to you). ;) Pics..
Posted Image
The hopefully fixed crest
Posted Image
The pull-in from one angle
Posted Image
The pull-in from another angle
Please comment!!
-OL659:mwik

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#32 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:12 PM

I wouldn't advise having a flat part on the pull-out

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#33 metallicais1337

metallicais1337

Guitar Hero Addict

• 1357 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:14 PM

^lol thats the nice way of saying:

wow your pullout sucks. fix the straight part.

jk. but yeah, theres a straight part. fix it.

http://www.youtube.com/metallicais1337
^My YouTube Channel (FL Studio songs, Custom Guitar Hero charts)^

#34 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:31 PM

Well, I was thinking of putting a tunnel after the drop and I like the AC look. But if you guys insist, I could change it...I'll wait for a couple more opinions and if the majority want it changed, I'll change it. I'm going to do a rise into a curving drop followed by a buckel or airtime hill. No name ideas yet though....

Posted Image

#35 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:36 AM

No comments I see *sigh* Well, I guess I can't exactly expect 6 comments a day every day or anything like that (all the more reason to build more and gain more respect ;)). I started on the curving drop and it looks okay so far IMO. Pics.....
Posted Image
Posted Image
I would give more angles, but I'm having trouble with Imageshack and it takes forever to load....maybe I should try Photobucket or something else lol. Comment!!!

-OL659 :mwik

Posted Image

#36 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:08 PM

It looks good so far but I won't really be able to tell ontell it's done.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#37 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:28 PM

Bad news....I changed it to a turnaround but the car rolls back on the second half. No, I have not weighed or lubed my trains but if I should, I'm not sure what to use. Here's some pics and a test vid:
Posted Image
Posted Image
And here's the test vid
http://profile.image...mov01609fj5.flv

Comment!!

Posted Image

#38 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:33 PM

use a silicone based spray. I use wrench silicone spray (that's what it says on the can) it works great after it evaporates. and leaves behind the very slippery residue.

Maybe you should take the support that's in the middle of the turn out and make a horizontal one going from the two side ones.

EDIT: oh by the way the shaping is great.

#39 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:21 AM

^Thanks!! The train still doesn't make it over but I'm going to look into getting some silicone spray, plus I ordered a new middle car (free) from knex so hopefully that'll help. In the meantime I've finished the turnaround. After this will come (hopefully) an airtime hill that pulls out while curving into....well this is where you guys come in. ;) Pics...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I still am in need of name ideas......Comment!!!

Posted Image

#40 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:44 PM

*curses at threads that are being posted in*. Just kidding. Sorry for the delay, the middle car I ordered still has not come but I continued nonetheless. A weighted three car train make it over when nudged over the top of the turnaround so I figure a four car train should work. After this hill will be a buckel stretching under the lift followed by a rise onto the brakes (boring layout I know). Something looks funny about this curving part especially in the third pic, but I'll let you guys see. Pics.....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

What do you guys think of X-force for a name?? I'm still open to any more suggestions in that area. Now you know the drill.....Comment!!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: b&m, hypercoaster, outerlimits659