burruito goliath knex master walibi

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#1 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:29 PM

Ok I'm re creating Goliath Walibi world while I wait for a computer with windows XP so I will get WMM.

http://www.sscoaster...=1&d=1229833683

http://www.sscoaster...=1&d=1229833683

I don't have much track with Fire dive built so I wont be adding track until I break Fire Dive.

#2 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:44 PM

I have to say I'm not surprised that your making a recre.This coaster is going to be sweet!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 Coaster55

Coaster55

Aminspec Employee

• 1591 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:54 PM

Are you sure that's going to be enough height to finish this? The turns after the stengel and before the buckel's are going to kill a lot of speed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 spousl16

spousl16

Casual Coaster Enthusiast

• 259 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:10 AM

I'm sorry to be so negative, but I don't think you can pull this off with tube supports. It would take a massive amount of support and every ounce of speed you have to complete the helixes and buckels. But don't let me stop you, you have a lot of talent. I wish you luck!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sean Pousley - Villanova University - Civil Engineering

GO NOVA!

#5 TheBigCobraRoll

TheBigCobraRoll

BANNED

• 193 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:25 AM

^ he will, He built maverick you know.

Posted Image

^Thanks Steelspectrum!^

Crap cause it would have Macoroni and Cheese in it.

-MIBB)

Top 5
1 Expedition GeForce
2 Maverick
3 Kingda ka
4 Tower Of Terror
5 ]Cyclone (Dreamworld)

#6 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:35 AM

I rode this beast many times, last time was back row with Gump.

Anyway, Show us what you can pull off! I think the Stengel-dive might be a little tricky though!

Oh and, the lift is not the right angle and yet another thing, the bunny hills near the end of the ride actually go "through" the supports from the lift. Try recreating that too, it really gives a special feeling to the whole ride.
Shown here: http://rcdb.com/ig1565.htm?picture=51

And here: http://rcdb.com/ig1565.htm?picture=26

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:08 AM

Hmmm... getting the train from the stengel dive to the bunny hills is going to be hard.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#8 Loop De Loop

Loop De Loop

Entry Engineer

• 849 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:53 AM

Hope that you plan on using bosters because that helix toward the end is going to be a pain in neck.

Posted Image

^^^^Thanks Airdog^^^^

TOP TEN
Top Thrill Dragster
Incredibul Hulk
Mellenium force
Maverick
Mantis
Maginum XL200
Flight Deck
Wicked Twister
Raptor
Beast

#9 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

• 2879 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:49 AM

all above: I will do it you guys. if I have to use a stupid booster I will but that will be the last thing I do to trash this awesome coaster.

the stengel dive if it becomes a problem I might disguise it as another air time hill but if not every thing is going to be exact.

^i dont plan on it but if it's a must I will.

^^thanks for the concern but :) I'm gonna try this also gives me a reason to buy a lot more ss's I figure I'm gonna need at least 1 more.

^^^so lucky I have never gone to any amusement park besides Cedar point and Disney world. I can get the bunny hills through the supports any time... lol easy

^^^^thanks for the back up

^^^^^I'm gonna try I tried maverick and won and this is lower to the ground with a bigger hill.

thanks for the comments every one!

#10 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:55 AM

Looks so cool. Good luck on this.;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#11 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:05 PM

Why don't you use yellows on the bottom for you base? It will keep the blue rods straight. Oh, and your supports are bending a tad. I recommend looking from the top to see how they are bent...

Here is a pic of my base system...

Posted Image

You can see I use reds, blues, and yellows to keep them straight. You basically don't use any of those rods on tube supports, so why not use them on the base?...

-Rct2123:cool:

Posted Image

#12 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

• 2879 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:10 PM

I still have fire dive built and fire dive ate all my yellows so when I break it I will add yellows. they aren't bending any more :)\

this will be an update so stay tuned!

over view
http://www.sscoaster...=1&d=1229885181

pullout

perfect 65 degrees!

#13 Airdog

Airdog

The SSC Dog

• 779 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:20 PM

This has already been done but horribly. Its on youtube type in Knex Goliath.

EDIT-
Crappy right?...

Posted Image

1.Maverick
2.Nitro
3.Apollo's Chariot
4.Medusa
5.Millenium Force

#14 Coaster55

Coaster55

Aminspec Employee

• 1591 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:50 PM

Looks pretty good, I'd need a side view of the drop to be sure though. Once you add more cross ties, you might want to replace those center rods with center tubing, and layer the flexis/grays.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

• 2879 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:52 PM

even without the middle rods it doesn't shake or bow as the car goes down. thanks for the concern I'll try the tubing.

^^man that was terrible!!! strait down lol.

#16 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:39 PM

Shape is good but those supports are horrid. Please Take a look at the real supports...

Posted Image

Don't use all those "naked" rods. They need to be in tubes to look good. Also, try to get more exact to the real supports...

-Rct2123:cool:

Posted Image

#17 Renegade

Renegade

Valleyfair Poster!

• 323 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:46 PM

You're honestly going to judge the coaster by his supports? You do realize that almost every recreation on this site has supports that are nothing like the actual coaster's supports right? Don't forget we're building these coasters out of knex, not steel/metal. I can understand your need for wanting the coaster to be "realistic" but I think tackling the layout itself will be enough of a challenge.

Posted Image
Valleyfair's Most Comprehensive Online Guide!

Dude... Really? Now you're giving Guitarist a reason to post...

#18 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:45 PM

You see that number right there?, that's how many posts I have...

Mar 2006...

You see that?, that's when I joined...

You see that thing that says "SSC Staff"? Well turns out I am a mod...

According to you though, I don't know what the hell I am talking about...

I obviously realize that the supports on other re-cre's are not even close. That is why they are called "box supports". This, however, is a "tube supports: re-cre. The point of tube supports is to make coasters look more realistic. If he wanted to use box supports to re-create this, hell, I don't give a shit how his supports look. Since he is using box supports though, he should get them right. Simple concept of tube supports. Maybe you would know if you weren't so damn new huh?...

Your not going to get on anyone's good side being new and talking down to people, especially me, a god damn mod. Think before you post...

-Rct2123

Posted Image

#19 Renegade

Renegade

Valleyfair Poster!

• 323 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:27 PM

Alright first off, I wasn't bashing you or anything of that effect, if anyone knows anything about experience on this site, I'd have to say you're up there in that category. The problem I had with your post was that he already has spent the time on making the supports which look beyond great and realistic for this coaster, and considering how long and twisted this layout is, in the long run (in my opinion), he'll have to worry more about speed & having the train make the circuit instead of how realistic the supports are. Now if your post was encouragement to try to get as much speed out of this monster as possible, I can easily understand, and reprimand my post, but as far as accuracy, I think most people (now I may be wrong, but until I stand corrected. . . ) care more about the track then supports. And also, by no means am I "new". I've been into coasters since I was 4 and knex since I was 8. I may not be an expert at knex, but I know I'm very experienced when it comes to coaster knowledge.

And just to get my point across, I'm not trying to get on anyone's bad side, I'm trying to give the kid advice on how to make his coaster better track wise, considering personally, I'm not good with supports. I'm done.

Peace.

Posted Image
Valleyfair's Most Comprehensive Online Guide!

Dude... Really? Now you're giving Guitarist a reason to post...

#20 PlanetSaturn56

PlanetSaturn56

Rockin' your world.

• 2391 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:39 PM

Renegade...you got OWNED!

Having fun at other people's expense