• 125 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:26 PM

It has been slowed down.

#4 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:46 PM

Nice station and restraints, it's cool but somewhat unrealistic. But it's still better than anythine else out there, for sure.

#5 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:01 PM

Nice station and restraints, it's cool but somewhat unrealistic. But it's still better than anythine else out there, for sure.

Amazing. I am on a Knex site and someone critiques this model as being "unrealistic". The irony is unbelievable.

#6 knexems

knexems

Aminspec Employee

• 887 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:12 PM

Are you saying our models are unrealistic?

Posted Image]

Posted Image

Posted Image <---If only...

#7 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:22 PM

This is a loaded question. LOL.
Since we are all talking in relative terms here, I suppose all models posess a finite degree of realism. However, there can be no denying that certain models are more or less realistic than others.
Let's put it this way...I don't see real life parks commissioning you to build REALISTIC models of their new rides.

#8 Jplaz

Jplaz

Metaphysical Prophet

• 2776 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:26 PM

What spectrum probably means is the layout is unrealistic.

(I assume this because everything else is very realistic...)

Posted Image

#9 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:34 PM

The model must be easy to build, inexpensive to manufacture, and reliable. This limits the layout design. Of course, as with Knex, you are free to build any design you can imagine with optional parts. We are catering to the vast majority of the public who neither know what a "proper" layout looks like, nor care. There is no denying it is a roller coaster to them, and that is all that counts.
By the way, look for this in stores in the not too distant future for under $100!

#10 fantom

fantom

Screaming!

• 1745 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:42 PM

It's really going to be in stores? Any list for which ones if yes?

Xbox GT: xxwarlordxx11
Posted Image

Posted Image

PM ME PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON ADDING MY GAMERTAG!

#11 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:37 PM

It's a nice model you have there. The colors are nice and the trains look great. It's also an improvement since it has a station.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#12 Sheikra_rocks

Sheikra_rocks

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:11 PM

WOW!

Under a hundred bucks?! That's cheaper than Serpent was when it came out.....

you guys need to broaden your horizons...LOL

#13 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

Sarcasm, people...

It is really realistic. He's right though, the people who will be buying this and other CD models probably aren't roller coaster experts...

#14 Sheikra_rocks

Sheikra_rocks

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:13 PM

You see, the thing about sarcasm is, YOU CAN'T READ IT ON A FORUM.

#15 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:52 PM

That coaster is awesome! Why don't you guys make trains for knex? I would buy all of them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#16 coastergeekrtc

coastergeekrtc

A God Among Users

• 2653 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:33 PM

Same reason that Knex stopped making SS and RR sets...NO DEMAND! Some of you guys just don't think before typing.

steelspectrum, I realize you said your post contained sarcasm but it was quite dumb. Everyone here makes great coasters that are shaped well and designed realistically but the parts are still Knex. You can notice the parts are not found on a real coaster. Granted we have come up with ways to mask that fact with tube supports, catwalks, stations, and chain guides, but it's still all constructed from toy parts. At least the CD system uses parts that resemble those on real coasters. I'm not saying one set is better than the other but you guys apply such bais views when comparing the two sets.

Both are great. If you can afford the CD system it's a great model. I understand that many of you are too young to have lots of money to spend but that doesn't mean you have to bash CD. To each his own.

• RCT2123 likes this
*Insert signature here*

#17 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:38 AM

I could only imagine my OTSR dropping over me right before I go up the chain lift...

From what I have heard from CD modelers this set will help with realism and convince so kudos to you guys. May not be realistic but it looks great...

Kind of funny that we are talking to the creator of CD now that I think about it...

-Rct2123:cool:

Posted Image

#18 coastergeekrtc

coastergeekrtc

A God Among Users

• 2653 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:14 AM

It's more sound to have little to no moving parts at such a small scale. I could foresee many problems with the mechanical linkage needed to move the restraints up and down while the train was stopped in the station.

You have to see where the CDStaff are coming from...they wanted a cheap model without sacrificing realism. Most customers don't have the nitpicking approach like "coaster enthusiasts" do. It's just sad that when the staff advertises their product to us, the group that you would think should be most supportive, we point out the negative.

*Insert signature here*

#19 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:22 AM

The only thing i see that is unrealistic is the flat turns. I know there at 22* or something but I think they should have been banked abit more. I'm not saying this model sucks or anything so don't go crazy from this post. The model looks good and I hope to get one when it comes out.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#20 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:13 AM

Pardon my ignorance for CD, but will this track be compatible with the Scorpion track?