#21 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:16 AM

^Yes.

word2 word3 word4 word5

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#22 coastergeekrtc

coastergeekrtc

A God Among Users

• 2653 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:33 PM

The only thing i see that is unrealistic is the flat turns. I know there at 22* or something but I think they should have been banked abit more. I'm not saying this model sucks or anything so don't go crazy from this post. The model looks good and I hope to get one when it comes out.

I understand that. It's just much harder to make a mold of banked track. It can be done, but that would sacrifice the cost of the model. It's more expensive to cut a more complex mold.

*Insert signature here*

#23 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

I was simply stating the experience would be frightening...

-Rct2123:cool:

Posted Image

#24 coastergeekrtc

coastergeekrtc

A God Among Users

• 2653 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:07 PM

Yea, I'm not really attacking you. At least you have a good head on your shoulders...and you use it.

*Insert signature here*

#25 Sheikra_rocks

Sheikra_rocks

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:57 PM

^^ what about coasters such as Racer at KI who's turn isn't that banked....
Or other coasters in real life that have turns like that. I mean, the invisible people on the trains AREN'T going to complain or sue you for whiplash.

#26 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

This model looks great, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

As simple as that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1|Tatsu 2|KK 3|Montu 4|Medusa 5|Kumba 6|Nitro 7|Goliath 8|Goliath 9|DD:F 10|Excalibur

#27 DeAzncy

DeAzncy

Lead Engineer

• 1389 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:27 PM

dam this model looks GREAT. but i am kind of hesitating to buy it because when i got the Scorpion set and when it arrived at my home, the spines were lopsided and the ties didnt go all the way in... i was going to complain to CD, but i didnt think they would really replace it or anything, so i didnt send them a message :(
Now, i cleaned up my Scorpion because it wouldnt make the full circuit(spine problem) and it is in its box now...

Posted Image

^Thnx CC10^

#28 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:03 PM

The spine should not affect the ability of the model to function. Can you send us pictures or samples? Obviously, if there is an issue we will make it right. Although I have not heard of the problem you are describing.

#29 DeAzncy

DeAzncy

Lead Engineer

• 1389 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:36 AM

Every time i try to push the ties in, they just pop back out like it looks in the picture... and it does affect how the coaster runs because the spine also does not fully connect to the supports making the shaping incorrect, causing it to lose speed. also, when the coaster runs through the course,(there never has been a successful run through the whole circuit) the ties tend to come off the spine and the trains just fall along with the rail and ties...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

^Thnx CC10^

#30 Loop De Loop

Loop De Loop

Entry Engineer

• 849 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:31 AM

What stores and when will be selling it?

Also when will it be for sale on your site?

Posted Image

^^^^Thanks Airdog^^^^

TOP TEN
Top Thrill Dragster
Incredibul Hulk
Mellenium force
Maverick
Mantis
Maginum XL200
Flight Deck
Wicked Twister
Raptor
Beast

#31 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:34 PM

Ahh nice video, I wás going to buy it, but now I actually see how the restraints open and close, it kinda made me lose my interest. I was going to buy it because of the cool buttons in the station, but it was kinda disappointing to see how it worked. Maybe if I'll have the money I'll go for a scorpion instead... Maybe...

(Off topic question, why is the Dragon model and the Scorpion model so expensive compared to the Phoenix model? Is it because of the flexible parts? Sorry if I sound like a donkey's behind.
And I just noticed there is an online store in Germany that sells CD too.)

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:36 PM

^It's less expensive because yes, there are molded parts, less bases and less expensive cars. A scorpion would be a better choice even then, it has more parts and you can fully customize it as opposed to the phœnix.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1|Tatsu 2|KK 3|Montu 4|Medusa 5|Kumba 6|Nitro 7|Goliath 8|Goliath 9|DD:F 10|Excalibur

#33 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:06 PM

Ahh nice video, I wás going to buy it, but now I actually see how the restraints open and close, it kinda made me lose my interest. I was going to buy it because of the cool buttons in the station, but it was kinda disappointing to see how it worked. Maybe if I'll have the money I'll go for a scorpion instead... Maybe...

(Off topic question, why is the Dragon model and the Scorpion model so expensive compared to the Phoenix model? Is it because of the flexible parts? Sorry if I sound like a donkey's behind.
And I just noticed there is an online store in Germany that sells CD too.)

Why are the opening restraints a disappointment? This is the only model I have ever seen that even has them. Despite the fact that they are not "scale" in operation, they DO work. You need to weigh your expectations against what is possible in a scale model and also what is currently available. Truly, this feature of the Phoenix gets the most praise from people who see it operate.
The Scorpion and Dragon have trains with 42 and 48 metal wheels respectively. The Phoenix has 14. The bases on the Phoenix are 1/5 the size of the other kits. The lift mechanism is completely different and the Phoenix is battery powered instead of AC transformer powered.

^It's less expensive because yes, there are molded parts, less bases and less expensive cars. A scorpion would be a better choice even then, it has more parts and you can fully customize it as opposed to the phœnix.

I'm not really sure how many different ways I can say that the Phoenix is ALSO FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE. It uses the SAME TRACK as the Scorpion. Just because it has molded pieces does not make it less versatile. The expansion packs will be cheaper for the Phoenix too, so I cannot really recommend the Scorpion unless you really want an inverted.

#34 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:24 PM

^I do know all that. Just put it that way. Someone wants to do custom layouts and want to buy one set. With a scorpion you have a better train and all the track is flexible. And you have full bases. I don't see how I can do custom layouts on the pheonix's bases beside the layout of the instruction.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#35 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:36 PM

Well the restraints were a slight disappointment to me because I expected them to work slightly different. The track lay-out wasn't really my choice either.

Though the expansion kits being less expensive makes me reconsider the options. It really depends if I can disconnect the station and the lift into 2 separate pieces since you said that they use a different "method".
Do the Phoenix trains work on the Scorpion's lift too?

Its getting hard for me to make my choices, the list of things I want is growing and the money is slowly running out.

What is your advice, buy a Scorpion with an extra Hyper train, or should I go for a Phoenix? If I ever get my hands on CD I'm looking forward to building a hyper.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:13 PM

I would wait for the Phoenix. The lift can be detatched from the station easily. Sitdown trains can be made to work on the Scorpion lift, but it requires minor modification.

#37 Sheikra_rocks

Sheikra_rocks

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:30 AM

^^if you dn't modify the lift just right you can ruin the lift track. This is why you should wait for the Phoenix...

#38 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:08 PM

Thanks for the answers, I'm getting really pumped up! I'm just curious about the transition from the station to the lift, can you provide me with a picture of it?

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:31 PM

^
Posted Image

The lift and station are all on the same spring.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#40 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:11 PM

I don't see why you guys are complaining about the restraints. I think they're brilliant.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter