#1 Minebuster vs #2 Oasis

coaster foot hyper iggfish unamed

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Which model is better?

Which model is better?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:49 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself BGT. Something i wish a lot of the currently active members would understand is that those rides back then, while not perfect, were creative, fun and original...everybody built what they wanted and a few great coasters surfaced to the top. Now oasis is basically the face of SSC, but it's not as respected as it used to be because it doesn't live up to today's standards (although, to be honest, i think it's pretty close). But whatever, Oasis squeaked by. I'm sorry Ephy, minebuster was a great coaster, but sitting back and looking at it, Oasis was the one that should have gone through.

-CC10

SSCoasters Staff | The SSCoasters Forum Rules
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign | Computer Science & Mathematics
Posted Image
Fireball | Kingda Ka | Inclination | Diamondback

#22 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:07 AM

^^Being a baseball guy myself I totally agree. It's just I wasn't around to see those coasters be build. And todays standard are set really high if you think about it. Members like SFGAmguitarist are being bashed for making a un smooth coaster. But if it was 4 years ago it would be considerd a good coaster. What I'm saying is. Me joining 4 months ago I have learned that if my coasters aren't smooth they aren't good. I guess I didn't consider how it was back then.

MP

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#23 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:33 AM

The problem is that you guys will always put any older model that was good for its time ahead of any fantastic model now. If we are going to leave "legacies" behind today then we're going to have to start putting real engineering into our models, which pretty well everyone on this site has no clue of how to do on any level. I've been taking time now to attempt to do it, but there's no guarantee.

Posted Image

#24 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:41 PM

^Sorry, but it sounds like your just mad that you lost.

I think I voted for minebuster, this was close.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#25 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:46 PM

^Sorry, but it sounds like your just mad that you lost.

I think I voted for minebuster, this was close.

Did I ask for your opinion? Speak when spoken to.

Posted Image

#26 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:58 PM

Did I ask for your opinion? Speak when spoken to.

Haha, sig'd.

But yeah, being old doesn't automatically make something better. Only if there is some characteristic that comes out and bites you in the ass. For example venom, which is like perfect. (I'm suprised it didn't end up on the top 64.)

#27 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:28 AM

I think the only people that can truly appreciate Oasis were the ones that were here when it was being made along with Hendrix Park. I, for one, was not and understand that it was great. But I really cannot say that I liked it more than Minebuster because I am just hearing all of this greatness through older members and some pictures. I think that should go for everyone of the newer members here, too. Sure, maybe it was the model that got you to SSC, but I truly think you can't really appreciate the ride unless you were present during "Old School SSC". That is why I voted for Minebuster. Plus, Buster (ha) was just an overall spectacular model.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#28 DeAzncy

DeAzncy

Lead Engineer

• 1389 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:49 PM

wow, the competition was extremely close o.O

Posted Image

^Thnx CC10^