cottage cheese ice cream pb&j yay

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:52 AM

This thread is for any of the requests we get, and to discuss ideas for them.

Once we get a new request, it will be posted below. When it is fulfilled, it will be taken off the list.

Current Requests:
NONE! (0)

And now... we play the waiting game.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Finished Requests: TWELVE! (12)

Gilgamesh - FINISHED! - Picture - SENT!

Coaster55's dueling invert/sitdown - FINISHED! - No pictures, but still SENT!

Millcreek47's Compact Hyper - FINISHED! - Well, it's a WIP, so it's finished for us, at least.

Im2fast4you's Small Woodie - FINISHED! - Picture - SENT!

Knexems' Dueling Blitzcoasters - FINISHED! - Picture - SENT!

NitroDude319's Intamin Looper - FINISHED! - Picture - SENT!

Stεεlspectrum's Leviathan - FINISHED! - Picture - SENT!

KCB Design's Hyper Layout - FINISHED! - Picture - SENT!

griffon14's Hybrid Woodie - Picture - SENT!

KCK's Looper - FINISHED! - Sent by Millcreek

Energizer - FINISHED! - Picture - SENT!

NitroDude319's Volcano Looper - FINISHED! - Picture - SENT!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Coaster Count: 79

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#2 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

alright, Griffon14 asked us to do a layout with gilgamesh pic(?). I'm guessing that he wants us to finish the layout for him.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1|Tatsu 2|KK 3|Montu 4|Medusa 5|Kumba 6|Nitro 7|Goliath 8|Goliath 9|DD:F 10|Excalibur

#3 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:04 PM

Posted Image

He's got about ten 3D connectors left. That's a problem...

So, what I'm thinking is to finish up that inclined half loop with it untwisting towards the lift and then a 540* semi-upwards helix into the brakes. Not a lot of up-and down in the helix, like it's almost flat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

Posted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#4 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:40 PM

Yeah that would be good, dunno about the connectors though, he will have to use them whatever the layout is.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1|Tatsu 2|KK 3|Montu 4|Medusa 5|Kumba 6|Nitro 7|Goliath 8|Goliath 9|DD:F 10|Excalibur

#5 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:24 AM

My next coaster will be a dueling coaster between an invert and a sitdown, and I can't think of a good layout for it. The layout needs to have a zero g roll on both the invert and the sitdown as preferably the second element. The zero g rolls need to be perpendicular to each other though, and about as far into the layout as the other so they duel as well as possible. The invert needs to have atleast 6 main elements. The sitdown needs to have a helix towards the end of the ride, maybe into the brakes.

If it works with the layout, have a turning drop like Dominator at KI or something else unique for the sitdown. And if you can, make the inverts drop like Katun's. If you can only get one of the drops like that, change the sitdowns and keep the inverts like Katun's. The layouts can't be too long, but with maybe 2 dueling elements.

Sorry for so many specifics, if anything needs to be changed I don't mind.

Thanks,
Coaster55
Aminspec

Just for an idea of what the lift looks like,
Posted Image

Har har, Scylla and Charybdis... just like this one.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

Posted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#6 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:41 PM

Okay, I finally got around to making both of them.

Gilgamesh has just the immelmann and the helix added to it, the rest of the layout is (of course) the same.

http://rapidshare.co...rack.html<br />

Coaster55's duelers are the interesting ones; I built them kind of fast but they came out cool. I couldn't meet all of his specifications, but it seems possible to be built.

http://rapidshare.com/files/239785169/Coaster55_Duelers.nltrack.html

So, coastermaniac, do you think you could upload some pictures of the coasters? My screenshots don't save onto my computer at all, so... yeah. (Not on SSC, on like photobucket or somewhere they can't be found.)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

Posted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#7 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:23 PM

OK dude I don't know how you did the duelers but it's amazing ! I love it.

Hmm but where do I upload the pics ? Here ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:50 AM

Upload them anywhere not on SSC preferably, or else non-company people could see it. But post them in here.

Photobucket works well, and don't you already have a PB account?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

Posted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#9 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:03 PM

Ok, I meant that I needed to show the pics somewhere, I just give you the link to my photobucket album ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:05 PM

Meh, I have it. I have my ways...

Posted Image

D'ya think he's even building it anymore by now?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

Posted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#11 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:57 PM

I don't have a clue.

Send him anyway...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:26 PM

Hey CM, hate to make you my slave, but do you think you can get a few cool shots of the dueling layout for Coaster55? He's starting it soon, and if he doesn't have NoLimits, then he'll need pictures. Sorry, but I still haven't solved the missing screenshots problem.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

Posted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#13 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:25 PM

Okay, nevermind that, (^) I just sent him the coaster. Haven't heard back from him though.

But we have a NEW REQUEST!

Hey Triple Helix,
Iam going to build a SS Hyper in the future but i can't
design a good compact layout. You have a company that make's layouts so i want to ask you if you can make a cool compact layout for a hyper for me. I can send you a picture of the room that i have.

Thank you,
-Ricbun.

So, we can either wait for him to send us a picture, or I can be a stalker and post how much room he has. (Okay, so I decided to be a stalker, whatever...)

Posted Image

He has about this much room unless he moved somewhere else. So, any layout ideas/suggestions would be great.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

Posted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#14 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:28 PM

How about a expedition GeForce turn into a nitro-like layout. I'm in a hurry right now but I'll work on it on NL tonight.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 Millcreek47

Millcreek47

BANNED

• 1186 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:53 PM

Hey guys, before i put this in a thread I want to make sure i have the best possible layout with my pieces and space. I have one in mind, but feel free to make suggestions.

I am building a B&M hyper which starts out with a dropping helix from the station into the drill lift that carries it up to the max height of 4 ft 7 in. From there, it drops 50 Inches and coasts down a towering 3ft 7in helix and flies over half of a camelback. And thats where I am now.

Pic: Blue: 90*turning drop 90*rising hill into Red: MCBR into Green: downward 270* helix into Blue: rising turn into station breaks.

Anyone know whats wrong with photobucket? its not transferring the pic for me. so i had to do it like this. blame everything on photobucket...

Posted Image
(Sig under construction)

-----XBL Gamertag - I were Speshul-----

Top 5: Time Machine, The Incredible Hulk, Goliath, Dueling Dragons, Georgia Scorcher

#16 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:48 PM

^It looks awesome right now!... but it's really hard to see. It sort of reminds me of Rollerdude's wooden coaster with the downwards helix thing.

Anyways, did you try putting the Direct Link in [IMG] brackets? That should work if it's uploaded on photobucket.

Oh, and you could probably make the layout a little longer, but I have no idea how many more pieces you have and I'd really like to see the full-sized picture.

How about a expedition GeForce turn into a nitro-like layout. I'm in a hurry right now but I'll work on it on NL tonight.

Okay, hope to see it soon (unless you forgot about it, lol).

Speaking of not forgetting that request, well, don't forget Ricbun's hyper request.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

Posted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#17 Millcreek47

Millcreek47

BANNED

• 1186 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:35 PM

^yeah. im thinking about entering it into the MOTY, if i get another SS. if I do, i will have enough pieces to do another 2 possibly 3 elements. I guess I can say that we as ID are sponsoring this?

And yeah, i tried using the [insert image] button, but the link is broken or something.

Posted Image

There we go! Please excuse my horrible drawings...

Posted Image
(Sig under construction)

Top 5: Time Machine, The Incredible Hulk, Goliath, Dueling Dragons, Georgia Scorcher

#18 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:56 AM

Yep, ID would be sponsoring it. I think.

So, if you want to make it a bit longer, I drew an equally bad drawing.

Posted Image

The purple is pretty much your blue turn extended under the lift where it comes up to the light blue airtime hill, and down into the blue right turn that goes into the MCBR. After that, it does the 270*-ish pink helix down into a brown airtime hill and into the brakes.

Actually, if you can, you might want to make the light blue hill a buckel that goes to the left over the pullout of the 540*-ish downwards helix, or under the half-hill you've already built.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

Posted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#19 Millcreek47

Millcreek47

BANNED

• 1186 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:32 AM

^ i really like that idea. Do you think I could do that with one set? I hope i get another set before the deadline ends. I have a baseball game and family coming over for father's day (that reminds me i still have to get him something...grr...), so I wont be able to start the thread til late tonight or tomarrow.

Thanks

Posted Image
(Sig under construction)

#20 Millcreek47

Millcreek47

BANNED

• 1186 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:03 AM

Ok I got it! Drop, Turn, Hill, Buckle to the right, Sharp turn under that hill rise to mcbr under 1st camelback turn, then bunny hills to station

Posted Image
(Sig under construction)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cottage cheese, ice cream, pb&amp;j, yay