• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:56 AM

First, let's critique this park:

Layout- I hope you had gotten yourself a map because this layout in my opinion was awful. My family was going around in circles! And we had a map!! I think what made this happen was that you could not see anything in the distance/horizon because there were trees everywhere that blocked off vision. Also, nothing seemed to be connected enough. The different places seemed too distant from each other and it was just a long walk to each attraction in a different area. And there was no true direct route to those attractions, it always seemed you had to make a huge "U" instead of a somewhat straight line.

Signs- yes, there were signs of where to go, but there didnt seem to be enough of them. Sometimes the signs would point to a fork in the path, and you would have no idea which one to go to. And of course, you couldn't see where either of them led.

"Quick Queues" (fast lane)- okay I just frickin hate those. enough said.

Here's some things I liked:

Ride efficiency- some stations were dual-loading stations, which seemed to double the speed of some lines. Except for Gwazi. I have no idea why that was so slow.

Other attractions: attractions other than rides, games, and food, were actually really cool. They had animals nearly everywhere that you could look at while on your way to other rides. Elephants, zebras, alligators, it basically was a zoo. That always adds to the park experience. Lights were really awesome to see at night time, especially they had a light show choreographed to highly bass-filled Christmas music. X'D

Now let's talk about the rides!

Gwazi- took this sign way too lightly. I waited an hour to ride this ride. I rode it with a headache, and got a worse head ache. But the ride was so fun!
Posted Image

Kumba- Fantastic ride! One of the best out there, although I would like to ask the people who have ridden it. Does the zero-g-roll go that fast on other rides? I found it to be super quick...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Montu- Super awesome invert. Rode it twice with very short waits. The very back seat had some sick whiplash.
Posted Image

Sheikra- Cool concept, but I thought that the ride could have been better. It seemed that the only cool part of it were the drops. The elements after those weren't that great and I thought the layout was cut pretty short also.
Posted Image

Scorpion- Waited an hour for his ride. The ride was okay, but it obviously wasn't for a major thrill.
Posted Image

Falcon's Fury- Got in line. 20 minutes. Breaks down. Got in line. 20 minutes. Broke down again. Then we had to leave the park.
I could have ridden it earlier in the day, but I kept pushing it off until later and eventually didn't even get to ride it because I was wimpy.

Cheetah Hunt- Cool concept and a fun ride. Super long wait for the whole day, so it was difficult to find a time to ride it.

Ride count:
Falcon's Fury-0
Kumba-7
Montu-2
Scorpion-1
Sheikra-2
Gwazi-1
Cheetah Hunt-1

Overall for the park- 9/10

Edited by Mister Piglette, 01 January 2015 - 11:00 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#2 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:09 AM

If you think BGT is bad, go to Alton Towers. The rides are so far apart and a couple of my brother's friends got completely lost in the gardens down a valley. You have to go round the entire park just to get from Rita to Air and Nemesis, or take a slow sky ride which always seems to have an hour long queue. You're just as well walking. But at least the rides are worth it, as they are here.

edit: Oh my God, look at this place on Google earth. It has rides and landscaping and everything.

Edited by CW5X, 01 January 2015 - 11:13 AM.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#3 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:21 PM

Definitely see why you got 7 rides on Kumba. It seems that it and Montu always have relatively short queues, and theyre the better rides in the park.

I can see how you got lost a few times, but after going there countless times, it is just natural for me to know where to go. :P

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bobbyjackt, finally, instructions, rippin rocket, yay