car design custom paint

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 iam2fast4u

iam2fast4u

No Brakes = Louder Horn

• 205 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:37 PM

I think that maybe someone should get a small block of balsa wood, I might even do this myself, and carve it into a coaster car maybe using a dremmel or something, paint it and attach wheels from the SS Cars to them, I mean instead of molding or whatever , we can use the wood, it would already weight the cars, and you can have endless car design possibilitys with different shapes and sizes such as a TTD Car or an actual inverted car, and you can carve out channels to reduce the weight or add weights to them, you can also paint them how ever you want! Any comments, things to add, etc?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks ~stεεlspectrum~
Posted Image
Believe in the Impossible

#2 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:20 PM

If you are willing to do all that, that would be awesome, especially for the invert cars.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image
Intimidator305, El Toro, Maverick, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Top Thrill Dragster

#3 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:46 PM

That would be a lot of work, but if you did it nicely, it would be really cool. It would be even cooler if you could make them using a 3d printer.

#4 iam2fast4u

iam2fast4u

No Brakes = Louder Horn

• 205 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:33 PM

Yeah I may get a few blocks of balsa and maybe experiment a little with the dremmel and maybe use my old ss car wheels this weekend if I have the time :) what kind or style car should I attempt first?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks ~stεεlspectrum~
Posted Image
Believe in the Impossible

#5 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:36 PM

an invert would be cool ether that or a dive machine.

Then you can build the best dive machines ever or inverts..

That would be hard I was going to do this too but after I made the first one I would make a mold for it and make home made plastic.

#6 Little Kuriboh

Little Kuriboh

ωτς

• 486 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:38 PM

I dont know where your going with this but all i can tell is you want to make some invert/drop coaster cars. I share your feelings to about them. Gl if your trying to make one.

#7 big builder145

big builder145

Build'n Big

• 384 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:56 PM

I will have access to a 3D printer and auto-cad/inventor, (a computer program that you design the cars or what ever you wont on then send that to the 3D printer witch makes that a model of what you designed) once i enroll in my schools engineering program, but I'm not shore I will be up to the job it is really time consuming.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music copy and paste this into your sig.

#8 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:19 PM

I was going to do this for woodie cars.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#9 pimiboj

pimiboj

the biggest coaster nOOb

• 19 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:11 AM

why not the car of the coaster ''x''?
i pretty like that ones, but it's very hard to make and it costs a lot of time.
XD

#10 Millcreek47

Millcreek47

BANNED

• 1186 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:06 PM

That would be a lot of work, but if you did it nicely, it would be really cool. It would be even cooler if you could make them using a 3d printer.

That would cost over $5000 for one train...but nice idea...lol

Posted Image
(Sig under construction)

-----XBL Gamertag - I were Speshul-----

Top 5: Time Machine, The Incredible Hulk, Goliath, Dueling Dragons, Georgia Scorcher

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: car design, custom, paint