dessert hawk fraggie hyper tube supports

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 BBaller347

BBaller347

Mile Record - 4:31

• 973 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:54 PM

Looks great to me. The only thing I can nitoic is the drop after the camel-back looks a tad straight. Maybe not even a tad, I just can't think of a word that means smaller than that:). The hammerhead is a great idea. In the picture, it got cut off. Is that all you have done of it?

By the way - Your SS train is so beastly! How long did that take to paint?

#22 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:00 PM

why is nobody replying? anyway, i have a question. how do you connect 3 or 4 tube supports in the same spot? like on jogumpie's speed o' fear, the helix thing after the buckel, how do you connect more than one tube supportin one spot. here is his picture, but i cant tell how he did it.
Speed o' Fear - SSCoasters Model Gallery

#23 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:46 PM

that's a tough one.you could make a short tube coming out of the ground and connect them all on one of the rods sticking up with a hinge.

#24 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:05 PM

You should make stronger footers, like the ones gump made. You may not even need any horizontal tubes then.
Posted Image

I don't how gump made the connection with the four tubes. You should experiement with it and see what you can come up with.

Posted Image

Valleyfair Recres:..........My Tutorials:......

................Steel Venom................Automatic Station Gates.......

..........Corkscrew...................Automatic Drill Launch....

...Round About................Auto on/off switch..

#25 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:54 PM

ok here is the hammerhead. the second half is not done but i just wanted to check the shaping. i am going to add latteral supports to the back and sides of the hammerhead. here are the pictures.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
here is what i am plannig with the supports.
Posted Image
please comment.

#26 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:08 PM

That looks great. If it doesn't shake, you should keep the supports the way they are, it looks good. If it does though, you can add laterals. Good job, I can't wait to see what's next!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#27 Mikecoastermaniac

Mikecoastermaniac

Where'd He Go?

• 1770 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:50 PM

I don/t see why you guys think that the black/orange ladder supports are weak, I really think the other ones are by far weaker. Because, even though they are connected to the ground the are only connected by the small white rods. Where as the ladders are connected directly into the granite rod pushing it into the ground, giving you more strength, and they are directly conneted to the support. As the white rods levitate the support off the ground connected to the white star, and the white rods have more a change popping out of the white connector.

Just my opinion, but it looks great fraggie.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Watch My Coasters!

http://youtube.com/u...CoasterCreation

MaXair732865 (9:31:57 PM): seriously, i need a really compact layout
TehMike23 (9:32:07 PM):drop, loop, diveloop, zero-g, up into break run, helix..
MaXair732865 (9:32:12 PM): im not going to post this, dont worry
TehMike23 (9:32:15 PM): cockscrew, then station
MaXair732865 (9:32:28 PM): cockscrew? what the hell is that?
MaXair732865 (9:32:44 PM): sexuall? Innuendo much?
MaXair732865 (9:32:55 PM): Dang
TehMike23 (9:33:06 PM): ahahahah

My Top 5 Coasters
1-Maverick
2-Top Thrill Dragster
3-Millenium Force
4-Griffon
5-Apollos Chariot

#28 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:14 AM

^but when they're on orange connectors there's a lot of lateral motion ,unless you have the support coming off the same angle as the track then it's stronger.

Mostly I just don't like how a big fat tube is on 2 skinny little legs.

wow that will be a lot of tubes I don't think you need most of them in fact maybe just one really looks necessary... Oh the one on the pull out/in that goes horizontal between each pull in/out.

Edit: oh yeah shaping is awesome my man!

#29 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:39 PM

ok, i finished the hammerhead and will get pictures when i have the next hill started. and thanks for the comments!

#30 VV Khan

VV Khan

HI!

• 1673 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:44 PM

This actually looks incredible, well done.

+-+ VV Khan +-+
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Rollerdude!^

[acexxaced] 8:03 pm: why couldnt suzy tide a bike?
[acexxaced] 8:03 pm: *ride
[VV Khan] 8:03 pm: dunno
[RollerBoaster] 8:03 pm: She broke her leg
[acexxaced] 8:03 pm: because she had no legs
[Jplaz] 8:03 pm: shes a woman

Jplaz = Win.

All the cool kids have cancer.

#31 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:18 PM

ok, i have a question, do you think i should just do a speed hill over the supportsfor the first hill? just have the train go really fast over it and not have it go really high? what do you think?

#32 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:03 PM

No, have the hills be as high as possible. This is tube supports, they probably couldn't handle the speed, and they would lose speed.

#33 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:39 PM

update. i just went ahead and finished the hill. this is basically as high as it can go because it loses a lot of speed in the hammerhead. i am going to add a few lateral supports to that to try and preserve some speed. but i dont know what to do next. i have a picture of the space i have but i want it to stay compact. if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to sy them. anyways, heres the pictures.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

i just had an idea. what if i move the lateral supports for the first hill to the other side and have either an mcbr or two hills instead of one big one?
Pease comment!

#34 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:33 PM

That looks really nice. I'd like to see a more interesting layout though...maybe you could make a MCBR next, with a turning drop under the lift? Some stengel dives and/or helixes would be nice too.

#35 Ccron10

Ccron10

Skyrush Track Watcher

• 95 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:52 PM

Depending on how much speed is left on the trains, you could possibly add another bunny hill, but have it interact with the supports. You could have it leap over the first and second lateral supports, start dropping through the biggest lateral support and go just below the last two supports. It would add a good headchopper effect.

#36 BBaller347

BBaller347

Mile Record - 4:31

• 973 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:05 PM

Looks amazing! I say after the last camel-back, make a hill or buckel-type element over the first drop's pullout.

#37 Ricbun

Ricbun

Sideswipe

• 219 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 04:33 AM

I think you shall make the hill that you have now make there the max hight that you can and then a rising turn over the first drop's pull out in a MCBR, and maybe then a 270* turning drop out of the MCBR in some hill's or helix's.

Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~stεεlspectrum~ The man.

Under construction: Emperor (looper)

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music copy and paste this into your sig.

My coasters

Thread Cross Wood Video

#38 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:31 PM

ok, i made a helix. tell me what you think.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
overview:
Posted Image
Please comment!

#39 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:55 PM

That looks awesome! I can't believe I've been missing this! Does it have much speed left after the helix? Video?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#40 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:24 PM

^it has very little speed, i am just turning into the station. and no tests videos until the very end when it is a complete circuit.