dumbass gay give up noob hyper idiot learn to spell. recreation sonic stupid

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 spooffa

spooffa

Seagulls like grapefruit

• 447 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:24 AM

I pretty sure Carowinds is getting a new coaster and I wanted to hear what you guys think its going to be. At the park, there are signs where they are building it that say ' Record Breaking. History Making. 8/26/09'.

http://parkthoughts..../07/3196025.jpg

I think this is when they are going to announce it. Than there is a big steel box in the pavillion by Chick-fil-a. It makes dragster/racecar noises. I was thinking it was a launched because of this.

http://www.thecoaste...ighting2010.jpg

But than I found this.

http://www.themepark...ds-idea_297.jpg

Im not sure right now, but I want to hear what you guys think it will be.

SCREW THE WORLD!!!

#2 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:36 AM

That's pretty convincing. Also, apparently something is going to be record breaking on my birthday.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image
Intimidator305, El Toro, Maverick, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Top Thrill Dragster

#3 iggfish123

iggfish123

0+0=0

• 1158 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:48 AM

I guess it could be real. Although it looks a ton like Diamondback if I'm not mistaking.

FF.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/IggFish123

Nothing turns a girl on more than telling them you are in a company on K'nex website 

#4 spooffa

spooffa

Seagulls like grapefruit

• 447 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:54 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention that that on that steel box thing, it said 'Coming Spring 2010' amd 'Approval: IZ12ENUFF'. I though that it was going to be a launch with twelve inversoins (record) and they were going to call it White Lightnin' like the old one.

http://rcdb.com/id667.htm

SCREW THE WORLD!!!

#5 APD1207

APD1207

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:56 AM

splashdown pool is that

do you get wet??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:25 AM

It says "Lightning really does strike twice" yet everything else points towards it being nascar themed. Strange.

And no doubt it's true. I really don't think they would make a large land clearing and put in B&M footers for it not to be anything.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#7 MFFreak

MFFreak

President Of Sentamin

• 275 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:28 AM

That looks ALOT like Diamondback....
Colors and all.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 spooffa

spooffa

Seagulls like grapefruit

• 447 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:18 AM

^^ Yeah, you can see them on the observation tower. I don't know right now what its going to be exactly.

^ A little too much...

SCREW THE WORLD!!!

#9 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:22 AM

I will bet anything that that's a fan made picture. The layout is so much shorter than Diamondback especially after the MCBR, and DB is only 2 feet longer than a mile. Plus if this is only 200 feet tall, it loses length of the vertical climbs that DB has. Plus its 2 pictures put together, and Carowinds and Cedar Fair would definitely have ride renderings if showing to the public.

As for the ride itself, I'm 99% sure it will be a B&M hyper, probably more similar to Behemoth than Diamondback. Theme wise though, the "Lightning Strikes Twice" was the first hint of a theme a while ago, and now more recently, the racing theme showed up. So I'm not sure what a name and theme would be, but I'm pretty excited for this ride. Too bad KD's Giga takes some hype away from this.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#10 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:51 PM

Maybe they could incorporate Lightning and Racing into one.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta

#11 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:13 PM

DP, but...

IIS7

Ok, I'm not sure if this is fake or not but only Carowinds.com could make a sub-domain like this. Either this is more teasing or it's real.

EDIT: And I'm not trying to joke this time.

LAZOR22SIG2.png

#12 SnooSnoo

SnooSnoo

BANNED

• 139 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:54 PM

^And that is intriguing.. but says nothing.

splashdown pool is that

do you get wet??

Only in the backrow.. if you stick your arms out.

Posted Image

#13 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:45 AM

Red B&M Track! Red B&M Track!

LAZOR22SIG2.png

#14 Millcreek47

Millcreek47

BANNED

• 1186 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:47 AM

When in doubt, take out google maps...

And nothing...I'm not familiar with the park boundries, but there is a HUGE forrest north of the park. lol. Anywho, i thought i did see something around Top Gun...or as the kids call it these days "After Burn". Idk why they changed it...top gun was the most beast movie ever...if only they replaced top cruise with arnold schwartzinagor and the chick with megan fox...

Posted Image
(Sig under construction)

-----XBL Gamertag - I were Speshul-----

Top 5: Time Machine, The Incredible Hulk, Goliath, Dueling Dragons, Georgia Scorcher

#15 Pyro

Pyro

mike and his mommy

• 2140 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:42 AM

Look at Goliath, Most of it is in the center of the park, They dont need to clear out land.

#16 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:49 AM

^Goliath is very odd in that aspect though. Almost all hypers either go out away from the park or go right along the outside of the park.

^^That forest isn't that big and is more of a buffer between the park and the surrounding businesses. And satillite maps are usually years behind on pictures. And with the name changes all around the former Paramount parks, Cedar Fair couldn't renew the name usage rights from Paramount after the buyout.

The construction site is on the South Carolina side of the park where the log flume used to be across the midway from Nighthawk. Markers for the coaster are also in place on the edge of the parking lot around Nickelodeon Central (kids area) and extend as far out as the old South entrance of the park by Top Gun.

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#17 spooffa

spooffa

Seagulls like grapefruit

• 447 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:10 AM

I went on Saterday and that little forest is already cleared out.

SCREW THE WORLD!!!

#18 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:14 AM

^ I hope you aren't talking about the one on the north side of the park by Hurler, because there has been nothing over there. That's the forest we were talking about.

SSCoasters Staff

#19 spooffa

spooffa

Seagulls like grapefruit

• 447 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:07 AM

Oh, no. I was talking about the buch of trees by the the Kiddie Train ride. At the top middle.
Carowinds 2010

SCREW THE WORLD!!!

#20 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:45 AM

The land clearing is to the left of the park.

LAZOR22SIG2.png