#1 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:45 PM

Here it is, the first day of the trip!

Toverland

Fun in a nutshell
After a one-hour drive from Gump's house, we arrived at Toverland. Most of the park is still focused on small children, but since the park built Troy, more teenagers and families started visiting the park.

Posted Image
Rhys in the back of ye olde Fiat Panda

Posted Image
An overview of Troy

When we arrived at the park, we immediately went to Troy and had a front seat ride after waiting in the 5 minute queue. The ride was very smooth for a woodie, but it had quite a temper. Troy is a very wild ride with lots of airtime when you least expect it.

Posted Image
Troy's Station Fly-Through

Posted Image
An airtime hill on Troy

Our next ride was Boosterbike, this Vekoma motorbike coaster is a real fun ride, but sadly a bit bumpy and short. The launch was really nice, the restraints didn't stress your body at all and you felt quite free in those special kind of restraints. The bunny hills are especially a lot of fun when you put your hands up in the air and lean back.

Posted Image
A small overview of BoosterBike

Posted Image
The train on a bunnyhill

Afterwards we went to Boomerang, a small indoor kiddie. This coaster had a lot of hang time in the back during the raised turn.

Posted Image
Boomerang

Coaster BINGO!

We went to BoosterBike again, the fun part about these restraints is that you are squeezed by your belly between the motorbike and the restraint, therefore Gump thought it'd be fun to slap Max' restraint an extra click resulting in him having a hard time breathing. Ouch...

Troy had to be ridden another time, so there we go for a backseat ride, which was still smooth, just a lot more wild!

Posted Image
An arty shot of Troy with some theming in the front

Next up was the survival course.
We got up the tower and waited for our turn.
Rhys was up first and failed even to get to the first exercise. Max didn't do a lot better, he came halfway on the first exercise and then decided he would go back. Main reason of his return was that a kid in front of him kept falling on every single exercise. “If I had to wait for him all the time I would trip!”- Max' excuse. (Gump: “Pussy!”)

Posted Image
Gump waiting before he can start an exercise - Smile!

Last up was Gump, he managed to complete the entire course. While he was having fun, Rhys and Max settled down in the grass and took pictures of Gump and Troy.

Posted Image
Gump on an exercise - Hold on mate!

Posted Image
That's one weird support! -Taken while waiting for Gump to finish the course

Posted Image
Knock knock! Let me back in!

Afterwards it was time to get a quick snack, we bought apple pie and a drink.

Posted Image
Mmh, delicious!

Rhys wanted a Slushy and got epic amounts of brain freeze, which would keep returning to him every time he had a Slushy.

Posted Image
Quit laughing guys, this fucking hurts! - Rhys having a Brainfreeze

Also, the employees suck, they failed to add a second apple pie on the ticket, therefore Rhys' was free...

Villa Fiasco drew our attention. It's a fun house with lots of tight squeezes and moving stuff. Had a few good laughs.

We had to do WoudRacer, much like a powered bobsled, it was fun. But we expected more of it because this being the longest queue. Ah well, poor capacity… nothing to do about that.

Rode BoosterBike again, backseat.

Then we did BackStroke, a log flume. Rhys took a nice splash in the face but we all came out pretty wet. How’s that, a bunch of wet guys in a boat? ;)

Posted Image
Nice Splash!

Posted Image
Rhys trying to get a picture of the splash too, instead he ended up being a monkey scratching his ass.

The day was pretty much over and at 5PM we had French Fries. Poor Max was out of money and had to get money from an ATM, which was hard to find. In Holland we get mayonnaise with fries instead of salt and vinegar. We forced Rhys to try mayonnaise on his fries and eat a kroket (lekker lekker). Good stuff, eh? Rhys? (Sorry he's currently throwing up, he'll be back shortly.) (J/k)

The park was about to close so Gump decided to rest a little more before we rode to the hotel near Phantasialand. Meanwhile, Rhys and Max rode BoosterBike twice, again.

Time to go!

Posted Image
Max posing with a souvenir from Troy - A piece of the supports that collapsed during construction.

About an hour drive from Toverland to Brühl where Phantasialand is located. It took us a while to get the keys for the room, but when we got in, the fun started!

Hold tight for the next report!

Edited by Jogumpie, 04 September 2013 - 09:24 AM.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:53 PM

Epicness! Can't wait for the next trip report! :)
Troy was one great coaster to start the trip with.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#3 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:11 PM

Sounds pretty awesome. Troy looks sweet.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#4 NitroDude319

NitroDude319

Compact or Nothing

• 1846 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:25 AM

Wow.... Troy seems like an epic coaster. How do you guys like that motorcycle coaster? That is something we don't have in the US yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 decaxxeca

decaxxeca

just call me Ten

• 974 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:54 PM

^Pony Express Knotts berry farm.... it's not a vekoma but its a motorbike coaster
lol french fries with mayo?? thats weird..... troy looks epic!

Posted Image

#6 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:22 AM

^Yeah, like this:
http://www.amsterdam.../adamfrites.jpg

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#7 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:55 PM

That is disgusting...

-Rct2123:cool:

Posted Image

#8 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:13 PM

So funny how foreigners disgust this great food. xD

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#9 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:39 PM

I personally find mayo on french fries delicious. I also find gravy and cheese(poutine) just as tasty.

This is one of the more interesting reports this website has seen. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#10 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:26 AM

Mayonnaise on fries is fine.. I don't prefer it to ketchup, but it's alright
and Kroket is good.. xD

#11 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:43 PM

I personally find mayo on french fries delicious. I also find gravy and cheese(poutine) just as tasty.

This is one of the more interesting reports this website has seen. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Thanks, as we said all the time during the trip:"We are gonna make the most epic trip report SSC has ever seen!" (BOAST!!!)

Look forward to the next report, currently working on something, but I'll try to find a spot tomorrow.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Pyro

Pyro

mike and his mommy

• 2140 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:08 PM

I think I'm going to be sick...

#13 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:18 PM

What's so sick about this picture?

Makes me hungry!

Edited by Jogumpie, 04 September 2013 - 09:25 AM.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#14 Jplaz

Jplaz

Metaphysical Prophet

• 2776 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

http://moblog.net/me...ing-bacon-4.JPG

Now that, is some good food. The more bacon, the better!!

Posted Image

#15 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:29 PM

http://www.limplace....ies/poutine.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#16 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:45 PM

Phantasialand
Ola Kamboleo!
One of the better parks in the trip. This park doesn't only focus on thrills, but also has a large variety of rides for the people that fancy something less intense. After they built Black Mamba in 2006 they have drawn a lot of attention by coaster enthusiasts. Talocan in 2007 was a neat addition.

Posted Image
Talocan - Scenery

We woke up early by the sound of the hated alarm clock. Had a shower and breakfast, cornflakes and rolls.

Posted Image
The first view we got of Black Mamba after entering the park - photo taken later that day due to lighting.

After breakfast we headed for the park, about 200 meters away from the hotel. We head straight for Black Mamba and got in the queue for the front row and had to wait for about 45 minutes. A real smooth ride and a nice thrill to start the day with!

Posted Image
Tad blurry picture of a corkscrew on Black Mamba

We came along Talocan on the way towards the Winjas and decided to ride this first. It has to be the best topspin ever! Floorless, intense and well themed.

Posted Image
Talocan

Posted Image
The flames erupted every time the people did a full 360* flip

After Talocan we continued the walk to the Winjas. We used the fast-passes we bought at the entrance so we didn't have to wait for the 2, 60 minutes each, humid, poorly ventilated indoor queue. That's 120 minutes saved and a lot of fun!

Posted Image
Due to bad lighting a poor quality shot of one of the Winjas

Posted Image
Strange photo, it looks like the car is going backwards

Next up was Temple of the Nighthawk. An indoor coaster built by Vekoma, bumpy and quite boring. You will not leave this ride without pain.

Then Hollywood Tour an indoor water ride showing scenes from great movies. Afterwards Silber Mine. A themed ride going through mines.

At the gates it said that Mystery Castle was closed, halfway during the day we came across a matrix board that said there was a 30 minute queue. We quickly went to there and had a ride. The queue proved to be a lot longer than 30 minutes though...

Then we did River Quest with the fast-pass too, saving 160 minutes.

Next was Geister Riksha, similar to Silber Mine except Chinese theme and a haunted house.

Posted Image
Colorado Adventure: The Official Michael Jackson Thrill Ride

Up next was the best Vekoma Mine Train ever, Colorado Adventure, nicknamed the Michael Jackson thrill ride, mainly because of the huge amount of small kids there. Lots of Fun!

Posted Image
A nice picture of the train upsidedown!

Posted Image
Shadow of B&M track

We spent our last fast-pass on another Black Mamba front row ride.

Afterwards we bought slushies.

Posted Image
Fucking slushies get your tongue stuck in the straw!

Then we got some Noodles that really make you shit like mad.
Since we where in the Chinese part anyway we decided to do the Madhouse next.

The day was almost over and we decided to go to the Winjas one more time, surprisingly only a 5 minute queue for both of them.

We headed back for the hotel where the Noodles did their job:
Gump went to the toilet first, everything good. Then was Rhys' turn. When Max entered the bathroom he noticed a small layer of water in the toilet regardless he took a dump too and when he tried to flush, the water rose almost over the edge of the toilet. The last hours we spent at the hotel only Max was brave enough to enter the bathroom with the clogged toilet, hence it was his dump anyway.

The next morning a disgusting smell arose from the toilet that was still clogged. We decided to leave a note for the room service:

Posted Image
The note

We didn't report the toilet problem, so we could only imagine and laugh about the employee that had to clean it up.

That was day 2 of the Germany Trip '09

Stay tuned for the next part that takes a surprising turn!

Edited by Jogumpie, 04 September 2013 - 09:26 AM.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:55 PM

You forgot about the WWE on television, the night before Phantasialand!

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#18 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:56 PM

We didn't write shit about that, anyway, Wrestling chicks are hot indeed.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:11 AM

LOL at the toilet... :D

Yeah those WWE chicks were insane O_O

#20 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:51 PM

Klotti + Trouble
Did we really have to go there?
A small park that was the only one on our path towards Holiday Park. Heiße Fahrt opened in 2004 and is a small yet funny coaster.

Posted Image
The park is build on a hill - Klotti

The turd was still there when we left the hotel near Phantasialand. We didn't give a shit though.

Posted Image
Seriously, wtf, a enormous sign spelling EROTIC

The trip to Klotti was about an hour. Unfortunately we hit a traffic jam, and once we got away from it we entered the German hills. Steep roads and sharp turns (without banking, tut tut) were all over the place.

Posted Image
Nice view

After a while we finally reached Klotti and immediately rode the most spectacular coaster of the entire trip, cough. No, it was quite good actually.

Posted Image
Overview

During the day we rode it a couple of times.

Posted Image
Insane downward helix

Posted Image
Weee!

We spent hours feeding the animals and yelling Mr. Bear. We also rode slides and other small attractions.

Posted Image
Is it dead?

Posted Image
Mini and Maxi

We ended our visit to Klotti at the park's restaurant. Eating some good schnitzel.

Posted Image
Time to go...

And then we headed of to Holiday Park. Those crazy German mountain roads!

Posted Image
Hard to see, but yeah, those are hairpin turns!

On the Autobahn we reached a whopping 146 Km/h downhill!

Not much later we got of the road to fill the car up. Trouble... Down at the round-about just before the gas station the engine stalled and refused to start again. We were 500 KM from home...

Posted Image
What the fuck do we do now...

We called the ADAC Pannenhilfe (German Road services) and had to wait for 2 hours before they arrived. Not much later the car was diagnosed. The engine completely destroyed. The 17 year old car went to car heaven.

We got towed away towards the road service garage and had to pay a shit load of money cash. We were towed away again to a public parking spot, where we slept in the broken car...

We had to skip Holiday Park and were almost going to completely give up and head back home. However if we hadn't already bought tickets for Europa Park we really had.

The next day we got up and had some delicious Mac Donalds Breakfast!!

Posted Image
I was joking about the "delicious" part, seriously it looked so much better on the sign!

Posted Image
Seriously, burger, cheese, and egg between 2 American pancakes?

We had a "short" hike to the train station, according to the guy from the road services it was a 500 meter walk, no more. WHAT ABOUT 3 FUCKING KM YOU FUCKING DIPSHIT! /rage

Anyway we arrived at the station.

Posted Image
Waiting, waiting, waiting for the choo choo to arrive!

After 7 hours of traveling by train, which was fairly cheap because we didn't take the ICE. We arrived at the train station near Rust. We called the Gästehaus owner and he promised to pick us up with his car. So polite and he was there soon after. Finally comfort!

We arrived at the hotel, and look what we saw from the balcony!

Posted Image
Is it a man? Is it a machine? NO! It IS SILVERSTAR'S CREST!

The beds were so comfy after that long day traveling and the night in the car, we went to bed right away. This rounds up the 3th and 4th day of the TR!

BONUS MATERIAL!

Edited by Jogumpie, 04 September 2013 - 11:45 AM.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image