Photo TR: Valleyscare Opening Night

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Renegade

Renegade

Valleyfair Poster!

• 323 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 03:20 PM

Hey everyone - I'm just gonna Copy & Paste the TR from Valleyfairzone because writing it took me long enough & I don't really have the energy to re-write it. Also, the usernames are from my site, so if you have no idea who/what I'm talking about (which you probably won't), just ignore it haha.

Valleyscare 2009. I had been waiting for months to finally step through the gates & it finally came. Got to the park a half hour early & there was already a line. That just goes to show how awesome the Haunt really is! A lot of people with coaster shirts were there so the GP crowd was probably minimal, but regardless, I met up with Vfhauntfreak, VF7, r78, and later Neers & we were the first 4 people in the park.

As soon as we got in the gates we immediately went left to gawk at Hellside. It's definitely eye candy from the outside as well as the inside. We then walked back to Wild Thing to get a afternoon ride on that. Trims were on pretty hard but it was fun nonetheless. It was really cool to see how much stuff they had added to the park. Cornstalks everywhere, little ghouls & goblins on top of everything & scattered through out the walkways. They really do a great job with the theming of the park for the Haunt season. After we hit up Wild Thing, we went to Renegade which was pretty good. Tad bit slow, but still rides like a champ. After Renegade, we did High Roller, Corkscrew, Monster, and then . . . Flying Trapeze. Boarding the ride, we all thought it would be just a normal ride, but it wasn't. About halfway through the cycle, we started getting dropped about 3 feet at a time. We would be swinging around and then all of a sudden it felt like the ride bumped down a level or something. It was honestly the scariest experience I've ever had on a ride. We all thought we were going to die! It was absolutely horrifying, and it's safe to say I won't be riding that again.

After that near death experience, we saw Frogwarts Wizarding Academy. It was a decent show, but still, I think they should have switched it out like they did with Dementia/Fangs. After that was over, we walked around a bit more & then it was time for the haunts to begin.

The first Haunt by choice of the VFZ members was most definitely the Asylum, and in true VFZ spirit, we were first in. Since we had 5 people & we wanted it to be terrifying as possible, we split the group up into 2's & 3's for most of the haunts. The Asylum was great! Scary as usual, but not much as changed. That's okay though, because it's a classic (yes I'm saying if a haunt as been here for 4 years it's a classic :D). You'll be able to read my full haunt reviews in my Fright Tour thread.

After the Asylum, we headed over to CarnEvil to get our clown on. The new spinning tunnel cover was pretty cool, but I still think they should add mirrors on either side of the door at the end to magnify the effect. Walked through the maze & it was darker, scarier & also a lot more fun because we know about half the characters :D - Overall a fun experience. After our trip through the BigTop, we headed over to the classiest house in the park, Chateau Du Damne. Waited about 5 minutes & then it was our turn. HHScreamster did a great job at the front & overall the maze was really great. One thing I wasn't a fan of though, was how they changed up the ending. It was perfect last year & was amazingly creepy, but this year it's not the same. In the end though, it's always a favorite of mine. After going through that, we headed over to the last of the indoor haunts, Mr. Cleaver's Bloodshed. There were a couple new rooms in here, new effects, and a LOT of drop doors. We caught a lot of the actors off guard, but considering that Dress Rehearsal was canceled & it's their first night, I won't complain. A tad bit off compared to last year, but it was still fun. The hand room was awesome! Very very creepy.

We walked around & did some of the haunts again, and then it was around 7pm. Fangs showed at 7:15, so we decided to wait for that. Got in front & center, and the show started. Now I won't give away too much about the show, but all I can say is that you DO NOT want to miss it! Personally I believe it's the best show that has ever premiered in the Galaxy. The humor was hilarious, the dancing & singing was spectacular, and the set was something I would've never expected out of Valleyscare. It honestly made my night. 5 stars easily.

By the time we got out of Fangs, it was dark which could only mean one thing. Hellside Farm. We walked over to Hellside, hopped in line, and waited around 20 minutes for it. It looked like it had a long line for most of the night (which is a good thing!). Once we got up to the front, I asked if I could go in alone, and being the cool awesome line control lady that she was, she let me go in solo (although she was pretty confused about why I would want to do that haha). Hellside Farm was insane. Best outdoor haunt of the year already. It was dark, it was well lit (not too dark, not too light), and the talent was absolutely shocking. HUGE props to the Hellside cast last night, for the first night, you guys ROCKED it!

After seeing the awesomeness that was Hellside, we headed over to go through Blood Creek on our way to Carnage. Tons of colored fog (well not really, the lights just made it look colored), and the actors were really great! Also a shoutout to the slider. He did an awesome job :D After we got outta there, we headed to Carnage. We had high expectations going into it due to the fact that it's mostly a maze now & not just fog filled tents, but after we got out, we were pretty disappointed. The actors were doing a good job for the most part, it just felt like it was understaffed or something. There were a couple parts that got me every time, but still, it was like they were missing half the staff or something. I'll give it another go on the 17th & do a final review.

Overall, Valleyscare this year has improved a TON. All of the haunts have been improved for the most part with new rooms, new scares, or some form of something new. It was an insanely great night & I had an absolute blast! Now, it's time for the pictures. 150+ pictures of the amazingness that is, Valleyscare 2009.

Posted Image
Ahh, it's good to be back!

Posted Image
Hey there Mr. Gargoyle - How's it hangin'?

Posted Image
The Skeleton Crew is just chillin' out by the plaza.

Posted Image
Not Wheel of Fortune! :(

Posted Image
What is that I see?! Hellside 2009!

Posted Image
Mr. Scarecrow says "I'll be glowing orange in T-Minus 7 hours!".

Posted Image
Finally :D

Posted Image
That sign has been moved around more than Chipper Lowell at all of the Cedar Fair parks.

Posted Image
Home Sweet Home :)

Posted Image
Same ol' same ol'

Posted Image
Gettin' his tan on.

Posted Image
Fangs > Frogwarts

Posted Image
Camo City.

Posted Image
Cool, Cool.

Posted Image
Here's how this went down.
r78: WOAH! They left the door open.
Whole Group: *Takes Pictures*

Posted Image
That's so ghoul! Funny, I know.

Posted Image
These guys have been moved around more than . . . yeah you know the rest.

Posted Image
Still setting up the MMMMMMMMMS.

Posted Image
We loved the new entrance!

Posted Image
Still can't get enough of that killer facade.

Posted Image
"I just wanna eat it!"

Posted Image
Exit at Carnage Isle.

Posted Image
Static Dragon Thingy.

Posted Image
Skeletons eating grass. Nom nom nom.

Posted Image
"If I'm his guardian can I go in?!" No.

Posted Image
Cool Beans.

Posted Image
Connor :D

Posted Image
Creekin' it up in BCC.

Posted Image
Love this shot personally.

Posted Image
Here's how this shot went down.
Me: "They're testing fog!"
Whole Group: *Takes pictures*

Posted Image
I'm diggin' the detail.

Posted Image
Bad Gargoyle, don't eat the Ferris Wheel, eat Corkscrew!

Posted Image
GET IT OFF!

Posted Image
Now if you would all please take the time to have a moment of silence for the Flume . . .

Posted Image
Okay nevermind, more Hellside pics :D Ohh! Exit goodness.

Posted Image
He's just so photogenic. What shall we name him?

Posted Image
"If that guy turns out to be real I'm think I'm gonna cry"

Posted Image
We're going for 200 next year!

Posted Image
CarnEvil in 3D.

Posted Image
Carn
Evil

Posted Image
Eh, we'd rate it a 4, but still, it's fun :D

Posted Image
Me: "Ohh! They took out a game & replaced it with Hi-Test games!"
Whole Group: "Takes pictures"

Posted Image
Slowest 4 hours ever.

Posted Image
Not sure what this is for. We were kinda hoping it would be for the Overlord, but he wasn't existent as of last night.

Posted Image
"Even babies with Chainsaws?!"

Posted Image
Gargoyle, meet clock. Clock, meet Gargoyle. Cool.

Posted Image
Cygnus.

Posted Image
Vfhauntfreak: "Hey there's a hole where the fog comes out!"
Whole Group: *Takes pictures*

Posted Image
*Almost tear*

Posted Image
"I presume you all are 12 & under"

Posted Image
Legal Cheese Cloth POV

Posted Image
Haha no comment on the left guy.

Posted Image
Hey it looks like one of Rudy Coby's mutant babies!

Posted Image
Bad Godzilla! Don't strangle him!

Posted Image
Sup Mista Mummy.

Posted Image
Cool beans. MMMMMMMMS.

Posted Image
Here's the Groovy Galaxy Greeter.

Posted Image
Hey, I thought he was atop of Renegade's entrance!

Posted Image
Bumblebore. Lol.

Posted Image
Looks like a fashion disaster!

Posted Image
Plant.

Rest of the pictures in the next post. Mods - Don't attack me for double posting, you know this isn't only the longest, but the best TR on the site :D

Posted Image
Valleyfair's Most Comprehensive Online Guide!

Dude... Really? Now you're giving Guitarist a reason to post...

#2 Renegade

Renegade

Valleyfair Poster!

• 323 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 03:21 PM

Posted Image
Box of delayed trickiness.

Posted Image
Actually picture perfect!

Posted Image
$8.19. Worth it?

Posted Image
Yummmmmmmmmm.

Posted Image
HA! HA! HA! Torture. Cruel stuff.

Posted Image
Here's how this picture went down.
Games Employee: "You killed kenny!"
Whole Group: *Lol*

Posted Image
And here's how this picture went down.
Whole Group: *On Scrambler*
VF7: "THEY'RE TESTING FOG!"
Whole Group: *Cheers*

Posted Image
"I just want to eat it!"

Posted Image
Not sure why they have barriers there.

Posted Image
Blood Creek from the Bridge.

Posted Image
"Sup SSCoasters"

Posted Image
For the next 3 pictures, there will be shots of rides & not haunt stuff. Enjoy.

Posted Image
Corkscrew.

Posted Image
Corkscrew Part Deux.

Posted Image
Angle = Slanted Left.

Posted Image
[/rideshots] Blood Creek!

Posted Image
Here come the inmates!

Posted Image
"Tastes like baby"

Posted Image
Whatsup Whatsup.

Posted Image
Grumpy Goon & Sad Sally.

Posted Image
Now THIS is a 5.

Posted Image
The Terrifying Triple Threats.

Posted Image
"Smells like . . . " LMAO!

Posted Image
Sally is sad because she can't find her way into the Asylum.

Posted Image
Don't ask why, but I love this carriage.

Posted Image
Let's Du This!

Posted Image
Artsy shot of the Chateau.

Posted Image
Ahh the sun is going down!

Posted Image
Cleaverage.

Posted Image
Smokestacks.

Posted Image
Now it's opening . . .

Posted Image
Now it's closing!

Posted Image
Set sun! Set!

Posted Image
Little Nicky made his appearance.

Posted Image
So many wandering characters this year. We love it!

Posted Image
"They don't stop coming back!"
"Just like Brett Favre!"

Posted Image
Like I said, the set was amazing!

Posted Image
This photo has won an award on Flickr already actually!

Posted Image
Tad dark, but Hellside's queue.

Posted Image
Punkin.

Posted Image
Cemetery.

Posted Image
Power Tower at Night = Dom.

Posted Image
"Ohh look at me, I'm a farmer, I let people go in by themselves. No. This is a bloody pirate maze!"

Posted Image
Signage.

Posted Image
"Bad Dolly" - *Shoots doll*
LOL! - Loved this lady.

Posted Image
Very ghoul.

Posted Image
Mr. Skeleton chilling atop the carriage. Or in Chateau's case, Monsieur Skeleton.

Posted Image
MMMMMMMMMMMS.

Posted Image
He was actually really good!

Posted Image
And we end this extremely lengthy photo TR with an amazing photo. Best one of the night in my opinion!

I hope you all enjoyed reading & if you read the WHOLE THING end to end, you should go buy yourself a cookie & pat yourself on the back. I had a great time, and definitely recommend going! Thanks for reading!

~Renegade

Posted Image
Valleyfair's Most Comprehensive Online Guide!

Dude... Really? Now you're giving Guitarist a reason to post...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: avatar, jesper, photoshop, sig