• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 RCmaniac31

RCmaniac31

a "Six Flags" day?

• 592 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:25 PM

Posted Image

Starting this and hopefully every December, I will start making videos for each year of amazing SSC coasters. The videos will include a variety of coasters from the year, from all builders. These videos will go on youtube for the whole community to see. The video will be edited by me using WMM. Each coaster may get 10-20 seconds on the video, depending on many factors. The video will hopefully be somewhere between 5-8 minutes.

Rules about entering:
-You may only send video or pictures of as many coasters as you want, but depending on the variety of entries, your coaster showings may be limited.
-The videos must be good quality. I don't want a bunch of moving around or darkness.
-Coaster must be in the Database to enter.

How to Enter:
-Send 20-40 seconds of video and/or pictures to RCmaniac31@gmail.com.
You email must include:
Name
Username
Coaster name
Video or pictures

Videos will be accepted from now until Jan.5.

Enter your coaster today!:tmbs

RC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Top Five:
Millennium Force
Top Thrill Dragster
Maverick
Tatsu
Raging Bull

Have a Six Flags Day!

#2 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:34 PM

I really like this idea, but I think we should be able to enter more than 1 coaster. Some people have made many amazing coasters throughout the year.

#3 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:27 AM

If you are going to use WMM then pleeeease let someone else do it, and choose a decent audiotrack that doesn't get kicked off of youtube.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Misnerdastud

Misnerdastud

The Pen is Mightier.....

• 237 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:41 AM

If you are going to use WMM then pleeeease let someone else do it, and choose a decent audiotrack that doesn't get kicked off of youtube.

This looks like it was RCManiac's idea to do. If you don't want him to put one of your coasters on the video, then just don't submit a coaster and then you won't have to worry if it's a bad quality or not good enough for your "video standards". No need to inadvertantly tell him he sucks at making videos and someone else should do it.........how would you feel if you uploaded a coaster for the video, and his reply to you was "Instead of uploading a video to me, you should have someone else do it, they seem to submit better coasters that are more fit for this video cause your rides suck". Put yourself in his shoes and have some respect for a fellow SSC member.

RC great idea man. I do agree with steel's idea though, maybe you should take any coasters submitted into consideration for the video rather than just one per person.... Your call though man, it's your video....

Posted Image

#5 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:03 PM

This looks like it was RCManiac's idea to do. If you don't want him to put one of your coasters on the video, then just don't submit a coaster and then you won't have to worry if it's a bad quality or not good enough for your "video standards". No need to inadvertantly tell him he sucks at making videos and someone else should do it.........how would you feel if you uploaded a coaster for the video, and his reply to you was "Instead of uploading a video to me, you should have someone else do it, they seem to submit better coasters that are more fit for this video cause your rides suck". Put yourself in his shoes and have some respect for a fellow SSC member.

I'm not telling him that he sucks at making videos, I'm just a Sony Vegas fanboy. It's fine if he uses WMM but he could get a lot more out of it using a professional editing program.

I was not insulting him in anyway but you're "harassing" me instead.

Besides it's a great idea, but seeing the average age on this site and all the thread being made with impulse thoughts makes me have my doubts on everything.

Another note, this is the INTERNET with words being made from letters, you can not put any emotion into a post therefore you need to be creative and not think that every post is negative.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Misnerdastud

Misnerdastud

The Pen is Mightier.....

• 237 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:44 PM

Thanks for the clarification here max, the way you wrote your response came across differently than you intended. next time elaborate a bit more about what you meant and it won't come across that way. Maybe just suggest he use a different program or something and what you meant will come across a bit better. As it is written it does not sound like what you meant. You have to remember people only take what you say literally as they have no way of peering into your thoughts over text if you don't write it. In most cases if there is any possibility of something being mis-interpreted it usually will be. My appologies for coming down on you about it so hard though, hopefully there are no ill feelings here man.

I do disagree with your reply that words do not express emotion though. For example: If I am talking to you like this when I type, it says something completely different than IF I TYPE IT LIKE THIS. Although emotion is much more easily expressed in conversation it is definitely expressed in writing as well. I am not quite sure where that direction came from though, since I did not type anything about emotion in my last post.

Emotion

An emotion is a mental and physiological state associated with a wide variety of feelings, thoughts, and behavior. Emotions are subjective experiences, often associated with mood, temperament, personality, and disposition.

Posted Image

#7 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:53 PM

No worries mate,

PEOPLE GET SUBMITTING! :D

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 RCmaniac31

RCmaniac31

a "Six Flags" day?

• 592 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:57 PM

Very good. I changed the rule, but not totally.
New Rule:
You may only send video or pictures of as many coasters as you want, but depending on the variety of entries, your coaster showings may be limited.

Oh, and as of now I have zero entries. Start sending now.

RC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Top Five:
Millennium Force
Top Thrill Dragster
Maverick
Tatsu
Raging Bull

Have a Six Flags Day!

#9 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:56 PM

A great song would be august buns red carol of the bells! It's really hard but it's awesome. I'll send my clips in minute.

#10 Cedars650258516

Cedars650258516

Stank

• 489 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:41 PM

^ I personaly think that would not be the most fitting song for this kind of video, great idea but this is going to be viewed year-round, right? How about Eye of the Tiger or some Techno song... you guys like that, right?

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

#11 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:48 PM

^ NOOO! No eye of the tiger! anything but that!

#12 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:40 PM

^ NOOO! No eye of the tiger! anything but that!

Completely agreed. I don't think I hate any song as much as I hate that one...

-RCT2123

Posted Image

#13 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:03 PM

Agreed, I think you should use something by Basshunter.

Edit: Maybe Bass Creator?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#14 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:20 PM

^ i love bass hunter!!! any song by them pretty much would be fine. when do we need to get these in by and how many do you have so far?

#15 RCmaniac31

RCmaniac31

a "Six Flags" day?

• 592 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:23 PM

I was thinking something by Foo Fighters.
Keep the suggestions cause I want to know what everyone wants.
I have 3 coasters right now and you have a lot of time to send your clips in^.
Also, send your clips in so I can start the editing.

Thanks,

RC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Top Five:
Millennium Force
Top Thrill Dragster
Maverick
Tatsu
Raging Bull

Have a Six Flags Day!

#16 Millcreek47

Millcreek47

BANNED

• 1186 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:29 AM

Long road to ruin would be pretty sweet, lots of cues.

Posted Image
(Sig under construction)

-----XBL Gamertag - I were Speshul-----

Top 5: Time Machine, The Incredible Hulk, Goliath, Dueling Dragons, Georgia Scorcher

#17 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:35 AM

^ i love bass hunter!!! any song by them pretty much would be fine. when do we need to get these in by and how many do you have so far?

I love basshunter too! I like a lot of techno music.

I'm entering some clips of each of my coasters too.

#18 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:08 PM

BassHunter and Foofighters are going to get nuked off of youtube. Take a look at Free and legal music downloads - Jamendo for unlicensed music, it's free to download and there are some pretty sweet artists on there! Thats where I get my music from now-a-days

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:28 AM

^There's a way to get your licensed music video's back on YouTube. ;)

I vote metal...

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#20 mynci321

mynci321

100%

• 664 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:36 AM

I vote Green Day, they have nice songs. Can't wait for the final video!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2009, ssc