[F&F Industries] Spica

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#1 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:59 AM

Well, I haven't built much, but it's a start. ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Enjoy!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#2 Eggo

Eggo

Vote for Pedro!

• 1212 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:01 AM

It looks nice... but I don't like the name too much.

Posted Image
|Millennium Force|TTD|El Toro|Bizarro|Maverick|Wildfire|Nitro|

#3 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:08 AM

Crest looks good, but I am in doubt about just how long the straight bit is, B&M right?
Ah well, looks good :)

#4 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:52 AM

It looks nice... but I don't like the name too much.

I picked that name because Spica is the 15th brightest star in the sky, and I just thought it sounded good. It's pronounced spike-uh. Thank you though.

Crest looks good, but I am in doubt about just how long the straight bit is, B&M right?
Ah well, looks good :)

Do you think the straight part is too short? I know it's not too long, so I can lengthen it if you want. Yes, it's a B&M, and thanks.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

#5 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:06 AM

I think Mini thinks its too long. I think it's fine, just a bit on the long side.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#6 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:08 AM

Sounds like a derogetory name for a Mexican.

Looks hood.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#7 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:10 AM

YES!!! You are building again. I was going to do an invert too.... That looks awesome!! Cant wait till this one it done!!!!

#8 jakeryan9

jakeryan9

Construction Foreman

• 204 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:37 PM

Nice, looks great so far. How tall is it going to be?
Did you get the yellow 3Ds from eBay? I saw a listing for some...

Posted Image

SFMM FTW!

#9 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:19 PM

Looks hood.

You need to stop using your ipod to post. :lolo

Looks nice so far, not much to say though. I see those invert cars in the backgroud...

#10 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:30 PM

I think Mini thinks its too long. I think it's fine, just a bit on the long side.

Yeah, I was thinking on the Scale side of things, but I just realized how big the crest is, so I'm thinking it'll be pretty big?

#11 BBaller347

BBaller347

Mile Record - 4:31

• 973 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:16 PM

Awesome, another coaster from RCF. How tall are you planning on building it? And I think the straight looks good as it is compared to the crest.

#12 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:43 PM

Thanks guys.

Okay, sorry about the first update being so short, my brother was kicking me off the computer.

I have an update as well! The lift is 14 granites tall, and I also made the pre-lift turn. Here are some pictures.

Overview
Posted Image

Pre-lift turn
Posted Image

Top view
Posted Image

Beginning to lift
Posted Image

Looking down the lift
Posted Image

Crest
Posted Image

Pre-drop
Posted Image

My train
Posted Image

I also made a little thing under the train to the chain dog always grips the chain, but doesn't hit the track.
Posted Image

Next in the layout is a 45 degree turning drop, and a loop.

Comment! Be harsh!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

#13 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:50 PM

That is awesome and tall! I dont see any problems. Can't wait for the drop and loop.;) Please continue!!!:)

#14 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:13 PM

You could just take like a braces rubber band and wrap it around the chaindog and the front wheel axel.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta

#15 BBaller347

BBaller347

• 973 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:13 PM

Yes, it's tall :)

Since Noxious, I've been waiting for another big coaster from you. My only suggestion is some sort of chain guide/holder. This is looking pretty epic.

#16 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:04 PM

That is awesome and tall! I dont see any problems. Can't wait for the drop and loop.;) Please continue!!!:)

Thank you. It's actually taller than me. :P I'm really short though. 5' 0"

You could just take like a braces rubber band and wrap it around the chaindog and the front wheel axel.

That's true, I don't know why I didn't do that, oh well. Thanks though.

Yes, it's tall :)

Since Noxious, I've been waiting for another big coaster from you. My only suggestion is some sort of chain guide/holder. This is looking pretty epic.

I tried to make a chain guide, but I couldn't get it to work, and I wouldn't have enough orange half-moons or orange clips anyways. Thanks a lot though!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

#17 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:54 AM

I'm only like 4.7!!! I'm a shorty:p

#18 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:44 AM

Why is it since I tried it on Kaibutsu everyone wants a chain guide on every invert or flyer? Being the person who tried it, I think a chain guide made completely from Knex that never flaws is extremely improbable (only becuase anything is possible). There's very little room to work with and the soft plastic tubing simply puts too much friction on the chain. It's just not do-able.

Anyway, I think you're crest is a bit too small. It's not a big deal though since it's just the lift. But as I've said before, you never disappoint and I really look forward to seeing this.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#19 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:46 AM

Oh yea, forgot to say, it looks good so far. I hope you put a catwalk on it though so it holds the chain and will look better.

LAZOR22SIG2.png

#20 BBaller347

BBaller347

• 973 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:20 PM

^^I didn't mean a chain guide that holds the chain completely on the track, I meant something under the lift to hold the chain so it doesn't sag low like it currently is. Roughly something like this (sorry, I know it's my coaster, only one I could think of off the top of my head):
Posted Image

Can't wait for some progress.