custom scenery downloads links mib rct3

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:04 PM

At school we had to pick a controversial subject and discuss about it, I chose abortion. Apparently the views on Abortion on this website are very spread out. I thought getting some information here would be a good idea to prepare myself for the discussion. This includes answering 2 questions and giving your personal opinion.

So before anyone gets involved in this I'd like to point out a few rules here.

- Follow the general forums rules
- No bashing, No Arguments
- To each his own opinion
- Try not to change the subject
- Be honest, as the results will actually be used

The following questions I'd like to have your answer/opinion on.

- Abortion should be available to everyone, even if their religious views do not believe so or if they do not have the money to pay for the treatment.

- Abortion is a humane solution to end an unwanted or life-threatening (teenage)pregnancy.

I'd be very thankful if you share your views on the subject.
Good luck.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:21 PM

I personally think that the ONLY time a abortion should be permitted is when a teenage girl is raped. If it is immature teenage sex or a couple decides they don't want the baby, then they can deal with it or put them up for adoption if it is the latter.

To answer your questions,
1. Yes, but ONLY under the one circumstance.
2. No, I disagree. There is no humane way to kill a innocent person (fully developed or not). If they choose to screw thier life, it's there fault.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#3 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:55 PM

^why only when a teenage girl is raped? Age shouldn't make a difference in the case of a rape.

#4 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:16 PM

Please answer the questions asked, not debate someone's answer.

#5 Cedars650258516

Cedars650258516

Stank

• 489 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

1. I'm Catholic Christian, and as a church, we believe abortion is a wrong act against the sixth comandment [Thou shall not kill or murder]. I personally believe that whatever you choose right or wrong, even if it be a new life, should be taken into your own hands respectfully.

2.It is the only way to take a child into God's hands if the parent is not yet ready to take a child. Abortion is a powerful tool and should be the last resort if a parent does not want to be a parent quite yet.

This is my opinion, thank you for giving me the time to share it.
-Cedars650258516

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

#6 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:24 PM

I am Christian, but I respect other religions. If someone is atheist, then I respect that. If someone wishes to get an abortion, I see harm in doing so, but I believe it is up to the person getting the abortion.

I believe abortion is only okay in cases of rape, incest, and if it would kill a mother. Teens, who are not going to start giving up sex any time soon, really need to take precaution. Condoms, birth control and morning after pill come in mind here. If teens are irresponsible, then they need to face the consequence.

#7 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:26 PM

and if it would kill a mother

If it would kill a mother..?

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#8 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:27 PM

^The pregnancy, not the abortion.

#9 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:01 PM

I dislike the thought of abortion, but I believe it is a necessary part of our society. The truth is people make mistakes. Everyone has made a really stupid decision in their life before. Abortion is a plan B for the pregnancy mistakes. Sure a "baby" is "killed" but the aborted child would certainly be at greater risk of a corrupt life if it was raised by a teenager or someone who has no business raising a child...

I personally do not consider the aborted baby a baby at all though. I think it is a bunch of cells that one day could be a baby. The cells also go to stem cell research. It's like recycling...

-RCT2123

Posted Image

#10 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:52 PM

My opinion is that abortion equals murder. A human being is a human being, whether they are fully developed or not. Murdering a human being that is not fully developed is the same as murdering a human being who is fully developed.

Now since I believe abortion equals murder, this is how I would read the statements in the first post:

- Murder should be available to everyone, even if their religious views do not believe so or if they do not have the money to pay for the treatment.

- Murder is a humane solution to end an unwanted or life-threatening (teenage)pregnancy.

Posted Image

Valleyfair Recres:..........My Tutorials:......

................Steel Venom................Automatic Station Gates.......

..........Corkscrew...................Automatic Drill Launch....

...Round About................Auto on/off switch..

#11 coastergeekrtc

coastergeekrtc

A God Among Users

• 2653 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:27 PM

I believe murder and abortion should be legal in certain cases. Like if I impregnate my whore of an ex and don't want to share a child with her. In this case I can "kill two birds with one stone"...murder the ex and the baby will be aborted. Win win.

*Insert signature here*

#12 The KNex Weasel

The KNex Weasel

SSC's Jazz Pianist

• 2477 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:38 PM

Lovely timing, my philosophy class finishes discussing abortion tomorrow.

My thorough stance on abortion:
I remember posting this once before, but I'll post it again, and it is part of my justification for what it would be like if abortion were illegal:

It's comparative to being tied to the floor next to a guy who is recovering from snake bites. Since there are so many bites, the guy is in critical condition, and they chose to use you as the person who would absorb all that poison--thus, they stick a tube into you and the poison flows from the other person into you. They say you can't escape, because this person is a popular baseball player who needs to recover so he can hit his 500th home run this year. As a result, you lie there for nine months while the poison drains out of the baseball player into your body.

It's a comparison to a 14-year-old girl (or a 35-year-old woman--take your pick) getting raped; it would be painful, inconvenient, and would last nine months. Knowing I wouldn't want that if I were a girl, and certainly many girls I know wouldn't want that either, that is my main justification.

The thing that's wrong with putting a child up for adoption is that it could be adopted into a homeless family and live a very poor life. And here's something for you diehard-religious folk to think about: would it be better if someone could spend all eternity in heaven, or if they had to spend part of it on earth dealing with all the crap going on? You see, if the baby gets an abortion, it's innocent, it did no wrong, it can just reside forever in heaven.

It's not invalid to say you're killing someone when you get an abortion, but it's probably infinitely easier to die without pain in a mother's womb than to be sent to a foster home without any real parents to look after you. And let's face it; unless it's the final trimester of a pregnancy, the baby's probably not going to know the difference anyway. EDIT: Oh, and did I mention it could die of all kinds of causes in the foster home?

I don't believe one should get an abortion if it's just clueless sex that started the issue, but outlawing abortion altogether...my answer to that would be a definite no.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Credit to Spitfire.

Most recent success:
SL1M: You Don't Mess Around With It.

#13 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:29 AM

My opinion is that abortion equals murder. A human being is a human being, whether they are fully developed or not. Murdering a human being that is not fully developed is the same as murdering a human being who is fully developed.

Now since I believe abortion equals murder, this is how I would read the statements in the first post:

- Murder should be available to everyone, even if their religious views do not believe so or if they do not have the money to pay for the treatment.

- Murder is a humane solution to end an unwanted or life-threatening (teenage)pregnancy.

Your post makes me think of euthanasia. Both that and abortion are things I support. I also see a fetus at that stage more like a bunch of cells.
And actually, even in the case of a broken condom, I think abortion should be allowed. Unfortunate happenings like that should NOT be punished by having the girl pregnant for 9 months and then having her life completely changed. GodSatan, I've heard some stories about teen pregnancies and about how hard it is to keep up with your study if you have to take care of a baby. Having your parents babysit the kid is a possibility, but that's something not everyone has. For some a pregnancy can mean they need to drop their education and they'll become unhappy, apart from that little baby that becomes their pride. But in the end, that pregnancy won over the plans you made for your life, and that should not be mandatory by making abortion illegal.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#14 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:52 AM

You shouldn't be having sex in the first place, unless your married.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#15 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:06 AM

Revolutionary War - 4,435 deaths

Civil War - 498,332 deaths

World War 1 - 116,788 deaths

World War 2 - 407,316 deaths

Korea - 25,604 deaths

Vietnam - 58,168 deaths

Abortion - 35,000,000 deaths (and counting)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#16 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:09 AM

^^I believe that's made up by 40-year-old virgins who want to avenge their unfortunate ways of life.

^Let me make it even worse. This site says even 42 million per year, whereas your 35 million is since 1973. That HTML Bible is probably another of those stupid there-is-no-life-beyond-america sites.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#17 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:02 AM

(1)- Abortion should be available to everyone, even if their religious views do not believe so or if they do not have the money to pay for the treatment.

(2)- Abortion is a humane solution to end an unwanted or life-threatening (teenage)pregnancy.

(1) - Definitely.. I don't see why money and religion should interfere with the availability of basic healthcare and things like Abortion.

(2) - Yeah.. It's pretty much the most humane way, aslong as the fetus isn't too old.

Revolutionary War - 4,435 deaths (8 years long)

Civil War - 498,332 deaths (4 years long)

World War 1 - 116,788 deaths (4 years long)

World War 2 - 407,316 deaths (6 years long)

Korea - 25,604 deaths (3 years [avoiding that there is still no peace treaty])

Vietnam - 58,168 deaths (18 years long)

Abortion - 35,000,000 deaths (and counting) (started nearly 5000 years ago)

Civil War - 124,583 Deaths per year.

WW1 - 29,197 Deaths per year

WW2 - 1,067,886 Deaths per year (Including the Holocaust.)

WW2 - 67,886 (Excluding the holocaust)

Korean War - 8,534 Deaths per year

Vietnam - 3,231 Deaths per year (Still not counting the people killed by Agent Orange)

Abortion - 7,000 Deaths per year.

Gotta love manipulated Data.

#18 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:28 AM

Actually those 35 million are since 1973. Then again, I am sure those numbers posted by MP Thrill Rides are incorrect.
This source says that more than 56 million died in WW2. WW1 had almost 17 million deaths. Etc. etc., meaning that your post isn't correct.

Come to think of it, comparing abortion to war is insane.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#19 The KNex Weasel

The KNex Weasel

SSC's Jazz Pianist

• 2477 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:30 AM

You shouldn't be having sex in the first place, unless your married.

Try telling people that when you get to college.

Actually those 35 million are since 1973. Then again, I am sure those numbers posted by MP Thrill Rides are incorrect.
This source says that more than 56 million died in WW2. WW1 had almost 17 million deaths. Etc. etc., meaning that your post isn't correct.

Come to think of it, comparing abortion to war is insane.

He was probably only counting American deaths, not the combined total of deaths of all nations that partook in those wars.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Credit to Spitfire.

Most recent success:
SL1M: You Don't Mess Around With It.

#20 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:53 AM

You're doing a great job so far, but we are getting a bit off-topic, so let me ask you another couple of questions to take inconsideration.

You may answer the follow questions with yes/no but telling us why you think so may give better insights in your opinion.

Scenario 1.
A girl has been raped and became pregnant, she is frightened and is carrying a baby that isn't hers.

Is abortion a humane way out of this situation?

Scenario 2.
A teenage girl (between 14 and 20) has had unsafe sex, she's carrying the baby of her boyfriend. She didn't want this to happen and feels bad about what happened, to top that, her parents do not want to care for the baby as she is still in school. They say it's her responsibility, yet she knows that her life is going to turn upside down because of the child, she won't be able to finish school and get a proper education.

Is abortion an humane way out of this situation, (considering the problems it's going to cause for the girl, no future, no education, etc.)?

Scenario 3.

Same as above, except her boyfriend leaves her and does not want to care for the baby, she is all alone as the family feels embarrassed and doesn't want to talk about it.

Is abortion a humane way out of the situation?

Scenario 4. (Please answer with full sentences, as you can not answer this one with yes/no)

You and your boy/girl-friend sit out the pregnancy and eventually have a child, you put it up for adoption. What would you think of yourself afterwards? Would you blame yourself for being an irresponsible parent, knowing your kid will probably never know who his real parents are?

My view on abortion is the following:
Abortion is a good way out of a unwanted pregnancy, be it an accident or not. I want to be a responsible father and be there until my child becomes an adult. Therefore I would use abortion if it ever happens that my wife gets pregnant and we are not ready yet to take care of a child. I would rather wait out the time until I know I can care for the baby and give him/her a good life. My view is that it is more humane to give people a life worth living than having someone live a life that ends up being bad.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: custom scenery, downloads, links, mib, rct3