rollercoaster name

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:11 AM

Have you ever had a friend over, and he tries to shove your train back down the lift, and this happens?

Posted Image

Well, you could superglue it, but that doesn't guarantee a fix. So I'll show you how. First, find a screw that is similar to the length of the original screw. The screw that the SS comes with is .121 inches wide. For this tutorial, I'm using a .137 inch screw. Note: If you can't get an exact size, you want to go bigger than the original.

Posted Image

As you can see, it's about twice as long. So next, you need to make the holes big enough to fit the new screw in. You want the biggest drill bit that is still smaller than the screw. In this case, I'm using a 1/8 inch bit.

Posted Image

For the black thing that attaches to the car, you want the hole to be big enough that the screw slips through, but barely. For this, I used the 1/8 inch bit, and I wiggled it around to make it bigger.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then do the same to the car. Remember, you want it to be slightly smaller than the screw.

Posted Image

Next, feed the screw through the black thing. You want it all the way through, so the part with no thread is all the way in.

Posted Image

For extra security, I put in some plastic bonding glue before putting in the screw.

Posted Image

Then place the black thing back where it goes, and screw it in tight.

Posted Image

You don't want to go too far, because then the whole thing will shatter. If it's not straight, don't screw it in all the way. Wiggle it around until it's straight, and then screw it tight. Final result:

Posted Image

Comment!

#2 BBaller347

BBaller347

Mile Record - 4:31

• 973 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:16 PM

Hey nice tutorial. Since I build VV coasters, this doesnt really apply to me, but I've had much experience with wild vistors who don't respect my coasters... <_< I could see this being really helpful to many members.

#3 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:05 PM

Wow, I like it a lot how you fixed that. and yep, I got those problems too. Sometimes when my family is at our house, the smaller children want to play with the coaster, and then it's already too late....

Posted Image

#4 TheCodeMaster

TheCodeMaster

Resident Nolimits 2 Expert

• 761 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:10 PM

^ I can see it now...
Maarten12: Visitors!
child: ohh! Knex!!...
2 hrs later...
Maarten12: What the ____!
child: uhh...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[18-07, 09:16] SCM: I only see 14 inversions. There's supposed to be 14 inversions.

STEEL VENOM - DRAGON - JAWHARP - ARMAGEDDON - ICE - CEREBUS - DIABLO - STEEL VENOM - THE REVENGE - CLIFFHANGER - FALCON - SMILER - ALTON TOWERS

Construction zone:

None

#5 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:18 PM

this has never happened to me but I've had the entire front part of my car snap off ,a car snap in half ,and the wheels breaking off on back cars ,but this is a great tut!

#6 DJMK

DJMK

Lead Engineer

• 1604 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:19 PM

Ah my friend tried kicking the train down my launch a while ago and broke off the other part of the connector socket.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 KCM14

KCM14

Architect

• 382 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:28 PM

nice tutorial this will help me my friends are retarts but havent broken it "yet"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cc10

#8 kne` builder

kne` builder

Architect

• 478 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:23 PM

well, my friends are respecting my coasters, so this will (most likely) never happen to me, but great tutorial!

Posted Image

Top6 Coasters:
6:Raptor
5:Blue Fire
4:Maverick
3:Top Thrill Dragster
2:Millenium Force
1:Expedition GeForce

Coastercount: 62

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#9 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:20 PM

Bump!

I just wanted to say that a hot glue gun works excellent as well...as long as you put enough.

#10 CCC

CCC

ChristianCoasterCreator

• 231 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:06 PM

Thank you so much! A few of my brother's cars are broken and I've been wondering how I should fix them.

Coasters Are My Hobby
Jesus Is My Life

Posted Image

My YouTube Page

#11 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

you got any way to fix your cars why the front one breaks?

#12 Eggo

Eggo

Vote for Pedro!

• 1212 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:50 AM

Don't bump 'Dead' threads, basically threads that haven't been posted in for the past few weeks, because it can cause other members to think there is an update.

Posted Image
|Millennium Force|TTD|El Toro|Bizarro|Maverick|Wildfire|Nitro|

#13 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:51 PM

you got any way to fix your cars why the front one breaks?

I don't know how your cars broke, you have to tell me what happened and where. Also, a picture would be nice.

#14 CCC

CCC

ChristianCoasterCreator

• 231 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:16 AM

http://www.sscoaster...=1&d=1280380525

Here is where one of mine is broken can you help me with that? The left wheel structure has broken off completely. Not sure how to fix it? Its also an end car if that may help. I have 4 others but i want to fix it just in case i need it.

Coasters Are My Hobby
Jesus Is My Life

Posted Image

My YouTube Page

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rollercoaster name