Global Warming

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Coasteradict

Coasteradict

The hate sign

• 1883 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

Baisicaly, what do you think of this? Are you still so ignorant (IMO) to not believe that it's occuring? Do you think it's natural? Or purely our fault?

Thoughts please?

I personaly believe it and think it's primarly natural, as if you look at a climate graph for over jsut the last 2000 years you can see that the global average temperatures had dipped, leveled out and started to slowly climb again. At the start of the Industrial revolution we were actually in a dip, so temperatures were bound to go up IMO. However we have sped it up a little, but I blame the cows :) (I know we've sped it up as the raise is so sharp.)

Having said that if you look at a complete climate graph going back to when the Earth solidified you can see that the graph would look just like a, for example, infra red graph, it goes up and down up and down constantly. and at this point we are at the bottom of the dip, so it was destined IMO for temperatures to rise, and we should stop panicking, and learn from our mistakes. This is because no matter what we do now we truelly are past the point of return, the ice caps are getting smaller and glaciers and snow lines on mountains are retreating, year on year, this means that theres less white to reflect the heat out back into space meaning global temeratures rise naturaly and the world warmer next winter meaning there will be less ice at the ice caps, and we find ourselves in a vicious cicle.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Immelmann

#2 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:50 PM

I think it's over hyped and it will happen no matter what so all this turn of your lights for 1 hour stuff isn't going to work.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:05 PM

Pollution has probably contributed to temperature rises slightly, but not much more than a few percent of the degrees above normal. We should watch how much fuel we use, and try to be environmentally friendly, but in my opinion, we shouldn't be making such a big deal about it.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#4 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:17 PM

Yes the world is getting hotter. Do I belive in "Global Warming"? No.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#5 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:51 PM

Global warming is not a big deal. It's a natural cycle. I do believe that we need to use our energy sources wisely, though, and try to find less polluting ways to make energy, but really it's not our fault ice caps are melting.

#6 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

Global warming my foot... this year was the biggest snow fall winter I've seen in my life time. who cares if it's 1.1* too hot? it cools off again in the next few years... God put the world into setting perfectly the tilt and the spinning keeps it in perfect alignment.

when mt. saint Hellens blew up it put so much gas and ashes into the atmosphere . It was = to the whole world driving cars for the next 15-20 ears just in those few hours. 0_o Did it do much?

#7 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:15 PM

There is no such thing as man-made global warming. The belief of man-made global warming is used to advance radical political agenda, not to save the earth.

Posted Image

Valleyfair Recres:..........My Tutorials:......

................Steel Venom................Automatic Station Gates.......

..........Corkscrew...................Automatic Drill Launch....

...Round About................Auto on/off switch..

#8 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:20 AM

Let me post this here, too.

Overpopulation is the freaking problem. If you try to recycle all your stuff and be optimal towards the environment, having two kids multiplies your carbon footprint 40 times. According to the video I just posted. So let's have a look at China and order a one child per family rule from now on.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#9 coastergeekrtc

coastergeekrtc

A God Among Users

• 2653 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:50 AM

There is no such thing as God. The belief of God is used to advance radical political agenda, not to save individuals.

Same could be said...

After taking three weather studies courses I can understand how global warming is a possibility...the climate is very susceptible to changes to the environment, whether naturally imposed or not. Though I think a large part of it's existence is political agenda. Nevertheless, I think it is essential to be more environmentally safe from now on.

*Insert signature here*

#10 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:11 AM

Not like all these earthquakes and volcanoes are helping us right now anyway...

SSCoasters Staff

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#11 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:14 AM

Not like all these earthquakes and volcanoes are helping us right now anyway...

I read your post like this: 'Why should we be kind to our Earth if she gives us earthquakes and volcanoes?' Is that what you implied?

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#12 Coasteradict

Coasteradict

The hate sign

• 1883 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:22 AM

Yes the world is getting hotter. Do I belive in "Global Warming"? No.

This just proves your an idiot, how can you say you believe that the world is getting hotter, yet not believe in global warming, when it's the same thing? Dumbass.

Global warming my foot... this year was the biggest snow fall winter I've seen in my life time. who cares if it's 1.1* too hot? it cools off again in the next few years... God put the world into setting perfectly the tilt and the spinning keeps it in perfect alignment.

when mt. saint Hellens blew up it put so much gas and ashes into the atmosphere . It was = to the whole world driving cars for the next 15-20 ears just in those few hours. 0_o Did it do much?

Considering that England used to get 10-20ft snow drifts on houses 20-30 years ago? yet now we only get snow every couple of years at best? The River Thames used to freeze 500 years ago, still don't believe that the world is getting hotter?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Immelmann

#13 The KNex Weasel

The KNex Weasel

SSC's Jazz Pianist

• 2477 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:59 PM

Some scientists do over-hype global warming, but reasonable studies have proven that if we continue conserving our resources, we will reduce the level of CO2 in the air. However, if we don't conserve them, we will harm the natural environment.

There is no such thing as man-made global warming. The belief of man-made global warming is used to advance radical political agenda, not to save the earth.

No. Just no. First off, you don't have to agree with everything scientists say, but don't just immediately dismiss them as if they're always wrong. I think we can agree that the Earth and all the other planets orbit the sun?

Secondly, there is no way to disassociate humans with the cause of global warming. Factory farmhouses, coal mines, older cars, burning fossil fuels, and a lot of other things didn't exist before humans evolved, and science has shown that they put a lot of pollution into the air. Don't believe me? Imagine if I were to shove your face into a vat of Carbon Dioxide and made you keep it there for five hours before you could stick your head back out. I bet it'd get pretty hard to breathe, wouldn't it?

Third, nobody said you had to like the left-wings, but that doesn't mean they're always incorrect. In fact, I think they're probably more accurate than you think. You can't just dogmatically agree with everything the right-wing media says. If you can't observe both sides of the argument with an open mind, you shouldn't be involved in these discussions.

EDIT: Actually, the video Gump posted makes a valid point; the more people there are, the more oxygen is needed and the more CO2 is produced. At the very least, you can reduce this issue to a degree if you have a few plants in your house.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Credit to Spitfire.

Most recent success:
SL1M: You Don't Mess Around With It.

#14 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:05 AM

I would be much more concerned about the gazing hole in the ozon-layer up in the sky. All that dangerous cosmic radiation isn't doing us any good, and if studies are right it won't be fixed in the next 70 years.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 kne` builder

kne` builder

Architect

• 478 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:06 AM

I just saw a dokumentation, that we are not responsable for the global warming.
Fact is, that everyone thinks that CO² is causing the global warming, but in the air only 0.5% is CO² and that is almost nothing.
An other thing is, that CO² and temperature have totally different doings, ifyou do a tebblet of the last 800 years.
A lot of scientistst say, that the themperature is causing the CO² to be more.
Why?
Because All the water on our planet has a LOT of CO² in reserve.
About 100 times more than in the air right now.
And if the themperatures go up, a lot of water is going into the air and releasing its CO².
And :
The earth has somekind of a rythm.
Like Summer and winter.
Right now we are going to the "Summer" of the earth.
Since the beginning of the earth, every 200 years, the earth is warming and cooling.
Now everyone is saying that, we are responable for all this.
It is totally normal!!!
But:
Why is the earth warming/Cooling every 200 years???
the answer is the sun.
Really, why do we people think, that we can change the temperature if we dont look up in the air!!!
This big round hot thing up in the sky it is waaaaaayyy bigger than the earth, waaaaaayyy hotter and waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy more dangerous.
Even if you look at the sun from here for a few minutes, you can blind!!
But CO²: You can look at it a whole lifetime and dont get blind, even if it is right next to your eyes! And the sun is out in space!
I think, that we are not responsable for the global warming, becaue it is happening every 200 years!
we are as much responsable for the global warming as for summer and winter.
So, stop worring about it and have fun in your life!

Posted Image

Top6 Coasters:
6:Raptor
5:Blue Fire
4:Maverick
3:Top Thrill Dragster
2:Millenium Force
1:Expedition GeForce

Coastercount: 62

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#16 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:40 AM

At the very least, you can reduce this issue to a degree if you have a few plants in your house.

These plants do have to come from somewhere... Unless you grow your own plants, this has no net result.

Like kne` builder said, there is a lot of CO2 in the oceans. And we can try to reduce the amount of CO2 we release into the air, but if the oceans provide much more CO2 to the air, our 'environment measures' have few to no influence. I think there's hardly anything to be done against the massive amount of CO2 in the oceans, but the best thing may be getting rid of the CO2 that is already in the air. Like pumping it into empty gas resources.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#17 The KNex Weasel

The KNex Weasel

SSC's Jazz Pianist

• 2477 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:39 AM

However, CO2 is not the only harmful gas people put into the air; there are many other dangerous chemicals brought about because of human activity (like carbon monoxide, which is probably better described as a poison than a gas). It can be argued that humans only play a small part of the global warming crisis (because we don't play the biggest part in it), but to claim that we play no part in it whatsoever is bullshit.

EDIT: I think "global warming" should actually be called "global pollution." If we cut down on the amount of harmful gases that emit because of human activity, we won't save the whole earth, but it will save more of the earth than continuing to put the chemicals into the air.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Credit to Spitfire.

Most recent success:

#18 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

A lot of you are missing the point in all of this. Humans make a major impact on the planet. If you don't believe that, you are just plain ignorant. Pollution of all forms (cars, factories, trash, toxic waste dumps, nuclear bomb testings, etc) makes a significant impact on the natural environment, changing ecosystems that we rely on, and that needs to be curtailed to protect our way of life and conserve our resources.

Ever been to a major city when it is warm and notice how crappy the air is? You are supposed to limit exposure to it because it is detrimental to your health. So let's just keep making more pollution, ignoring what is a clear problem because it may not increase global temperatures?

#19 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:20 AM

CA, you're writing in this thread like you're possessed by a preacher.

How hot was it when the Dinosaurs lived? FUCKING HOT.

Since then, it's gone hot to cold, then cold to hot, then hot to cold, then cold to hot. It's what the earth does.

The only problem is the pollution and how much CO2 we're producing compared to how much O2 we're producing..

#20 The KNex Weasel

The KNex Weasel

SSC's Jazz Pianist

• 2477 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:21 PM

When I said we "don't play the biggest part," I was referring to the question of one difference in weather temperatures vs. another. But the main thing is, we ARE still a big part of nature, and when we do damage to it, it causes a serious impact. If we keep polluting the world, toxic chemicals will seep into water, air, and even into soil used to grow plants (and I'm not talking about just CO2, either). As a result, when the temperatures DO get warmer, the air smells a lot worse, and the environment becomes hazardous. Again, imagine if I shoved your head into a vat of some poisonous gas and made you keep it there for hours. Then tell me how easy it'd be to live in that kind of environment.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Credit to Spitfire.

Most recent success: