25 replies to this topic

#1 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:38 PM

RCT2123 is building again!

*Hold for applause*

That is right folks I am back in the game! Well, at least, for now. About a year ago before I left for college I started building Déjà Vu. This is about as far as I got. Even though it is just a tower, it has a rather complex design. Take a look for yourself.

Overview.

Posted Image

Overview of the base.

Posted Image

Notice how the legs are connected to the upper spike. This took some trial and error, but after some work, and clever thinking, I got it done without making a big mess, and creating an eye soar.

Posted Image

Overview of Spike.

Posted Image

The whole thing will also be on top of a blue rod high base.

Posted Image

I hope you guys are as excited as I am. I will get you some more pictures as soon as I can.

Comment and Enjoy :cool:

-RCT2123

Posted Image

#2 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:39 PM

wow!are the supports strong and sturdy?

#3 rsteele06711

rsteele06711

Go Bulls!

• 323 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:40 PM

Wow thats really cool! I cant wait to see more!

Posted Image

RK500

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Spitfire!

#4 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:48 PM

Woohoo! You're building again! Can't wait to see more.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image
Intimidator305, El Toro, Maverick, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Top Thrill Dragster

#5 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:43 PM

Yay! Another coaster attempt for Tommy to add to his unfinished list! :P

I can't wait for this. I'm sure you have a plan to make it automatic.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#6 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:47 PM

Yay! Another coaster attempt for Tommy to add to his unfinished list! :P

I can't wait for this. I'm sure you have a plan to make it automatic.

Haha, jack ass. You know I am all about automation though. I should have some new pics in about ten minutes.

-RCT2123

Posted Image

#7 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:04 PM

So I kind of threw you guys for a loop (no pun intended). I was going to wait until tomorrow to reveal this, but oh well. Although, I did not actually lie about how much I had done, it was not entirely true. The tower I had left over from last summer is the main one you will see in these pictures. The tower I posted before is the duplicate. So now it is time for the actual construction pictures.

Overview.

Posted Image

Here is the pullout. I hot glued those rods in between the main tube supports.

Posted Image

Posted Image

A look up at where the Cobra Roll will be.

Posted Image

Cobra Roll supports.

Posted Image

Look up at the tower.

Posted Image

Here is some information about the ride.

It is an exact 1/30th scale. Every supports placement has been carefully thought out. Unlike normal coasters, the supports where build first and the track shaped around that. This was to ensure the scale stays, for the most part, accurate. All of the hot glued rods on the tower are intended to be as close as possible to the real thing. If you want you can count how many I have and compare it to the real one, I ensure you it is the same. I am not done gluing rods yet either, there is still much work to be done. Also, that is not the final station's supports. They are simply there for temporary support.

I hope you guys like what is going on with this.

-RCT2123

Posted Image

#8 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:10 PM

Wow, this is great! I really hope you're able to finish this and make it fully automatic-it will be incredible if you do.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#9 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:33 PM

I've been looking at RCDB and this is spot on! The only thing I can see different is you don't have the big wheels that the string is on. Look at this picture. I will be watching this!

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#10 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

Don't you worry they will be added. I want to finish the thing before I get it running automatically though. That is why there is no wheel. There is also no wheel on top.

-RCT2123

Posted Image

#11 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:50 PM

Wow! These supports are amazing. Very well done. I hope it works!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image
Intimidator305, El Toro, Maverick, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Top Thrill Dragster

#12 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:54 PM

Completely awesome this is almost as/more exciteing as watching diamondback in construction because you are using tubes!

I love that support structure it would be just perfect for a mf recreation ( patent those supports for aminspec)

Cant wait to see more!

#13 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

Looking good!

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#14 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:08 AM

PKI, you know this'll be better than yours....

Seriously excited for this one, hope you can complete it. Genius support structure and scaling..

-OL659-

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#15 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:57 AM

Well duh. It's already better than mine. And Tommy and I go way back, so I always give him crap. And so does he.

Tommy, nice job, you over-achiever.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#16 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:13 PM

I really like this. There is so many recreations going on (I think it is because of top model). Well this will be a epic coaster. Good job!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#17 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:04 PM

Wow! These supports are amazing. Very well done. I hope it works!

Thanks, I take pride in supports, I always have :lol:.

Completely awesome this is almost as/more exciteing as watching diamondback in construction because you are using tubes!

I love that support structure it would be just perfect for a mf recreation ( patent those supports for aminspec)

Cant wait to see more!

That means a lot man. I will be happy if it has half of the epicness of DB. I will make sure to patent them sometime.

Looking good!

Thanks.

PKI, you know this'll be better than yours....

Seriously excited for this one, hope you can complete it. Genius support structure and scaling..

-OL659-

PKI's was awesome at that time. Standards have changed so much from back then. Thanks for the compliments.

Well duh. It's already better than mine. And Tommy and I go way back, so I always give him crap. And so does he.

Tommy, nice job, you over-achiever.

Well I am infamous for never finishing things haha. I can be pretty good when I actually try though, huh? Let's see how long I can keep this going :lol:.

I really like this. There is so many recreations going on (I think it is because of top model). Well this will be a epic coaster. Good job!

You mean the MOTY. Thanks.

I worked on the Cobra Roll all last night. I basically have the shape of the first pull-in. It was kind of being a pain so it took me awhile to get it working. I just need to connect it to the supports and I should have some pictures. Also I did a quick, non fully supported, speed test, and it had great results, so I am optimistic about that.

-RCT2123

Posted Image

#18 coasterfanatic11

coasterfanatic11

Who said that?!?

• 1190 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:26 PM

Hmmm, I'm having Deja Vu, maybe it's about last year...? :D Anywho, it looks great Tommy! I'm pretty sure that once you get a way to get the automatic shuttle-thing to work, that either RightWayTrey will one-up it, or that everyone will use it. Good luck with finishing this!

-cf11 :cool:

Posted Image

^props to CAC!^

Check out Semeru!

#19 RCT2123

RCT2123

• 5771 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:06 PM

I'm pretty sure that once you get a way to get the automatic shuttle-thing to work, that either RightWayTrey will one-up it, or that everyone will use it.

Haha so freaking true. He at least will perfect it. If I can't figure it out I will be going to him for help. Thanks.

-RCT2123

Posted Image

#20 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:04 PM

Haha so freaking true. He at least will perfect it. If I can't figure it out I will be going to him for help. Thanks.

Maybe not...;)

This thing looks insane! You'd better not cancel this one, or else...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: duct, hill, lift, tape, tubing