• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 coasterfanatic11

coasterfanatic11

Who said that?!?

• 1190 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:31 PM

Monday July 5, 2010

Hi guys! The title may have been misleading, but my name is Jonathan as well. I am going to be turning 16 in about 2 1/2 months, and will be a sophmore in high school. I'm also very short, at around 5'2". I play tennis, and am a manager for the basketball team. I am also in Quiz Bowl/Knowledge Masters. In band, I play alto saxophone, and actually managed to make Jazz 1, Alto 1 for Jazz Band!

At the moment, I was building a custom looper (Assassin), but I think I will turn it into a Silverstar recreation for MOTY. I highly doubt that I'll have a chance at winning, but the rule about finishing the coaster will help me actually complete a coaster for once.

I have also been watching a LOT of the World Cup. I actually spent about 3 hours today making Lego "flags" of the countries remaining!
Holland:
Posted Image
Uruguay:
Posted Image
Germany:
Posted Image
Spain:
Posted Image
The Semifinals:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I doubt all of my entries will be this long, but the first one's always the longest, right?

-cf11 :cool:

Posted Image

^props to CAC!^

Check out Semeru!

#2 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:35 PM

Welcome to the journal train. Who are you pulling for in the WC now?

#3 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:41 PM

You put too much effort in Uruguay, a waste of time if you ask me. ;)

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#4 coasterfanatic11

coasterfanatic11

Who said that?!?

• 1190 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:48 PM

Welcome to the journal train. Who are you pulling for in the WC now?

Thanks! I'm pulling for either Deutschland or Holland, I haven't decided yet.

You put too much effort in Uruguay, a waste of time if you ask me. ;)

Haha, I was pulling for Holland anyway, I just thought it would be fun to make all the flags.

Tuesday July 6, 2010

Well today I had a really busy day. I had my usual summer school from 8-12, and weight lifting (for tennis) from 12:15 until 1:20. Then, I went to a sports store to get my tennis raquet restrung. At 2:15, I had a band lesson, and had band until 5:30.

I also forgot to say some stuff yesterday. First of all, I enjoy solving twisty puzzles, like the Rubik's cube. My best time on my 3x3 cube is 25.66 seconds, my 5x5 cube: 4:39.xx, and my gigaminx: 27:57.xx.

I am also going to recreate Silverstar at Europa Park for MOTY (Summer Heat) Hopefully, I can finish it. I didn't have time to build at all today, and realized that I am on a very short time schedule for me, with how fast I build. :rolleyes: At the moment, I am still "reconfiguring" my lift from Assassin into a more appropriate one for Silverstar, mainly the angle (Assassin's was slightly less than 45*) Also, can anyone tell me if the first turn (the hill) is at a 90* angle to the lift, or something else?

Hopefully I can update this almost every day, and will probably post pictureless updates of my "project" in here. I am also thinking I may as well just keep this going after Summer Heat is done.

So yeah, entry number 2! :)

Posted Image

^props to CAC!^

Check out Semeru!

#5 coasterfanatic11

coasterfanatic11

Who said that?!?

• 1190 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:26 PM

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Well, my last few days haven't been as exciting (except for World Cup games). I have 4 days of summer school left, followed by Drivers' ED, and a trip to Missouri! (CIY). I've been playing some Sim City, and trying to draw out my drop for Silverstar on graph paper.

To be honest, I have no idea who I want to win tomorrow! I like both teams (Spain and Holland), and I like both strikers (David Villa and Wesley Schneijder (spelling, Gump?) So I'll probably just have fun watching the game.

Hopefully I can (kind of) get a discussion going in my thread like I've seen in other peoples' threads. If not, oh well.

Entry number 3!

Posted Image

^props to CAC!^

Check out Semeru!

#6 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:13 PM

Hmm, I hope you do a good job on Silver Star, it's just such a good coaster.

I think schneijder had a pretty bad season, but I still have a lot of hope Holland is going to win...
We are more a "Team" as other teams, we play better together in my oppinion.

#7 coasterfanatic11

coasterfanatic11

Who said that?!?

• 1190 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:33 PM

Thursday July 15, 2010

Wow, long time no see! I was extremely busy the last week or so with summer school finishing up today, a band trip, and craploads of other stuff.

To start, I went on a trip to Omaha, Nebraska yesterday to see the Drum Corps International (DCI) show. All of them sucked. I mean, none of them even played! :D Actually, what happened was that the first group came on, the drum major was about to give the starting downbeat, and then some people came onto the field and told them they had to go off because of lighting. Sure enough, we looked over our shoulders, and these really dark clouds came rolling into view over the top of Millard South Stadium. So, we had to go inside the high school, and when we got to the top of the bleachers, the wind picked up about 20-30 mph, and the tornado sirens went off! So, we waited inside for an hour and a half, until the show got cancelled. Then, we hopped back on the bus (after spending 10 minutes finding it in the "calm" of the storm with a HUGE double rainbow off to our left), and proceded to wait another half hour before being able to leave (a bunch of trucks and stuff were blocking our way out, we were effectively boxed in). So, we had fun watching the lightning while waiting, and all the way home. Lots of fun, really, except for not getting to watch the show.

Next, I found out today that I have two cavities from stuff getting under the metal bands on my molars (braces). So, I get two seperate appointments to take care of that... fun.

I watched the World Cup Final, but I liked both teams, so I didn't really pull for anyone. I did feel bad for Robben with so many misses, but I also thought it was cool how Spain won the World Cup, and Rafael Nadal won Wimbledon.

Also, I finally got myself downstairs to work on Silverstar, but got frustrated with how the drop's turning out. Have a look:
Posted Image
Help?

Entry number 4!

Posted Image

^props to CAC!^

Check out Semeru!

#8 coasterfanatic11

coasterfanatic11

Who said that?!?

• 1190 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:44 PM

Monday August 2, 2010

Wow! Long time no see!
So on Saturday, I got back from CIY in Missouri. It was awesome! Imagine a church camp on steroids! I also left my camera on the bus on the way home, so I won't have that for a while...

I'm gonna start building on my coaster soon, but seeing as I have band camp from 8:00-11:45 and 6:00-10:00 every day this week, I'm not gonna have much time. I'm also going to start learning full OLL and PLL for the 3x3 cube, as I told myself awhile back that after I got a consistent sub-40 second average, I would learn full OLL/PLL.

So yeah, Entry number 5!

Posted Image

^props to CAC!^

Check out Semeru!

#9 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:58 PM

CIY?

Really have no idea what it is.

#10 coasterfanatic11

coasterfanatic11

Who said that?!?

• 1190 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:33 PM

^It's a youth conference. Christ In Youth. There were 1500 kids from like 6 states there. Another name for it is MOVE.

Posted Image

^props to CAC!^

Check out Semeru!

#11 coasterfanatic11

coasterfanatic11

Who said that?!?

• 1190 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:40 PM

Monday August 9, 2010

Well, I've had an interesting week at band camp! We basically had two-a-days (8:00-11:45, 6:00-10:00 pm) Also, I started liking this girl named Haile. At first, I thought my chances were decent, but then last night I learned that she doesn't like me like that, just as a friend. That's how it turns out every single time I like someone! And to think I was enough of an idiot to think that this would turn out any different is just worse. I was even thinking of asking her to Homecoming. Grrr.

Also, yesterday and today I've been working on improving my cubes. At the moment, I am still getting petroleum jelly out of my gigaminx, after it's soaked twice for a half hour each time (once without soap, once with) I also tried putting sand in my "bad" 3x3, but that didn't work. So, I tried putting the pieces from my broken, former speedcubing, 3x3, and bingo! It worked much better and was much looser, meaning that the pieces were the problem and not the core! So, tonight, I'm going to put sand in my "revamped" 3x3 as well as my good one. Hopefully that works.

Today, I kinda sorta built on Assassin (it's back!). I'm sort of figuring out how to build a drop with a Diamondback-like turn at the bottom (except mine goes left)

Entry number 6!

Posted Image

^props to CAC!^

Check out Semeru!

#12 coasterfanatic11

coasterfanatic11

Who said that?!?

• 1190 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:07 PM

Sunday October 3, 2010

Well! I haven't posted on here in forever! So, I'm not dead, I've just been busy. (Marching Band, Tennis, etc...)

I've been in marching band with practice starting at 7:00 in the morning, which means I get there at 6:40! Fun! Yesterday, we had our first competition at Columbus, Nebraska. We did fairly well, scoring a 67.9. Now people who know how these are scored are thinking: "67?! that's terrible!" but hang on. This is our first year with a 9-12 band, so we have two new grades, and we just got done learning sets for our third song this week, so it's not too bad!

In tennis, I've had several duals/meets lately. Overall, my record is 10-5. (7-2 for "challenge" matches to decide spots on the "ladder", and 3-3 in matches against other schools.) My being 7-2 in challenge matches has landed me in the #15 position (meaning I rank 15th on the team out of 23).

So yeah, Long time no see! Feel free to comment! And I believe this is entry number 7?

Posted Image

^props to CAC!^

Check out Semeru!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montana, recreation, rusa