blitz riddles

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 CCC

CCC

ChristianCoasterCreator

• 231 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:41 PM

Hey guys. Here is the start to my 2nd custom coaster CopperHead. It features a launch into a cobra roll followed by a loop. Not quite sure what the rest of the layout will be. Im just makin it up as I go along. Now for the Pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a quick test vid:

Please Comment! Be Harsh!

Coasters Are My Hobby
Jesus Is My Life

Posted Image

My YouTube Page

#2 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:49 PM

Looks pretty good. Quite a bit shaky though. I think that you should make your own custom launch instead of boasters. Other wise it looks pretty good :)

#3 CCC

CCC

ChristianCoasterCreator

• 231 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:09 PM

Looks pretty good. Quite a bit shaky though. I think that you should make your own custom launch instead of boasters. Other wise it looks pretty good :)

Im currently supporting the Cobra Roll more now so it wont shake as much. Also the boosters are only temperary until I finish the launch completely.

Coasters Are My Hobby
Jesus Is My Life

Posted Image

My YouTube Page

#4 CCC

CCC

ChristianCoasterCreator

• 231 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:54 PM

Hey guys here is Update 2! Enjoy!

Coasters Are My Hobby
Jesus Is My Life

Posted Image

My YouTube Page

#5 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:58 PM

HOORAY FOR STAR WARS! But that last element turn thing looks very disformed.

Posted Image

#6 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:54 PM

That is a terrific cobra roll. That turn into the MCBR... not so much, although i can't really see it. If you post some pictures, we can help you more.

#7 CCC

CCC

ChristianCoasterCreator

• 231 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:09 PM

Here is the pic of the turn. Also I included a pic of the layout so you can get a better idea of what it will look like. Also should I run it with 2 or 3 cars per train? It will make it with both. Also thanks. This is my first attempt at a cobra roll. I've made it much more stable since the first update but it still wiggles a bit durning the section where there are no supports. I added track strengtheners though so that helped alot.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Red= The Launch
Green= Cobra Roll
Dark Blue= Loop
Yellow= Consits of an upward turn. Then turns over the launch twice. Then curves down under the first turn and the launch.
Light Blue= Station
Orange= Turn from station to launch.

Please Respond! Be Harsh!

Coasters Are My Hobby
Jesus Is My Life

Posted Image

My YouTube Page

#8 love4kanex

love4kanex

Architect

• 334 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:21 PM

Awesome!! One thing, however, i'm having a little trouble following the layout because it's not labeled does it helix down or up then goes over the launch to a station or is that a break run?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coaster Count: 36

Knex Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/love4knex

New channel with funny videos:
http://www.youtube.c...ideosandstuff11

#9 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:24 PM

Looks pretty cool! But please put middle tubing on the ride. The top of the hill thing gets flat and it doesn't even bank at the end! I would make a heart-lined buckle/transfer thing. It would look a lot better!

Childish ,yes but 200 POST!

Posted Image

#10 CCC

CCC

ChristianCoasterCreator

• 231 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:25 PM

^^Yeah srry about that I forgot to add the labels below it.
^Yeah thats what I am doing right now lol. I took that pic just to show the turn. The other turn does bank now and is much different. Also I just added middle tubing.

Coasters Are My Hobby
Jesus Is My Life

Posted Image

My YouTube Page

#11 CCC

CCC

ChristianCoasterCreator

• 231 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:58 PM

Hey guys. My compuer finally gave out and I need to wait a few days for Dell support to come and fix it. Copperhead is finished but I shortened the layout so that it turns into the station after the loop. I'm currentley on my itouch and this message is taking like ten minutes to type. But anyways final vid up as soon as I get a new AC/DC power adapter and/or hardrive. See you then :)

-CCC

Coasters Are My Hobby
Jesus Is My Life

Posted Image

My YouTube Page

#12 CCC

CCC

ChristianCoasterCreator

• 231 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:32 PM

Hey guys here is the final vid for CopperHead. Enjoy!

Coasters Are My Hobby
Jesus Is My Life

Posted Image

My YouTube Page

#13 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:55 PM

very nice, whenever i attempt a launch coaster i always end up cancelling, so great job on this, its small, but nice, also, i think you could do a better job on that station though, and you should add some friction brakes on that hill into the station instead of that motor stopping it

#14 CCC

CCC

ChristianCoasterCreator

• 231 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:55 AM

There are some friction brakes. You can see them at 0:26. The the motor is just there so the car goes through the station a little slower but it itself does not stop the train. Pics up soon.

Coasters Are My Hobby
Jesus Is My Life

Posted Image

My YouTube Page

#15 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

WOW! Short but really cool! I like the friction brakes too! What did you use for the the brakes and what was your launch?

Posted Image

#16 CCC

CCC

ChristianCoasterCreator

• 231 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:57 PM

The Launch was my own version of a Jesper Launch. The Brakes consisted of a a black straight conector with a small black rod on the top. It was connected to the bottom of two crossties by a blue rod. These work very well for slowing the train down and are VERY simple but you need to add a few and pack them in tight between the crossties so that they dont move at all. Also here are the epic Pics I promised (I took these a few days before the vid and in wierd lighting but it created a really cool effect):

Here is a quick example of the brakes for Jumge:
Posted Image

And EPIC Pics of CopperHead:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Coasters Are My Hobby
Jesus Is My Life

Posted Image

My YouTube Page

#17 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:42 PM

Wow, you have some pretty cool lighting in that room. And that's amazing for your 2nd coaster. Like everyone else, I'd love to see what you can do with a much bigger endeavor.

#18 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:09 PM

Very interesting coaster, even though it is small. It is shaped very well, especially for only being your second.

The video was also pretty good. Some videos I can't hardly stand watching the first time, but this one I viewed a second time and enjoyed it. I liked the interesting views in the video, and just the fact that they were stable (no shaky handheld shots) :P.
One thing that could have been improved though is to have the clips go by a little faster (have less time just staring at the track before the train goes by). The video was still good overall though.;)

Posted Image

Valleyfair Recres:..........My Tutorials:......

................Steel Venom................Automatic Station Gates.......

..........Corkscrew...................Automatic Drill Launch....

...Round About................Auto on/off switch..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blitz, riddles