fraggie

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:02 PM

Just wanted to get you guys ready for my next project, might be a little while before I really get started but wanted to show you.
Posted Image

#2 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

I hope you find time to start this soon, becouse I can tell it will be amazing.

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#3 rucdoc

rucdoc

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:31 PM

I like the direction your going, the grey really brings out the green of the track supports

No the four people standing behind you are not ninja's hired by me to kill you, those are two figments of your imagination, a glare spot from your light and a Jehova's wittness

#4 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:42 PM

Launch track? I hope so!

#5 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:47 PM

^thats what i was thinking also..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:03 AM

yes, it looks like a like a launch track. At least I like to see you're building with tubes :)!

Posted Image

#7 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

Possible update coming this weekend ;) Haven't been able to work too much on this because I still need a final video for my woodie. Progress will be slow but once I take down the woodie I will begin thorough construction. I'm debating whether I should make this my chirstmas coaster or if I will have time after to make a woodie. What do you think?

#8 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:47 PM

I think this one should be your christmas coaster, because you have already built a woodie and to build another woodie for christmas is not a good idea I think. Also I don't think you're to have enough time ;)

Posted Image

#9 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:15 PM

Done with my woodie (Timber) I am going to take it down the rest of this week and beginning of the weekend. Then construction should be in full swing by Sunday or early next week.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_6-eG_GZ8vc

Oh and I've got some cool news. My friend made me my final video because I was just too lazy too. Today in physics we started a new chapter involving centripetal force and were talking about roller coasters. So my friend who made the video, Mark, says to my teacher that I know a lot about roller coasters and I build them in my free time. I didn't really want to show the class but since the video is on Mark's youtube page he put it on the computer and projected it for the whole class to see. My teacher says we are doing a project sometime in January where we have to make a roller coaster-ish thing. She said she would give me extra credit to make a roller coaster and bring it in. I already know what ride that will be, and it will be Fraggie Force!!! Once I am done with this launcher, I will rebuild the drop and loop from the original Fraggie Force then bring it to school for extra credit. The only thing is I need some layout suggestions. Post and ideas you have in the Fraggie orce thread please. Thanks guys in advance.
Just felt like sharing this with you

#10 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:20 PM

^ So cool. I wish I could use my coasters for school.

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu

#11 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:03 PM

^ i used a coaster for a school project in 5th grade. it was a vertical drop and an air hill. it showed energy transfer from kentic to poetential

#12 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:08 PM

Small update....
Posted Image
And yes, I'm aware I need to add the diagonal supports.

#13 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:13 PM

Done with my woodie (Timber) I am going to take it down the rest of this week and beginning of the weekend. Then construction should be in full swing by Sunday or early next week.
YouTube - Timber by Fraggie

Oh and I've got some cool news. My friend made me my final video because I was just too lazy too. Today in physics we started a new chapter involving centripetal force and were talking about roller coasters. So my friend who made the video, Mark, says to my teacher that I know a lot about roller coasters and I build them in my free time. I didn't really want to show the class but since the video is on Mark's youtube page he put it on the computer and projected it for the whole class to see. My teacher says we are doing a project sometime in January where we have to make a roller coaster-ish thing. She said she would give me extra credit to make a roller coaster and bring it in. I already know what ride that will be, and it will be Fraggie Force!!! Once I am done with this launcher, I will rebuild the drop and loop from the original Fraggie Force then bring it to school for extra credit. The only thing is I need some layout suggestions. Post and ideas you have in the Fraggie orce thread please. Thanks guys in advance.
Just felt like sharing this with you

I think that you should build a recreation of the time machine instead.

Edit: Or a recreation from your home park will do just fine.

Posted Image

#14 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:16 PM

WOW! Looks great! How high do you plan on making this at it's highest? It looks great, and the next element looks like it could be a *cough*inverted tophat or tophat*cough* something....

Posted Image

#15 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:19 PM

I think that you should build a recreation of the time machine instead.

Edit: Or a recreation from your home park will do just fine.

Well I really want to build Fraggie Force again. I just had so many other things on my mind that I lost interest in it. But if I do it again for school I kind of have to so it will be completed. And the closest park is Lake Compounce and I don't think I can recreate Boulderdash

#16 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:23 PM

WOW! Looks great! How high do you plan on making this at it's highest? It looks great, and the next element looks like it could be a *cough*inverted tophat or tophat*cough* something....

I don't like inverted tophats alot. Tophat I like though.

Its pretty! Now build fast!

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png

#17 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:28 AM

That is so neat that you can take your coaster in to school. Being able to show people the product of all your hard work, and having them really interested in it, is so encouraging!

Anyway, your tubes look really good so far. Good luck with the diagonals, they can sometimes be a pain if they're at weird angles.

#18 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:58 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:46 PM

Dayyyum those look nice. Are you going to add diagonals to the bottom section?

Posted Image

#20 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:23 PM

omg... I like this so far! Those strata supports are hottt! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fraggie