fraggie

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:42 PM

Very nice I love the shaping of the drop and supports! It is so unusual the way the pre drop turns one way then the little hill goes another before the pullout turns again! Great job can't wait to see where it goes next!

#42 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

There are not any flaws with this coaster! Everything is so smooth and well shaped! Keep up the great work!!

#43 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:59 PM

I love it Fraggie! The layout is really twisted and smooth. I especially like the laterals, whenever I see those on a model coaster, it just makes it look 10X better.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#44 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

Changed it a bit so the pullin is straight. Hopefully it can conserve some important speed I will need later. Might end up changing it back though, depends on how this next element turns out. I still need to clean my train. Right now it doesn't make it over the hill, but once I clean the train I think it will make it. How is my basic shaping though? It looks kind of funny to me.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please comment!

#45 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

Your basic shaping is good, even if it is a little funny like you said. I'll try and point out what I see that's funny with it, these spots really aren't a major issue but I'll still point them out. (From the top) 2nd picture: The left part of the pullout, it looks like it doesn't un-bank gradually enough. Your 4th and 5th picture: The right side of the pullout does seem to be out of symmetry. Or maybe it's that the hill becomes steep too fast. Also, I'm probably wrong about this but, maybe it's because the hill is just too steep in general relative to the crest. 7th picture: The top part of it un-banks too fast, and it may look less awkward if there's less of a un-banked spot on such a part of a ride. The 'funny spots' aren't a big deal, I just thought I'd point them out.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#46 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

I think it's a tad sharp at the very bottom of the pullout. Besides that, everything else looks great.

#47 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

Your basic shaping is good, even if it is a little funny like you said. I'll try and point out what I see that's funny with it, these spots really aren't a major issue but I'll still point them out. (From the top) 2nd picture: The left part of the pullout, it looks like it doesn't un-bank gradually enough. Your 4th and 5th picture: The right side of the pullout does seem to be out of symmetry. Or maybe it's that the hill becomes steep too fast. Also, I'm probably wrong about this but, maybe it's because the hill is just too steep in general relative to the crest. 7th picture: The top part of it un-banks too fast, and it may look less awkward if there's less of a un-banked spot on such a part of a ride. The 'funny spots' aren't a big deal, I just thought I'd point them out.

Okay I see where the bottom unbanks too quickly and makes it sharp. I will fix that. and I also see where it seems to be "unsymmetrical" so I will fix that too. As for the steepness, that might be a problem. I will see about starting the crest sooner so it isn't as steep. I'm not sure what you're referring to in the 7th picture though. Thank you very much for pointing everything out!

I think it's a tad sharp at the very bottom of the pullout. Besides that, everything else looks great.

Are you talking about the very bottom where it unbanks like SCM was referring to?

Any more comments guys before the next update in a few days? I wont be able to work on it until Monday-ish.

#48 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

Looks good so far and the hill is smooth keep it up dude!

#49 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

I made a few small adjustments, how is this?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Comments?

#50 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

That is much better. My only complaint goes over to that the pullout seems to have some small straight spots on it. It may just be the way the picture is, but the pullout does have a straight spot that just makes the rest of the pullout look like it has straight spots. Allow me to point it out:
Spoiler

Also, though I'm not entirely sure it's there, the very middle of the pullout itself does seem sharp and probably should be raised. Your overall shaping is good, though, so that's great to see.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#51 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

Yeah, it looks better. It needs a bit of ironing out, though.

#52 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

A little banking in the pull-out wouldn't hurt, but I can imagine that you want to move on to the next element.

Posted Image

#53 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

It's been a while but I finally have an update. What do you guys think? The hill just looks a bit strange to me but I can't put my finger on it.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please comment!!

#54 Kumba2013

Kumba2013

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

I think the pull in on the hill is too long shorten it up and you'll be just fine.

You were probably expecting a better signature

Favorite coasters
1.Cheetah Hunt
2. Wildfire
3. Kumba
4. Raging Bull
5. Sheikra
Kumba2013 Supports *Equality*: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=hlVBg7_08n0

#55 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

I think the top of the hill looks strange because there's white space. If you build up the supports just a tiny bit, it may not look so odd.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image
currently featuring ... Pine Mine: A Real Terrain Coaster

#56 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:46 AM

The shape of the hill is fine. Trackwork looks really smooth as well. I see that you are adding lateral supports to the structure of the hill, nice!

Posted Image

#57 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

It looks like there might be a bump right where the upside down track connector is but other than that it looks great.

Posted Image

#58 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

I think it's not the shaping of the track, but the supports that are making it look a bit funky. Try messing around with supports ad see if that makes a difference. But overall, it looks awesome.

Posted Image

#59 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

I think the pull in on the hill is too long shorten it up and you'll be just fine.

Eh I think the pull in is fine. I like the way it looks and how its a little too big.

I think the top of the hill looks strange because there's white space. If you build up the supports just a tiny bit, it may not look so odd.

I did fix supports and it does look much better so thank you!

The shape of the hill is fine. Trackwork looks really smooth as well. I see that you are adding lateral supports to the structure of the hill, nice!

Thank you! I will hopefully add laterals throughout the whole ride.

It looks like there might be a bump right where the upside down track connector is but other than that it looks great.

Thanks and I will go back and fix that bump.

I think it's not the shaping of the track, but the supports that are making it look a bit funky. Try messing around with supports ad see if that makes a difference. But overall, it looks awesome.

I fixed the supports and it looks much better.

I got a little further, not sure if I will keep this or scratch it. Let me know your opinions.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please comment!

#60 amagzi24

amagzi24

Time-lacking Peasant

• 439 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

I think that looks excellent, but you should probably bank and head right after the top of it to flow, sort of like the high speed hill near the beginning of Leviathan.

Fury325|MF|Maverick|Shambhala|TTD|El Toro|Diamondback|Griffon|Valravn|Boulder Dash|Leviathan 

Coaster Count: 215

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fraggie