fraggie

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#81 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

Shaping looks superb! There is a bit of shaking right before the turn, but I think the lateral supports will do the job.

Thank you! I added laterals to the air hill and it no longer shakes.

Defiantly one of my favorite wooden coasters so far! keep it up!

Thank you!

This is really nice! Nothing wrong with overall shaping. Just a small detail: The track after the turnaround thing seems to have straight spots in it. That's all I could find, though.

Thanks, except I'm not sure where the straight spot your talking about is.

*Blows kisses at the shaping (ooo weird, even for me).* Just one thing though and I know this is from quite a way back in the build but there appears to be a kind of bump about half way down the drop closest to the camera. Is this just a camera trick or should this be fixed?

Thank you! And it isn't a bump its just the way the track unbanks from one way and banks the other.

That looks very nice! I'm liking how this coaster is turning out!

Thank you!!

Looks fantastic! That turnaround looks both classic and GCI-like. :)

Thanks!

Dang Frags! You got a good looking coaster there! Looks great! I can't find anything to really critique so I'll just keep blabbing on with compliments. :P I've always liked your style with woodies!

-cf11 (H)

Thank you!

Gorgeous, makes me want to go build.

Always good to hear I'm inspiring someone.

Looks awesome dude and it makes it too ya, just put the laterals on the turn at the bottom to reduce the shaking like helmet said and your good!

Thank you!

Haven't gotten around to adding all the laterals yet. I've been having a little trouble getting the train to make the layout consistently. As many of you probably know, humidity and temperature is a key factor for the speed of the train, and the last 2 weeks in the northeast have been horrifically humid! So my train would not make it over through the turn. I'm working on putting a dehumidifier in the basement so it will be the same humidity all the time. I haven't been able to get much work done on it because I don't want to get too far into the build and end up having the train not make it. So right now, progress is halted until I can get the train to make it every time! Sorry to those who thought this was an update but hopefully one will be coming within the next few days.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fraggie