Bad News for Hyper Jump... :'(

first coaster lambchopz tube supported winter coaster

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Poll: How's the coaster/prelift looking so far???

How's the coaster/prelift looking so far???

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:55 AM

^I am going to finish it, but I've tried it all: drill, rubberband, your jesper launch, even pushing it (which did work for some reason), but the other ways just can't make it up over the 2nd hill.

So because of that, I've decided to make it..... into....... a....... Lift hill!!!!!!!

I've decided to not make a traditional lift, it will be mostly like a eurofighter lift ("Great..." Yes I know), but it won't go over a 95* drop, and this is due to the height needed, and small space I have for the coaster to make it over the 2nd hill. I didn't take the launch apart yet, but I have done a bit of measuring, and it will work if I can get it to go vertical in less than 3 yellow rods and everything will be kept the same unless it needs to have a small change to it. I was also thinking about using a special way of getting my chain to stay to the lift, if I can find it.

Hopefully I didn't upset anyone about turning HJ into a lift. =]

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#62 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

DP, again. Man, does no one ever check out this coaster anymore?

Anway, I've just run into bad newS:

1. The coaster itself, I have already lost a lot of interest in it. Its been taking up my basement for over a month now, and I only have another month to build another coaster before I need to re-make my PJAS project again.

2. I have tried all that I could to get this coaster to work; launch, normal lift, Eurofighter lift, and none of it works.

Not only loosing interest in this, but also to have it not work is really wanting me to re-make the coaster, not cancel it.
If you all who read this could comment to say if I should re-do HyperJump, or I should move on to another coaster.

Your opinions do help a lot with this, and will help determin the future of HJ.
Thanks.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#63 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:19 PM

Move onto another coaster. I canceled catapult, tried to rebuild it, but it never worked out.

Posted Image

#64 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

^but by rebuild, I mean to take apart the whole coaster, and make the lift hill, then the rest, instead of the other way around. I'll need more votes to make a new coaster before I actually destroy it.

#65 Aaron

Aaron

Keep Harpin' On

• 636 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:34 PM

I also say move on to another one. But in what ways does in not work? Not enough speed or something?

EDIT* I agree with vv pkiknex25, I think you should build with boxes for a while first before using tubes.

Posted Image

#66 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:36 PM

Yeah, the momentium of the car can always get over the 1st hill, but the 2nd hill is the problem. If there isn't enough speed in the launch/lift, then it won't make it through the ride. I'm possibly going to make a recreation next, but on a smaller scale out of tubes, just to play it safe...

#67 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:40 PM

My advice: Don't build with tubes yet.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#68 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:43 PM

Well its either that, or ugly box supports.

#69 Aaron

Aaron

Keep Harpin' On

• 636 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:09 PM

Boxes aren't necessarily ugly, unless you make them so. If you make them sleek and close to the track, they can actually look very nice.

Posted Image

#70 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:29 PM

Hmm, well it will be taken apart then, except for the station.

I actually have to re-make my PJAS project, so this will have to be canceled. :'(

Thats 4 coasters now on my belt for being canceled.

#71 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:30 PM

Well its either that, or ugly box supports.

Screw you boxes are the best and are by no means ugly.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#72 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

^ Well its my opinion, so if you don't like it, oh well.

#73 CCI

CCI

Getting Furious in 2015

• 2019 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:48 PM

Sometimes I think tubes are uglier than boxes if their not used right.

Posted Image

l El Toro l Fury325 l I305 l Skyrush l RFII l

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

My RCT2 Projects!

RCT2 Help/Download

#74 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:49 PM

^Well thats the thing, my boxes are usually ugly or just plain stupid, but if I make them to my standards of good, that typically means is horrible.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: first coaster, lambchopz, tube supported, winter coaster