burrito jeromy journal master tbm's

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:19 PM

This is what i have so far. I am using a 4-ft scorpion lift at approx. 30* with a phoenix/diamondback combo train (7 cars). I may try to buy another phoenix train so it looks better. Also, i could use a few more scorpion bases if anyone is willing to part with them.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
(disregard the straight track before the turn into the station, this is simply a loading bay right now and will be changed)

Posted Image

-CD33

Posted Image

#2 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:51 PM

Finally, another Coaster Dynamix!!!!!!! from the style of B&M, it seems to be working so far. Can't wait to see this work!

I really want to see your pre-drop, I want to see if it turns out as I'm going to guess it is...

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#3 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:28 AM

Update: did this new stuff in the same day as the last post.
^ did this "turn" out like you expected?? The angle of the big drop may need some work.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Comments?

-CD33

Posted Image

#4 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:25 AM

wow, that looksreally good!
maybe you can make it a little bit steeper

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#5 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:57 PM

^thanks! Ya i'm working on the drop right now and i'm getting the curvature (steepness) correct i think but I am having trouble with keeping the track in a straight line and the cross-ties all straight too. I'm not sure if it's the supports, or the rails doing it, but something keeps pulling the spine outwards sideways, i think it must be the rails.

Plus just a tip: the black spine (or at least the stuff i got) does not seem to work as well with the scorpion crossties as the original yellow spine did (the one with the line down the center on one side).

-CD33

Posted Image

#6 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:19 PM

Wow this is the first time I've been able to follow a CD!

looks good! Is this based off of a certain ride in particular.

#7 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:21 PM

Update: i began the first element after finishing the drop, guess what it is? A sea serpent. So far i'm getting over the whole thing with good speed. BTW, i removed the black spine from the drop and switched to original yellow spine, it just holds the cross-ties much better. It's too bad tho because I really wanted this thing to be black and yellow, so i could name it: "Yellow Jacket". Whatever, i guess i will still use a few black spines so i'll keep the name.

^this ride will be inspired by B+M loopers but not modeled after any ride in particular, no.

Pics:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-CD33

Posted Image

#8 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:42 PM

wow, i like the seaserpent, but there are 2 white tubes, all the rest arr red

Posted Image
Eruption
Posted Image

#9 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:44 PM

Everything looks great, except the drop. It's a litte weird looking. Also in the same picture:
Posted Image

HOW COULD YOU? TRAITOR!

Posted Image

#10 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:45 PM

HEY no one got mad when i combined LEGO with KNEX on my station for Lengua Del Diablo? I know...but most of those legos are my brothers, i swear!

^^ BTW, i am using some CPVC tubing (sold at any hardware store) to replace or add to some of the structure that I will have (^^thus the white tubes). It makes it easier sometimes to build supports this way since the tube is one measured piece (instead of connecting diff. tube sizes together to make your support) and it saves on parts so you don't run out. But my plan is to paint all the white tubes that nice maroon color once I have everything finished in the structure.

-CD33

Posted Image

#11 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:42 AM

MAn you already have 4 out of 9 inversions done... This is Epic!

#12 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:39 PM

^ make that 5 out of 8 inversions.

Update:

If you noticed I changed the title from 9-inversion to 8. Simply because with the amount of pet hair in my house i dont think i would get 9 inversions consistently. I also have changed the train from a 7-car sitdown style to the scorpion inverted train with 8 cars, so i'm gonna call this a stand up so it looks more accurate. Why?? I just get WAY more speed out of the scorpion train than the phoenix/diamondback ones. This is because since my coaster is a looper, the train is constantly switching which wheels it rides on as it goes thru the course. As most of you may know, the scorpion trains have steel wheels on 3 sides, whereas the phoenix only has top and bottom, and no side wheels. Also, the bottom wheels on the phoenix train are plastic, and i don't care what anyone says, they don't work as well as the steel ones do on the scorpion. So when i ran the phoenix thru this ride, i could see the train slow down big time when inverted, and it kept getting stuck at the 1st part of the cobra roll. So long story short, i will need to use my scorpion train to make this an 8-inversion ride.

BTW, just for some info, from my experience if you are building a CD ride and you dont know which trains to use i have found this:

For sitdowns, small sitdown loopers (3-4 inversions) and giga coasters where the train never goes inverted, you can use the sitdown trains (phoenix).

For loopers with many inversions and twists and turns, or if you are building an inverted coaster, then use the scorpion trains.

Whatever you decide to use remember this: pet hair will kill your speed. Need to keep everything very clean. The scorpion is designed to run dry, so do NOT lube that train. But the Phoenix can be lubed with silicone, however if you do, i warn you that the silicone will attract MORE pet hair.

So i have completely re-designed and finished my zero-g roll and cobra roll, and i just finished my MCBR right before posting. Right now it works great, after i cleaned all the dust and hair out of my train.

Pics:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

MCBR added:

Posted Image
Posted Image

-CD33

Posted Image

#13 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:10 PM

The zero-g roll is over-twisting early. It should be perfectly inverted at the apex.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#14 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:11 PM

Looks good but the top of the Zero-G roll looks more like amn immelmen/dive loop. You should add another support to keep tht top completely inverted.

#15 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:48 PM

^^
^ yes, it really is way off, i'll try to fix that right now.

-CD33

Posted Image

#16 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:31 PM

Sorry about the double post...

Zero-G problem solved. I may keep this support or i may remove it later after the track has settled into shape. I didn't want a support in the middle because real life B + M's don't usually have a support there.

Pics:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now it looks better shaped at least.

Oh and my title was way too long and messy so I changed it to look neater.

-CD33

Posted Image

#17 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:33 PM

Triple Post

Update #5:

Today i completed 7 out of the 8 planned inversions. Since the last post i have added a brake run, a downward helix, and interlocking corks. The train makes it, however after the last cork much speed is lost and i am not so sure that i will be able to make the 8th inversion, a heartline roll.

Pics from last update 'till today:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Interlocking corks added:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I am toying with which way to end this ride, i need some input from you guys. Originally i planned on a right hand bank out of the second cork, over the station and under the zero-g roll, with the heartline roll being right before where it crosses under the zero-g. Then it would have to make another 270* right bank into the station.

Today i thought of another ending, which is shown in the pic below. The train makes a hard left hand bank after the second cork and comes up and around a big helix over three things: the pullin to the 2nd cork, pullout to the 1st cork, and the pullout to the cobra roll. So the heartline roll would need to be somewhere there, where the track crosses over the other 3 tracks. I don't have much speed. What do you guys think? Which end is better? Should i even try to pull off this 8th inversion?

Posted Image

-CD33

Posted Image

#18 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:00 PM

I say, go for it. Make the 8th inversion.

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#19 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:26 AM

howly cow!!
this is amazing, you made it sooo smooth.

it looks great now, and that end looks good to, but if you really want to go for 8 inversions, just try it, and see what's comming out

Posted Image
Eruption
Posted Image

#20 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:32 AM

Try making a curved heartline to make it fit better. This is looking great chaindog. Can't wait to see it finished! :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: burrito, jeromy, journal, master, tbm's