What Type of coaster....

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:19 AM

I have the feeling that apart from a few parks, most parks in the USA do not have theming as there should be. In northern Germany, in Hansa-Park, they're building a very simple kiddy ride. Nothing special, if you only consider the trackwork. However, the theming is phenomenal. That's something I really like in parks. Okay, sometimes it's very nice to go some park with more than 10 roller coasters, but I have the feeling that it's only that in the USA.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#22 Micronex

Micronex

Another piece for my collection

• 1270 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

CWoA really needs a Eurofighter or a b&m looper. Anything that inverts even. Even to bring Samurai back.

#23 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:17 PM

KD could use a good B&M hyper. Probably in the forested section.

Posted Image

#24 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:20 PM

Dude, we've got Millie and Magnum, we don't need a B&M hyper, what we need is a GCI, GG or Plug-n-play woody or maybe a B&M Flyer/ Diver.

Agreed. Cedar Point needs a great woodie.

Kings Island needs a B&M Invert...and to burn down Son of Beast.

SSCoasters Staff

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#25 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:18 PM

I have the feeling that apart from a few parks, most parks in the USA do not have theming as there should be. In northern Germany, in Hansa-Park, they're building a very simple kiddy ride. Nothing special, if you only consider the trackwork. However, the theming is phenomenal. That's something I really like in parks. Okay, sometimes it's very nice to go some park with more than 10 roller coasters, but I have the feeling that it's only that in the USA.

Totally agree. It's nice to go to Disneyland and experience some real theming every once in a while.

#26 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:32 PM

Totally agree. It's nice to go to Disneyland and experience some real theming every once in a while.

That is one of the reasons why I just love Adventure Express at Kings Island. It is so much fun, but it has a short line because people think it is stupid. But hey, who could not love the "YOU WILL PAY" with the giants moving their arms up and down.
I also wish that Flight Deck had kept its bill board. That was nice theming. Same with Backlot Stunt Coaster, etc.

Posted Image

#27 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:59 PM

I guess my homepark would be Kennywood, and for the theme of the Park, I would like to try to think logically. I think something along the lines of Eurofighter. A Hyper or wingrider or etc, would just be way out of place.

Now I also go to Cedar Point almost as much as Kennywood.
I would like to see something that seems to becoming trendy at parks, that CP does not have and that is a 4D ride. A zac spin or wingrider. CP does not have tons of land and a 4D could be compact.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#28 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:08 AM

Anything would be great at my homepark, Dixie Landin' ... A GCI especially. Maybe even a Eurofighter. DL should do something like Knoebels: buy Mega Zeph and re-build it with Millennium Flyers.

The closest major park would be SFOG. They need a good launched coaster. Goliath has height. And the new Eurofighter has a +vertical drop. Maybe a launched Mack coaster, like Blue Fire. And some heavy theming wouldn't hurt. They could stick it next to Batman and theme it something Joker-ish. They could theme it to an industiral complex or a ride over and around some "sky-scrapers"; Something Gotham City-like. That'd be cool.

#29 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

My home theme park is BGT, and I think we need a B&M hyper, flyer, or wing-rider. I can always picture it in my head when I go there. Don't get me started with Adventure Island.

#30 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

Well, we already got a HUGE giga coaster at CW. But what the park really needs is an Intamin accelerator coaster in the back of the park. A ride or two might be removed, but it would be the perfect place for it.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#31 Haaron05

Haaron05

Thee tower master

• 599 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

my home park needs...... a roller coaster, that's Sydney Luna park for you. it used to have cyclone which is now at dreamworld but i was to young to ride it or it was there before i was born

Posted Image[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image

(cop)KNEX AUSTRALIA!(cop)

#32 james123

james123

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:53 AM

One factor that Leaders Isle needs to perform on is theming. On trips, especially Experience Show, theming is generally remaining until it smashes, such as on of the male's hands in the 2nd raise mountain, and eliminating them.

#33 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

Alright, so one year later, let's go this again and get some more opinions.

For Cedar Point, I think 2013's Wingrider is a great addition. They definitely need some inversions and it's a relatively new styled ride. Still need a good woodie though, so hopefully 2015/16 will be the year.

With Kings Island, I'm at a loss right now. No news or rumors coming for 2013, so it's about too late for a new coaster. The key attention is on Son of Beast though, as I can't think of a good place for a new coaster to go except there. Whether it's a major renovation and re-opening or a demolition and start from new, I'm waiting for an announcement about SoB's fate and a replacement ride (unless news gets out otherwise). Regardless, my list for KI is a B&M Invert, a GCI woodie, and a modern sit-down looper. Vortex is getting out-dated and I fear Flight Deck might be on the chopping block in the next decade as well. We've seen Arrow coasters biting the dust in the past few years, loopers and suspensions alike. We also need a modern woodie if SoB leaves for good.

For my home park away from home (Kings Dominion), I think the right side of the park needs a coaster addition. I'm not sure where though, as Hurler blocks off the current border from Ricochet all the way to Grizzly. Shockwave is rumored to be removed, but the space isn't big enough for a modern coaster. Neighboring Busch Gardens also limits what KD can pull off (i.e. no Dive Machine), so I'm thinking if KD can beat BGW to the punch, I think a B&M wingrider may be next.

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#34 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

I think the wingrider is gonna be the next Raptor. Looks cool, first ride most people see, but overrated with long lines even after opening year.

I've been watching videos of some GCI coasters lately, and I definitely would like to see one at CP. The thing is I don't know if CP wants to put in a wooden coaster, because if it wasn't huge they couldn't advertise it as record breaking.

#35 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:39 AM

Do people forget about The Gravity Group?

It seems like GCI is the B&M of wooden rollercoaster firms when The Gravity Group is the Intamin of wooden rollercoaster firms. They both deliver crazy wild woodies but The Gravity Group just pushes the limits of what is possible with wooden coasters. Please keep this a debate guys.

I highly doubt this would ever, ever happen. But what if The Gravity Group were to completely re-track Mean Streak and beef it up a bit? Remove the trims, add Timberliners, replace the single airtime hills with double airtime hills, just make it awesome. Then Mean Streak can be the "World Class" woodie that Cedar Point wants it to be.

=) Keep dreaming Max.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#36 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:13 AM

GCI has been working with Cedar Fair for years, from new coasters like Renegade and Prowler to retrack work on woodies across the chain, from Mean Streak to The Beast and the full rebuild of Thunder Road.

It's not that we've forgotten about GravityGroup, just recent years have shown CF going to GCI.

SSCoasters Staff

#37 msoccerkidm

msoccerkidm

Engibeer

• 699 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:40 AM

Im really dissapointed that SFMM got rid of Deja Vu. Even though it was dysfunctional most of the time I went, I though it was a valuable coaster especially because it is the only boomerang coaster there.

Posted Image
thanx CC10

#38 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

My home park is Dorney Park and I wish it would get something as thrilling as an Intamin LSM launch coaster but all it get's is crap from other Cedar Fair Parks. Stinger=Invertigo CGA, Possessed=Steel Venom Guega lake

#39 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

^ The reason you guys haven't been getting anything "new", is actually because Cedar Fair bought the Paramount Parks. Paramount did next to nothing in the 2000s, and by 2006 when the purchase was made, the former Paramount Parks were well behind the standard for parks their size. So Cedar Fair had to spend majority of their money on those parks to boost them back up to capability. Behemoth, DBack, the two Intimidators, and Leviathan.

At least you've been getting something though...

SSCoasters Staff

#40 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

That makes sense, and that's why I go to Kings Dominion more anyway.