bird red rippin rocket screamin serpent

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 RedBird10

RedBird10

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:46 PM

My new coaster, RedBird, has started construction. The coaster will pull out of the station at 2 feet of the floor, plummet down a 98 degree drop of 1 9/10 feet drop. Next, it launches itself up a 10 foot towers. It then drops at about 83 degrees after doing an inverted top cap like on Mr. Freeze. It then enters a 5 1/2 foot or so loop, does a 4 foot corkscrew over the station, goes up a 80 degree 4 foot hill, brakes a bit, drops at about 97 degrees, does a 3 1/2 foot cobra roll, then an upward helix, followed by the brake run back into the station.
The coaster uses a rubber band launch. I strung together about 15-20 rubber bands using paper clips.

I am using 3 SS kits, 2 bins of K'nex, and 1 RR booster.

The one trouble I'm having is the first tower keeps on tipping over. Does anyone know how I can prevent this?

The actual coaster should be done in 2-3 weeks with the scenery taking an additional week.

Will give more info as this project progresses.
RB10

#2 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:50 PM

Duck tape would keep the tower up, or lateral side supports which go diagonal off the tower, but it would really help to see pictures of this first. Once we see pictures, then we can actually help you out.

Posted Image

#3 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:53 PM

You can PM a moderator to re-open this thread when you have pictures. I suggest you read the forum rules before opening new threads.

*closed*

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bird, red, rippin rocket, screamin serpent