2 replies to this topic

#1 Ro11erCoast3rMan5

Ro11erCoast3rMan5

Hi all.

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:02 AM

Hey everyone,

I recently got back into building with my K'nex and I want to start building my own custom K'nex coasters. I am new to SSCoasters and this is my first custom coaster so I am looking more at the design of my coasters instead of the looks of it right now. I would appreciate your comments on my coaster, positive or negative. I will be mixing my SS set with my RR set eventually in order to be able to finish this coaster since I don't have a second SS set right now (working on getting more). I am about half finished with the coaster right now. I will be making the track go through the loop and then back to the chain lift. Anyway, onto the pictures:

Overview:
Posted Image

Chain Lift:
Posted Image

First Turn:
Posted Image

Loop on Drop:
Posted Image

Turn after Drop:
Posted Image

EDIT: School has started back up for me and I will be having a hard time posting with school, work, and volleyball. I will try to update this once a week. Also, thanks for the suggestions. I have been trying to incorporate them into my coaster.

Edited by Ro11erCoast3rMan5, 13 August 2015 - 08:02 PM.

#2 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:26 AM

The turn just after the loop is kinda cool but also pretty sharp. I think if you move the end of it forwards, that could open the turn out a bit and not kill speed quite so much. And if you can at the end with any pieces you may have left, try and support the other side of the loop a bit more but I do understand why you haven't with the pieces you have. Otherwise, I think you've made a good start on a cool little coaster here. Hopefully the first of many.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#3 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:01 AM

I always like seeing coasters being supported with the usage of furniture. I also do like this, and it is good for your first custom. Some tips; make the translations more gradual, right now the drop has a very tight entry, as well as a tight pullout, make the radius of these transitions larger and the coaster will look more realistic, and more speed will be preserved.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: custom coaster, first coaster, screamin serpent