ReAction (Video)

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#1 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:18 PM

I know a few people have asked me on here what I am doing next.

Well to put things out onto the forum now, I am doing the finishing touches on NF(it just takes me time to wire lights (I'm slow) and also making sure that the "extras" are as I want them).

I am also working on some builds with smaller footprints (things that fit thru a door) so that I can start preparing to take over a larger space sometime After Jan 1st (I am hoping to design a realistic amusement park)

I have 3 small coasters that I have been tinkering around with. I will release the others when I am ready, but here is the first one.

A Vekoma Boomerang.
I plan to approx. 1/36 scale leaving a footprint just shy of 3 feet wide, around 8 feet long and just over 3 feet tall.
I have a design in mind for the lift hills to keep the train running repeatedly, I will show that probably in the next update.

Here is the fun.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by ickus305, 21 February 2013 - 11:53 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:37 PM

Looking epic so far, but then again what else could we expect?

#3 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:41 PM

A "Vekoma Boomerang" is a pleonasm...

#4 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:41 PM

LOL^^ True Nick.
This is looking awesome so far. I really like the supports how they look like from the side and front. Keep up the awesome work!

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#5 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

Whoo!!!! New Coaster from Ickus!!!! That amusement park idea sounds awesome!

Posted Image

#6 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:49 PM

Looking really good so far. Love the idea of having smaller rides that are "door proof" :)

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

How do you get your knex so colorful? Do you buy the knex of that color or do you dye your knex?

Anyways, great coaster love the colors!:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#8 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:20 PM

amazing!
ickus + knex = epic creations!
also do you'll use 6 or 7 car train?

#9 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:39 PM

OMG SO AWESOME! THe supports looks absolutely brilliant! You are definitely one of the best builders on the site!

#10 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:31 PM

**Throws out idea of building a boomerang coaster next**

Looks amazing Ickus, I just really want to know where you got that bright yellow track!

Can't wait to see what you build next, although I'm a bit afraid it will be amazing and will deter me of building a coaster similar to it, knowing I won't be able to match the skill, finesse, and beauty of it.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#11 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:43 PM

Looks amazing Ickus, I just really want to know where you got that bright yellow track!

Comes in the Loopin' Lizard set.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:59 PM

Comes in the Loopin' Lizard set.

and the original roller coaster. ^_^

#13 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

and the original roller coaster. ^_^

No, it doesn't come in the Original Roller Coaster.
The track for that is actually thinner.

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#14 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:08 PM

I love it! It looks very nice and the name is very creative!

Formally RK500

#15 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:13 PM

Once again, I am speechless with your outstanding work! Keep it up! PS, If you do finish the realistic Amusement Park, please put it on the site!:tmbs;)

In pieces logo thing

#16 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:40 PM

This is amazing and supports look great. Can't wait to see how you are going to get it to continuously run!

Posted Image

#17 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:53 PM

[quote name='Old_Hag']Looking epic so far, but then again what else could we expect?[/QUOTE]
Expect something crappy, then I can always live up to the expectations

[quote name='TheSUCKCrew']A "Vekoma Boomerang" is a pleonasm...[/QUOTE]
Yes it is. But I am always searching for things, but do not know the specific name, so I'm helping others search :) (yes that is my excuse)

[quote name='Turtle Man 24']LOL^^ True Nick.
This is looking awesome so far. I really like the supports how they look like from the side and front. Keep up the awesome work![/QUOTE]
Thanks
The supports look very grey in the pic, though they are mostly yellow rods. But I tried to mimic the real life structure as best as I could.

[quote name='SuperTkdkid']Whoo!!!! New Coaster from Ickus!!!! That amusement park idea sounds awesome![/QUOTE]
So far it sounds good, but I just hope it turns out well

[quote name='Maxlaam']Looking really good so far. Love the idea of having smaller rides that are "door proof" :)[/QUOTE]

Door proof means I can storage things for now and use later, and also I travel some, so having a display I can carry off with me, is something I have been wanting since I built BR. Now I am actually trying to put that into practice.

[quote name='Cowman']How do you get your knex so colorful? Do you buy the knex of that color or do you dye your knex?

Anyways, great coaster love the colors!:)[/QUOTE]

When I first started on the site, I thought about dying or painting. After experimenting I decided it would not hold up as I wanted.

I only Paint my Trains. Otherwise everything is original K'nex colours and I spend a lot a lot a lot of time searching for correctly coloured K'nex® and I pick up a ton of random things along the way, and other parts I will save for later builds.

[quote name='dragon k´nex']amazing!
ickus + knex = epic creations!
also do you'll use 6 or 7 car train?[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much.
I have not decided. anywhere from 3-6 cars probably. I will just test and see. I may not be able to use too long of a train because of how I plan to use my lift, but I will find out soon enough I guess.

[quote name='tornado96']OMG SO AWESOME! THe supports looks absolutely brilliant! You are definitely one of the best builders on the site![/QUOTE]
THank you very much. I truly appreciate the compliment, but there are definitely better buildings on the site. Also, I draw a tremendous amount of inspiration from this site.

[quote name='LaMbChOpZ']**Throws out idea of building a boomerang coaster next**

Can't wait to see what you build next, although I'm a bit afraid it will be amazing and will deter me of building a coaster similar to it, knowing I won't be able to match the skill, finesse, and beauty of it.[/QUOTE]

Your Orange Rush, gave me a ton of inspiration and a lot of ideas. One or two may show up in this build, and I spoke to you about the other build already. :)

[quote name='RollerKid500']I love it! It looks very nice and the name is very creative![/QUOTE]
I typed boomerang at thesaurus.com :)

[quote name='gromit']Once again, I am speechless with your outstanding work! Keep it up! PS, If you do finish the realistic Amusement Park, please put it on the site!:tmbs;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks and probably will in some extent, no worries.

[quote name='Josh monster']This is amazing and supports look great. Can't wait to see how you are going to get it to continuously run![/QUOTE]

It is really a very simple plan I have. Once I have tested things I will post. Still need to get the second lift to run, and I also need to put chain guide on top of both chains to hold them thru the pull out.

Thank you everyone for the replies!!
More to come when I build more :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#18 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:20 PM

You are seriously are one of the guys who truly inspires me most with your building style of jumping around with ideas ad what not, and I really notice the creativity that you put into things. A Vekoma boomerang, simple, easy, and you'll make it amazing.

Posted Image

#19 Blitz Kid 900

Blitz Kid 900

Construction Worker

• 100 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:23 PM

This looks extrodinary Ickus. Can't wait to see the cobraroll. Just one question tho... You don't use any flexy rods at all do you?

Signature removed

#20 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:05 PM

For the amusement park, make different "theme sections of the park". Like, paths, buildings, etc.

Posted Image