ReAction (Video)

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#21 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:57 AM

Awesome! I love that you use color schemes, and I'm interested in the lift mechanics you'll use!

#22 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:14 AM

Now make it fully automatic and youre golden.

Posted Image

#23 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:29 PM

Nothing too excited, but a small update of where things are currently.

Have the first lift more or less set-up. Have the chain guide in place, and the motors are working. I also readjusted the angles of the lifts some. Ignore the half way lift section. I need to do the loop and be starting into the boomerang before I set-up that lift.

I am going to install a set of neo magnets on the front wheels and last wheels of the car. I will place on set of magnets on the start lift and two sets on the mid point lift (half of the chain lift apart) I know it will not be the best for automation but this set-up will prevent a complete stall on the course and also a decent amount of the time provide continuous running of the train. (It will probably take some tweaking to get bugs worked out of it.)

here are some pics.

Posted Image

Here is the back side since I did not show it last time
Posted Image

and showing the chain guide
Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#24 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:51 PM

Awesome.

I hope your aiming for a truly unique, custom layout!!

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#25 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:55 PM

everything looks great, but where the photo shows the back of the brackets that connect the main supportes appears to be falling.

#26 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:04 PM

You do not have that many yellow 3D connectors...wow...

Also, what material is that chain guide?

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#27 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:29 PM

You do not have that many yellow 3D connectors...wow...

Also, what material is that chain guide?

I do have that many, and I just got a ton more in, so I can switch out some of the blue ones I currently have in there.

The chain guide is styrene, I believe it is .030 inches

I wanted to make a verbal update since pictures are useless as you can not see what I have been doing. First off things are slow moving for me right now as I have had a family emergency that has been taking priority over the past several days and will continue for at least another week (father had emergency surgery and is now recovering).

I have to readjust the chain guide and the motor mounting as I occasionally bin the chain. Also, I have to add magnetic strength (double magnets on the chain and the car, so that I can lift the train to it's full height, currently, it is dropping early due to the weight of the cars. Should be an easy fix, just time consuming. When I have the lifts working, and possibly the loop finished I will post a picture update, but I figure it will be awhile, but this build is not cancelled. (I already have a spot for it in the amusement park).

Cheers

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#28 kid26120

kid26120

Construction Foreman

• 212 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:07 PM

whoaw ..
It seems you're building my latest coaster ... in better !^^
I olso used magnets for the lift, by the way I go right now post the video !

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#29 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:18 PM

Looking awesome so far!

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#30 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

This project has not been my priority in building as everyone has seen everything else I have been building, as well as I have had several different family emergencies that have arisen and slowed some of my build time.

I also know that showing this update does not look like I have done too much, but I have spent a lot of time working on things.

First I readjusted the chain guide returns and the angle of the motor with the lift. (I still need to make a chain guide onto the flat section to help keep the chain from hitting the supports.)

Second, I adjusted the magnets (A few millimeters makes a huge difference) ( I had the magnet sitting low in the chain link, I moved it to the top of the link and the problem is solved.)

So this is not much of an update, but I am excited about, and hopefully the next update will not be too far away and I will have more of the layout built.

first up, the magnet on the rear car and the A lift
Posted Image

Showing the magnets apart
Posted Image

I am pleased with how this looks and works. I hope you guys are also.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#31 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

Wow! I'm glad you was able to get this to work! Now you need to get the other side fixed up and working and then build the loop and cobra roll! Also a station. And maybe theming too, are you going to add theming and scenery in it?

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#32 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

Honestly, I think it would look better if it were taller. It's close to the height as Hedgehog and it looks small next to Basilisk Rail, which it really shouldn't look too small next to

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#33 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:06 PM

Kinda agreeing with Kevin there. I'm glad that you managed to get this lift to work with magnets, though.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#34 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

Wow! I'm glad you was able to get this to work! Now you need to get the other side fixed up and working and then build the loop and cobra roll! Also a station. And maybe theming too, are you going to add theming and scenery in it?

Patience grasshopper. The theming and etc will come in due time.

Honestly, I think it would look better if it were taller. It's close to the height as Hedgehog and it looks small next to Basilisk Rail, which it really shouldn't look too small next to

Kinda agreeing with Kevin there. I'm glad that you managed to get this lift to work with magnets, though.

I also agree with the two of you. I have tried to keep what I can to scale (1:36), but I do feel that this looks small so far. So I think I will raise it some.
How does 6inches in height sound?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#35 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:18 PM

I also agree with this idea. Although it may take some work, raising it up a red rod's length shouldn't be too hard for the person who built one of the biggest coasters on here. It will really help you out with having enough speed for the rest of the layout. I like those magnets too. They look just like the ones I used on Orange Rush and I plan to use on Project 2012.

Great work so far and I hope you keep it up!

Speaking of layout, a custom layout would be cool to see, maybe have a pretzel loop like you have on BR instead of a Cobra Roll would be very unique to see. Unless you have a new layout in mind, I would suggest trying out a new combo of elements. I personally think it'll look and be very unique.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#36 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:59 PM

The lift runs super smoothly, those magnets work wonders. While I personally don't see anything wrong with the current height, raising it some won't hurt, and will have the effect of making the coaster proportional to the others, so I'm for it.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#37 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:14 AM

I'm really impressed with the effectiveness and simplicity of your lift. Outstanding innovation.

#38 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:03 AM

Yeah, crazy stuff your doing here dude. Simply easy and reliable lift that could have been very complicated and frustrating if not done right. With the additional height raise it will only make it look better than it is.

Posted Image

#39 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:50 AM

Although that system isn't too complicated, I think it will work very reliable. Just work on the right height for the coaster and it will be fine.

Posted Image

#40 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:39 AM

Yeah, I'd say somewhere around 6 to 7 inches.

SSCoasters Staff