ReAction (Video)

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#41 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

I feel a slight urge to build something like this but go for the real system for the for the main lift. The second... I'll have to take a good look with what you can come up with.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 kid26120

kid26120

Construction Foreman

• 212 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

This is looking good so far, the only problem you could have is for the inversions. I hope the cars will make it with the height you have here. Thoses inversions are speed killers..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#43 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:46 AM

^That shouldn't be the biggest problem ;)

Great job on the lift system, but what happens when the cars go so fast that they go under the magnet? Or ain't that possible?

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#44 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

I also agree with this idea. Although it may take some work, raising it up a red rod's length shouldn't be too hard for the person who built one of the biggest coasters on here. It will really help you out with having enough speed for the rest of the layout. I like those magnets too. They look just like the ones I used on Orange Rush and I plan to use on Project 2012.

Great work so far and I hope you keep it up!

Speaking of layout, a custom layout would be cool to see, maybe have a pretzel loop like you have on BR instead of a Cobra Roll would be very unique to see. Unless you have a new layout in mind, I would suggest trying out a new combo of elements. I personally think it'll look and be very unique.

Raised.
I'm using N52 and they are 1/4 inch
Thanks
Sorry,going for a standard boomerang layout.

The lift runs super smoothly, those magnets work wonders. While I personally don't see anything wrong with the current height, raising it some won't hurt, and will have the effect of making the coaster proportional to the others, so I'm for it.

Glad you like the magnets. It took some tinkering to get the lift to carry the train to top correctly. Such as making sure the magnets where in the correct places.

I'm really impressed with the effectiveness and simplicity of your lift. Outstanding innovation.

I like to go with K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simply Stupid) when it comes to problem solving.

Yeah, crazy stuff your doing here dude. Simply easy and reliable lift that could have been very complicated and frustrating if not done right. With the additional height raise it will only make it look better than it is.

Very frustrating. The chain guide which is definitely needed, is a royal pain!

Although that system isn't too complicated, I think it will work very reliable. Just work on the right height for the coaster and it will be fine.

It may miss on occasion, but I am not overly worried about it. Maveric and Top Thrill Dragster do not also launch properly and they roll back. So I'm just trying to stay with the realism of things. :)

Yeah, I'd say somewhere around 6 to 7 inches.

About what I raised it. I added a grey to the length.

I feel a slight urge to build something like this but go for the real system for the for the main lift. The second... I'll have to take a good look with what you can come up with.

Well, I have the system posted.

This is looking good so far, the only problem you could have is for the inversions. I hope the cars will make it with the height you have here. Thoses inversions are speed killers..

^That shouldn't be the biggest problem ;)

Great job on the lift system, but what happens when the cars go so fast that they go under the magnet? Or ain't that possible?

-=Tk=-

Then they go over the magnet, and weight at the bottom of the hill, until the chain brings the magnet back around. on the station lift there will only be 1 magnet on the chain so that way the train will weight in the station. On the loop lift, there will be 2-4 magnets displaced on the chain to increase the rate of picking up the train.

Here is the raised height Does it look better in proportion now??
Posted Image

**READ BEFORE COMMENTING**
The loop is not supported
The loop is not finished

How is the general height, and location of the loop?
If everything is good, I will add more track to support connections, and also the other 4 tubes, and get the tear drop shape fixed up better.
If not I will make the adjustments and then finish the loop.

Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#45 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:18 PM

The proportion looks pretty good compared to this picture.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#46 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

The height looks much better now :) I just hope the train will make it through the cobra roll and loop.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#47 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:37 PM

I agree, with this height, you should be fine getting it through the cobra roll. Having a normal layout would also be good, thinking about how hard it would be now to make sure that it has enough speed in both directions.

For some reason this loop looks really small to me, but it's amazing. Do you know how well your speed is coming out/going through the loop? As you most likely know, this type of coaster seems to be the one that kills people's speed easily. I like the plan for your supports by the way, and it sounds like you're going for the traditional Up-side-down-V shaped supports for the sides of the loop.

Everything looks amazing and please don't stop with the finesse and the attention to detail you're putting into this. (thumbsup)

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#48 Fraggie

Fraggie

Lead Engineer

• 1455 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:42 PM

The loop looks pretty good, not sure if you were gonna fix this but it seems the pullout is a bit tight at the base of the loop. And as you said the loop is not done and there are some obvious bumps. But wow...you are a great builder

#49 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:43 AM

So far I see one mistake: the track though the station is inclined. I think it should be flat.

#50 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:05 AM

So far I see one mistake: the track though the station is inclined. I think it should be flat.

I'm quite sure that is to help align the car for the next round.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#51 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:46 AM

The height of the two lifts seems to be perfect now :). I have one question, if you place four magnets on the chain of the second lift and the car will fall back again but also pass another magnet on the chain, what will happen then?
that loop must be painful to ride by the way :P.

Posted Image

#52 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:15 PM

Problem.
The train is not even close to making it thru the layout. Going forwards the train valleys in the boomerang element, and going backwards to train valleys between the loop and boomerang.

I see two options
1. Raise the lifts (probably lengthen by another gray rod (as I did in the first height adjustment))
2. Lower the elements (the seem small enough as it is)

If there is another option please let me know

**Note, I realize there are bumps and the shaping is off some (no point in making it perfect if I need to change it anyways**

A second view
Posted Image

and of course the room for size comparison
Posted Image

On a positive note while I was tending to other things in the room, I placed a cross tie upsidedown in the boomerang so the train would roll back to the first lift, and the lifting mechanism is working great! (slightly more back and forth when setting up in the station then I would like, but it is not horrible))

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#53 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

Raise the lifts. The elements are going to look really funny if they get any smaller. It actually wouldn't hurt to make them bigger if you could.

#54 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

A racing/dueling woodie??? COOL!!!!

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#55 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:37 PM

^I see it AHHHH look awesome so far, it is really tight in the beggining of the cobra roll...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#56 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

I like it but your Mid-Cobra section is not banked enough.

#57 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

I agree with Alex. You need to bank the mid section less. Also, you should make the lifts taller.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#58 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:28 PM

Ummm, that's definitely too much banking... not 'not enough'.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#59 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:46 PM

Superb! Very nice job on this indeed!

Posted Image

#60 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:25 AM

Cobra-roll looks weird. The 'loop' side has a straight spot in it, and the middle is not enough un-banked.